“Not what I hoped for...”

Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #129 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had heard about the 'circus' shows that were available to watch so I was pretty excited... until I stepped foot inside the building. Immediately I could tell this hotel / casino is serving tourists not looking for any sort of luxury. The facility looked very worn down and the 'circus' consisted of one performer every 45 min in a very small center round ring in the middle of the casino. Each act lasted approx 5-10 min. We stayed long enough to see a contortionist and an aerialist. The upper floor is full of carnival games for kids and the lower floor has casino games. There is a feel of uncleanliness in this place...the small snackbar we sat at had open trash and bits of food on the floor behind the counter. The vendors were selling flea market type merchandise that did not fit with the 'circus' theme. I was really disappointed. If you're looking for a luxurious or upscale experience (which I foolishly assumed all casinos tried to provide) you may want to head to the opposite end of the strip - Cesars, Palazzo and Venetian, etc.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (10,158)

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My most recent stay was late June for my birthday last week. This is my third time at Circus Circus and I always choose the west tower room, preferably top floor. This room has to be the best value in Vegas for all you get. Rooms were always clean and the decor is modern and comfortable. This hotel is the best choice for families coming with kids as there is an entire adventure dome dedicated. I felt safe here and like the convenience of a McDonalds inside and another just outside the casino. Of course there are several other options of food inside the hotel but I don't recommend the buffet! It would have been nice if Monorail had a station, but the nearest is Sahara which isn't safe at night to be walking from. I would definitely return on future visits. The only drawback is the rooms offer no fridge or microwave.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The saying, "you get what you pay for" holds true. The place needs to be bulldozed down. It is old and in need of repair. The BABY ROACHES that kept appearing did not help my review.
The only thing that they had going for them was the excellent customer service. The hotel has potential because it is child friendly, but until they do something about the old carpet, roaches, mold, hold bathrooms, etc. I will never recommend anyone staying in that hotel. Pay a little more and say someplace more updated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank auburn b
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This room very was outdated. It was a detached building far from the lobby/main building, it made it feel unsafe. The bathroom had stains on the walls and floor, cracks in the baseboard and was also outdated. Needed new carpet, it smelled. Does management even see these rooms? The pool was overcrowded and was blasting music so loud we didn't get to use it! I can't believe they take so much money for this type of room, $159! Per weekend night. It was a $50/night room at best! I wish we asked to see the room first. We only stayed 1 night or would have moved for sure. I wanted to complain but ironically the line at the front desk was too long! They charge a $14.95 resort fee, what that means is a coupon book, that was of no use to us at all! The upside was free parking (not near our room though) and it was quiet??

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank G S
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Circus Circus with my family. Rooms were clean and updated.

We didn't notice a smoke smell in the entire resort.

Great selection of food and things to do for the kids. I hadn't stayed at Circus Circus in many years and found it to be a pleasant surprise.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank lamchops21
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed at circus circus for two nights.great value for money the rooms were clean and big and very cheap.
Check in was efficient for such a big hotel and it is on the strip which was great.
Very big hotel with everything you could want and also provided you with free circus acts as well

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've been in this hotel about 3 times by now. The first time was back in 2011. The last 2 times were in 2013. The hotel is big with a lot of rooms and a lot of options for both parents and kids to enjoy themselves. The rooms are simple, clean and nice.
The check-in feels like it's taking ages (I really wonder with what kind of system you are working since I work at the Front Desk of a hotel myself and even I noticed that the check-in took exceptionally long) and I was not the only one thinking that. However the staff overall is very nice. The last time I was there, I had a problem with my bathtub. When I called the maintenace over the phone, they send someone immediately who took care of the problem.
I remember th first time, it was very overwhelming to be in the hotel with all the casino slots, lights, noise etc. However, I quickly noticed this is a ''normal'' thing in Las Vegas.
Overall a pleasant hotel with nicely priced rooms (trust me you do get decent quality).

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anne G
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Anne G,

We are grateful for the loyalty demonstrated to our property, and always enjoy hosting you here at Circus Circus. Although we regret the plumbing issue and check-in delays encountered, it’s nice to know you appreciate our attentive service and affordable room rates. Thanks for making us your second home when traveling to Las Vegas. We look forward to your return!

Lori P.