“Forget about your breakfast”

Travelodge Las Vegas Airport North/Near the Strip
Ranked #117 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This place is standard for the value of lodging, but not a friendly place. Breakfast area was too small.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel room was decent. For the price of a last minute low cost hotel all I'm expecting is cleanliness and I rank the room about an 8 out of 10. Front desk staff was pleasant. When I asked about the airport shuttle the General Manager Chris Mylon, who initially blew me off and passed me on to the nice front desk lady, jumped down my throat saying something was fishy. He cut me off to accuse me of whatever he was going through. I tried to leave then he asked me if I was in room 203 in front of hotel guest in their lobby! Talk about security issues! Two young women in a budget hotel lobby with a room number shared with the guests sitting in the hotel lobby area. Very unprofessional and rude behavior. He's got a screw loose. Last time I'm staying here while he's manager. Oh yeah watched him go off on hotel guests asking to check in early about 30 mins before AND he went off on my brother who called for the airport shuttle. He was horrible and my experience and rating would have been greater if I had not run in to Chris.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jas W
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in early July 2014; a total of 9 hrs before getting out of there and on the road to AZ

What to expect:
- cleanliness in the rooms at the level where you feels like you should walk around in socks and wear flip flops in the shower
- rattling & noisy A/C; this goes beyond a white noise hum, your ears will keep ringing in the silence after you turn it off (granted, it was perfectly functional in getting the room comfortable to sleep in, despite the outside being 90ºF at midnight)
- (morning) Manager who couldn't care less that there were people in the lobby/dining area; he barked orders at two staff members to "immediately take down breakfast, as soon as the clock says 9am"
- "breakfast" consists of white/brown toast, butter/margarine, one flavor of jam, plain Cheerios or Raisin bran, orange or apple juice from a machine and "coffee" (I am being generous in using that term)

On the plus side:
- the FREAKIN' PRICE (and only the price) is what earns this a rating of 3/5
- plenty of parking, right outside your room (which came in handy, as we had to lug our large suitcases from the minivan to the room)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
AirportTravelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Las Vegas Airport North/Near the Strip, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

We have gone through and replaced almost all of the AC's on the property. There are times that the AC might be noisy, every time we get a complaint about an AC we do look into and if it needs replacing we do try and get it replaced right away

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel because of the convenient location to the airport. The location is great, we only stayed there for one night. The room was good, spacious enough and great for the price. The continental breakfast included two cereal options, bananas, and some light pastries. For the price it served it's purpose. Great experience checking in with the night staff. The young woman at the front was nice too in the morning, but the general manager was off his rocker. He argued and was rude with two ladies trying to check in early. Then he was rude to us when we asked about the shuttle pick up service to and from the airport. He became belligerent. If you can avoid him you will be fine...The room is decent for the price...wouldn't be my first option in terms of safety for a woman traveling alone, should be fine for a group traveling...again. The GM was Charles. If you can avoid him, do. He looks and acts creepy. Weirdo.

• Stayed: July 2014

We do appreciate every Guests Stay, if it seemed that we were wrong in the way we stated information about the shuttle we do apologize. Our Shuttle runs 7 days a week from 7am to 10pm, and we request that the Guest inform us upon check in to schedule it for the return Trip to the Airport so we can make sure we are able to accommodate them.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jonathan P

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was in the travellodge last week . Since i arrived everything went wrong .. They did not had my booking . They charged me twice and i noticed the next day.. So i went to the lobby with my print out from my back and the manager .. An old man with a cap and a broken leg ignored me and invited me to go as he has more guest to attend. Today my credit card statement came out and my previsions were right . Ive been charged twice so i rang them and again the manager told me that he didn't do anything and if i have 2 payment he told me to contact my back and he hanged off the phone . I couldn't even reply.. This manager is something very close to the nastiest and unprofessional person you could see on earth . I am taking this case further.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jaime M

WE strive to make sure that every guest is billed carefully. The situation that tends to happen is that some reservations are booked through a third party website, and they charge the Guests Credit Card. We do at times never receive the Guest Reservation from the third Party Website, so please always make sure you have a copy of your reservation. Also keep in mind that there is two other Travelodge's in Las Vegas

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was lucky I got a place that was cheap and easy to get to. I travel a lot and I never can get a hotel that is available that day unless it was motel 6 and not n a holiday. I was traveling from Ca to Las Vegas and I booked from my phone's internet and came across this 3.5 hotel with pictures and I read the reviews as well, First time bookingt his way and I was successful, best price under $40 and the room was pretty decent, but the reason for the 3 stars I rated was because there were some small issues. The shelf were towels were, I found a dried up pizza bread on it. And when I when to take a shower the side of the shower near the floor there was some kind of brown or rusty color small mess. I was not to happy about that, but I wasn't going to stay for another day, but I did mention it to the front office to make sure it doesn't happen to the next person. Again, it was a nice room and had air conditioning. And the area was quiet and had a pool.

1  Thank Kimberly M

We are in the process of retraining our Housekeeping staff to make sure that every room is thoroughly clean