“Super impressed with the customer service!”

Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #84 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
sunny, az
“Super impressed with the customer service!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed here for a convention. This hotel is across from the monorail, which made it so convenient to get to the strip. One morning the cafe was overwhelmed by all the people who were all there at the same time because we were all going across the street for a convention. The staff handled it very well, making sure everyone had what they ordered and giving some away complimentary, all with a smile.
Our one bedroom suite was spacious and had a sliding glass door to the court yard. There was a microwave, small fridge and single cup coffee maker in the room. There was also complimentary coffee in the lobby.
We were very impressed with the staff and service!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank AshB34

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
san diego
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This Courtyard is typical of all the Courtyards that recently have been re-done. Fresh, with everything you need. It's basically in the backyard of Wynn's golf course. Meaning you could walk to many of the hotels and casinos very easily. However, the monorail station is right across the street. I got to Caesars in 10 minutes including the walk from the station in the Flamingo. On return I got from MGM in 7 minutes because the station is right in the Hotel.
When I needed a cab to the airport I walked out of the hotel and one appeared immediately because the hotel is right on Paradise, the main route to the airport, 7 minutes away. Don't let cab drivers take you any route except Paradise direct to the Courtyard.

Room Tip: I always think a room on the top floor is best so no one is walking around on your head. It was 100...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank denssull
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We love the Courtyard by Marriott hotels. They are always just what we need. This one was pretty nice in general although I wish the AC was quieter. Courtyards are usually pretty quiet. With Las Vegas hitting 104 this week the ACs get a real workout and this one was just tired and complaining. The maintenance man put in a missing screw which helped.

Room Tip: Always ask for a quiet room. If you don't ask you may not get one.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This is your typical Courtyard hotel, one that's been updated recently to the new style. Located opposite the Convention Center and therefore handy for those intending to be there for a few days. I stayed here for a conference which was held at the Venetian which meant a 10 minute cab ride ($10) each time. I statyed at the Courtyard becasue I'm not a big fan of the large hotels (too many people) and this quieter hotel was more to my taste.

Overall the stay was a good one, as you would expect from a Marriott hotel. Only issues were the length of time it takes to get a taxi and the noisey air conditioner in the room. Staff were very helpful and attentive. Location is not so great unles you are going to be visting the Convention Center.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BritintheUSA1
Mays Landing, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Had a lovely room on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool. The room was spacious with 2 Queen beds and was clean & comfortable. The air conditioning worked well as the outside temperatures soared to over 100 degrees during my stay!

The staff I encountered were friendly & helpful. Always nice to see a smile when they saw me & a "hello" or "good morning!" Ruby, the front desk gal during the day shift was especially helpful & gave me a late check-out when I requested it due to a late night flight back home on my last day.

The water pressure in the shower was wonderful...always nice to have a good shower experience after a long & hot day of touring outside in the heat!

The bed was fabulous and I slept well. I couldn't have asked for better linens and pillows. I really looked forward to sleeping in my bed each night. I stayed 3 nights so really got to love the bed here! The bed was so comfortable that I wish I had the same one at home!

The proximity to the monorail station (just across the street) was excellent. I used the monorail a lot during my stay to see the Strip. Also took the 108 bus at the bus stop also across the street...very convenient too. The 108 bus took me to the Fremont Street Experience area.

I traveled alone to Las Vegas and met up with some family and friends during my stay. About half of my time in Las Vegas was done solo with the other half being with other people. I did enjoy the "quiet time" of being in my room...the facility was very quiet...at least on the floor I was on.

The housekeeper who took care of my room did a very good job. The room was always very clean & inviting when I would return later in the day.

Used the internet down in the lobby which was great. Although I had brought my laptop with me, I was so exhausted each evening when I came in that I never checked my e-mails or did anything with my computer throughout my trip! Must have had something to do with the excessive heat outside each day!

Enjoyed playing around with the large touch screen computer in the lobby. Had not really tried this out before so that was fun.

Overall, I definitely would stay at this Courtyard by Marriott hotel again. It was a great choice for me!

Room Tip: I always like a room on a higher floor. Since I frequently am alone when I travel, this gives me an...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
California
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My family and I stayed here last weekend. It was a last minute reservation since I got jerked around by another Vegas hotel. Anyway we arrived rather late (1:00am) and I was greeted by a friendly staff member and checked in without incident. Let me preface by saying this is not a gambler's hotel. No casino and no slot machines. This is a business/family hotel that sits directly across the street from the LV Convention Center. It is in a great location. From the hotel it is a short drive to the strip and I loved the fact that you can use Paradise Road to get from one end of Vegas to the other without dealing with the congested traffic you experience when driving down the strip. The hotel was clean and the beds very comfortable. Let me stop down to say that this new trend of short pillows on the beds in most hotels these days SUCKS! I perfer the full size pillows. I also agree with "Linksnut" that the towels seemed old, thin, and gritty. Oh, and the elevator was a bit rickety. Anyway, my family and I did not use the swimming pool nor the work out room. I did use the no hassle complementry computers in the lobby to access Mapquest. My family and I stayed their two days in two adjoining rooms. Pleasant stay, great price, and I would stay their again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
linksnut
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I chose to stay here because theyre directly across the street from the convention center. Traveling with an elderly, i wanted close access in the event she got tired. I made a reservation two weeks ago and specifically requested 2 beds. Called the the day before arrival to let them know that i would be checking in after 10 pM. Sharon said "don't worry, I'll be here when you check in. It will not be a problem." I asked if I have a room with 2 beds. She said no. That request was never made and proceeded to give me an attitude. I was not happy about this but I had no choice as most places are sold out due to the convention.

I arrive before 10 pm to check in. No Sharon and no reservation. They cancelled my room without a valid reason... My guess is Sharon cancelled it because I was upset.

After 30 minutes getting upset at the front desk clerk, he miraculously found a room...

If all this wasn't bad enough, the room is tiny, dirty and old. I called to request housekeeping to at least make the sofa bed and I was told "the sheets are in the drawer... No housekeeping available."

The AC had high pitch that would not stop. They said no one is available to fix until the following day. No safe, towels are thin and old.

ONE OF THE WORST PLACES I'VE EVER STAYED AT, IF NOT THE WORST.

Room Tip: If you have no choice and must absolutely stay here... Request to see the room first to make sure th...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank linksnut
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
My name is Dinesh Rao, I am the General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at my hotel on TripAdvisor. Without honest feedback from our guests we have no way of getting better! In reading your comments it is clear my team and I failed to deliver on the service you expect when staying at a Marriott hotel.

Specifically, I want to let you know that I have spoken with each associate involved in order to gain a better understanding of why your reservation was cancelled and how we could have better handled the situation in order to avoid the significant inconvenience and frustration you encountered. I am confident we have identified the cause of the situation and more importantly, I am confident all associates involved understand what needs to be done differently going forward so that this issue does not repeat itself.

I have also spoken with my housekeeping team in regards to the issues you encountered with your room. Please know that while we are not typically staffed to provide evening service, I have made it clear to my team that individual requests for service should be accommodated whenever possible.

I would also like the opportunity to speak with you directly if at all possible in order to inquire if there are any additional comments or suggestions you may have after your recent stay at the Courtyard. Please contact me at the hotel 702.791.3600 by asking for Dinesh Rao.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, I look forward to hearing from you.