“Terrible terrible place to stay, please trust me on this”
Review of City Center Motel

City Center Motel
Ranked #214 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Terrible terrible place to stay, please trust me on this”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The motel is terrible, do not stay here. Once we got there they put us in a smoking room, I specifically asked for a non smoking. Once I walked into the room, I turned right around and asked for a refund. After arguing with the rude night manager he agreed to refund us one night and moved us to a non smoking room. There were guys smoking pot in the parking lot/pool and the entire place smelled like pot. The place was full of shady looking characters. I was not comfortable there at all. Surprisingly the bathroom was clean. Other than that I seriously considered sleeping in my car in fear that I would fail a drug test due to every shady person smoking drugs there. do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. I felt safer when I was in Afghanistan. Please unless you sell crystal meth/crack this probably isn't the place for you.

Room Tip: To hell with this place
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Dan L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sacramento
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Rooms were good for the price.

At $54 a night this was one of the better places to stay for the location. Your in walking distance to all the Freemont Experience stuff and a quick drive to Las Vegas Blvd. The room was decent with a few annoyances... The television was constantly messing up and the Air Conditioning i think is on some kind of timer because it went on and off through out the night. Some of the outlets didn't work either. The service was exceptional and the area for being in down town las vegas was as secure as it got. I had would of had no problem leaving my vehicle at night there fully loaded. (although i never did)

I would stay here again if i am in the area.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 44 and A/C when off and on... 2 outlets didn't work and television wasn't cle...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed here twice during the last week: once on my way to Colorado and again on my way back. It was better than I thought it would be for the price. There was a refrigerator but no coffee maker, and central air so we were nice and cool. It was 105 degrees outside. There was also a pool but we didn't use it. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. On our second visit there were 2 women smoking 2 rooms away and it was horrible, but it was quiet. The internet did not work. It was $49 plus tax.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank FCsantacruz
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed here a few years ago and loved the location. The new owners have made and continue making many improvements to the property and rooms. The a/c was quiet and kept room comfortable and it was 105 outside. Nice pullup parking for first floor rooms. Pool is quite nice too. Coffee maker and fridge but no microwave. Beds were very comfortable to. The Fremont street experience is a must see and only a short walk from motel. You don't have to try and find parking just walk. This is not a fancy Vegas hotel but comfortable and convient. Oh yes, the internet worked too. For the price it's hard to beat.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Amsterdam
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Rooms are adequate, clean and the aircon works pretty good (see last review!). It seems that the new owner did some renovations. Bathroom is clean, the beds are good. Therefore a very good price/quality ratio. Very friendly and helpfull people at the reception. Location also very good, just a short stroll to the Freemont Street Pedestrian Zone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Socal
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I almost gave this one star but I prefer to reserve that for motels that are actively bad - this one was just incredibly mediocre.

1. There was no air conditioning - in Vegas! Room was hot and all we could get was warm air out of the vent - we could get it blowing gently or hard, but not warm or cool.

2. The floorboards creaked horribly every step we took. I felt sorry for the people below us. The room next to ours was empty as was the room below that. They shouldn't have booked rooms above each other until it was unavoidable.

3. The bathroom was nasty. Cheapest possible fixtures, peeling paint, scummy bath.

4. Never got our alarm call. Fortunately we had set our iPods too. I went to tell the clerk and he said it went off but it didn't

• Stayed June 2010

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

uk
Reviewed 30 May 2010

of the srip on koual lane next to ellis island good base for srip and beer good rooms free coffee and tea in lobby and rooms good value not five star but two pool small and hot tub

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple