“Quiet and clean business hotel!”

Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #83 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
New Delhi, India
“Quiet and clean business hotel!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We were in Las Vegas for just a day and a night. Since we were on a budget and it was a weekend, hotels on the strip were working out to be too expensive for us. (Prices are 2-3 times higher on weekends!) Courtyard turned out to be a good off-strip choice for a weekend as it was easily accessible from the Strip, and reasonably priced.

Check-in was a breeze - a definite plus as I saw huge lines for check-in at the bigger Strip hotels. Nice, friendly and helpful receptionist too. The room was extremely clean - typical crisp Courtyard style, with a nice little balcony overlooking the pool. There was also free Wifi. There was no safe in the room (disappointing!), but there were safe deposit boxes at the reception. There was also a boarding pass print out station - oh so convenient!

The property is located right opposite a monorail station, and the monorail takes you directly to most hotels on the strip.It closes at 2 am though, so if you are relying on that to come back, be sure to keep that in mind!

On the whole, a good mid-range off-strip option.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Christopher J, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thanks very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read your comments - we definitely consider ourselves a great alternative to the Strip hotels and a speedy check-in is just one reason why! Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Las Vegas.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I would rate this in between average and poor. I've stayed at a lot of Marriott properties, and this was sub par. The bed was hard. the room was okay, but the rest of the hotel was in need of a good cleaning and a face lift. The staff was nice and helpful though.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Christopher J, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center on TripAdvisor. I was dissapointed to read your comments regarding the poor experience you had while our guest. I have printed your comments and will be reviewing them with my leadership team in order to identify opportunities to improve our service and product. While the hotel did receive a full room and lobby renovation in 2012 and 2010 respectively, we will continue to make every effort to improve the cleanliness and condition of the hotel. I was pleased to read you received quality service from our associates as they are truly where we set ourselves apart from other hotels.

virginia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Across the street from the monorail. Very clean hotel. Has a refrigerator and cofee maker.
This hotel is off the strip but will stay here again. The parking is free and gated.
Free wifi is a plus, the tv could do a little improvement for quality.
We enjoyed the little balcony and the restaurant on the premises

Room Tip: stay on the third floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed two nights at this courtyard. Its notable in that its like any other courtyard, low rise, compact and standard, this all in las vegas where you could be in a different area code between the parking lot of the hotel/resort and your room.
Price was fair, standard comfort for a courtyard, clean and comfortable, not much else.

I had a nice pool facing room minimizing noise from the roads nearby and enjoyed sitting on the balcony. Complaints- noticable noise from adjoining rooms and hallway. Some key card issues but overall a decent stay at a fair price. Location, best have a car, take the nearby monorail or walk to convention center, strip is over a mile away for the las vegas experience.

Room Tip: get a pool facing room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center. We like to consider ourselves a good alternative to the mega hotels with convenient parking and consistent Marriott service. We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.

Sincerely

Modesto, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend. I went with my family. Since my daughter was with me I really didn't want to stay on the strip. The hotel staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and I liked the little patio that was on our room. We sat outside and didn't have to sit inside the but also had a little privacy. There is nothing within walking distance to eat, but there is the cafe's there. The walk to the strip is not the best. But the monorail is just across the street and it is the best way to get to the strip. I would definitely stay here again for the price and quality then on the strip. Just like all other Marriott's I have stayed at, I expect the best and am never let down.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you taking the time to comment on your stay at the Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center. I am happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and maintain consistency you have come to expect from Marriott. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I wish I could find one good thing to say. Had reservation for king bed and was given 2 doubles. Beds are hard. The room smelled musty. Small refrigerator did not work and food spoiled. Room next to highway is loud due to traffic. Staff indifferent and not helpful. This is NOT convenient to the strip and expect to pay $15 each way cab fare to anywhere on the strip. "Restaurant" is not open for lunch and no place close to get a decent meal. For the time I was staying strip hotels were a better deal. Think twice just because it 's close to the convention center for business.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
I was very disappointed to read your comments about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center. Please accept my apology for our inability to meet your needs and expectations. I will be sharing your comments with my leadership team so we can identify where our systems broke down during your visit. I can assure you that the service my staff and I provide is far superior to what you may have experienced and described. We welcome the opportunity to host you again so that we can properly demonstrate the Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center and Marriott service we are known for.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed a few nights at this property in September 2013.

Standard Courtyard. Has the updated lobby with bar/ bistro. The rooms are standard.

You can walk to the convention center and the Las Vegas tram. The Wynn/Encore Casino/hotel on the strip is pretty close and if it is not too hot you could walk there.

The parking lot seemed rather small, but I never had trouble finding a spot. The entrances and exits to the parking are gated.

I paid about $100.00 per night. With so many casino hotels around you can surely find a better rate at a fancier place. However if you need easy access to you car and need to move around Vegas by car a lot, this is a good choice as you can park near your room and exit the hotel by car and not be stuck in traffic on the strip.

AC is motion sensor activated which can result in a hot room as Vegas cooks!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SMDTraveler
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and overall feelings regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center. Without honest feedback from guests such as yourself we have no way of improving.

Like most hotels in Las Vegas the hotel has installed sensors on our AC units, however feel free to contact any member of the hotel and we can ensure the system is properly set to meet your comfort levels. We strive to ensure each of our guests is comfortable and productive in our newly remodeled rooms and lobby.

We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in future.