“A little staycation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #128 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS
“A little staycation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We chose this hotel because of it's location so close to our home. (we have animals that need care) Upon arrival we were greeted by Paul who was behind the counter. He was very pleasant and helpful in securing a pool room for us. The outside grounds were very clean and neat in spite of some really wild winds. Our room was very nice. Nice size, nice bed and bedding, and so very clean! The pool and spa area are kept equally clean and inviting, and there were always towels availabe. We will go back and will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Pool rooms are very nice. Slider opens to the beautiful courtyard
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HippyAGypsy
chris_cy_gm, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Summerlin Courtyard for your stay. It is very gratifying for us to hear that we have met and/or exceeded our guests expectations during their stay with us. I will share your comments with Paul, and the entire staff. I sincerely hope that we will be able host all of your future "staycations".

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I am writing about my stay at Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin. The stay itself was pleasant. The room is decent and comfortable but I want share an incident that happen during (and after) my stay.

I have scheduled an Amazon parcel to be delievered to me during my stay at the hotel but due to some delay, it never arrived on time and as a result I have to return it. Since I was departing the hotel that afternoon, I have to cancel my order on the computer and printed out a return label for the package. I asked the lady at the reception to take care of the return for me (once the package arrived) and cross my fingers that the return will be fine.

To cut to the long story short, Tahirah Laughinghouse of the Courtyard LV Summerlin contacted me a couple weeks later because UPS never came to pick up the package. (She got my number from the event function I attended at the time.) She attempted to drop the return off at a UPS store but because the UPS return shipping label is different than the return label I printed out for Amazon, she called me to see if I can get a proper return label for UPS.

After some manevouring, I managed to send the information to her and she is nice enough to drop off the package for return for me again. I once again thank her for taking the extra effort in making sure my package is properly returned. I want to commend her actions here.

Roger

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
chris_cy_gm, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your service commendation for Tahirah. Fortunately for us this type of attention to detail and service excellence is the norm and not an exception. I will share your comments with her, and the entire staff, as an example of the exceptional guest service standard we strive to achieve every day. Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will be able to host your future visits to Las Vegas.

Chris
Carol Stream, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Clean and comfortable, away from the strip but close to my family. I would definitely recommend staying here and will stay here again myself when I return to Las Vegas. Hotel is modern, clean and easy to get to.

Room Tip: My room had a pool view, bright, sunny and cheerful, just what I needed and wanted.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kathystravels2014
Dear Valued Guest ,

I am very sorry for your loss. I am sincerely pleased that during your time of grief that the hotel and it's staff were able to make you feel comfortable. Thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay with us. It is my hope that you we can continue to host your return visits to the Las Vegas area.

Chris
Hither and Yon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We won't be returning...

I woke up in the middle of the night to lights that didn't work in the bathroom or entry way, so the main light had to be used--waking up the family. We realized the next morning that if both bathroom AND entry light are used at the same time the GFI is triggered and neither works until it is re-set. This is a simple fix--just not at 4 a.m. in the dark! (Hopefully reception told maintenance about the issue when we informed them at check-out!)

Breakfast the next morning was quite disappointing at their in-house Bistro. We ordered a hot breakfast, a container of strawberries, and a parfait and sat down at one of the tables to realize we'd not been given silverware. Simple--except getting them wasn't. The person who ordered the hot breakfast gets proper silverware, but the rest of us were given a plastic set--to share. Perhaps the server didn't realize how dismissive this was--should all people at the table not be given proper silverware? Do they really even need plastic ware? Shame, really...

Also frustrating was the fact that this hotel does not have high chairs. Both of our babies had to sit on our laps to eat breakfast...

It's a nice property, but it's just not family friendly. This should have been obvious the night before when we had to rush the kids by the big-screen in the lobby that was showing an episode of the Walking Dead. There was no playing cards in the lobby that night!

We've loved all of our Marriott experiences until this one. There are a lot of family-friendly hotels, but this is just not one of them...

Room Tip: Make sure your room doesn't overlook the freeway, or you'll not get any sleep!
Green Features: The Bistro uses a LOT of plastic--not exactly environmentally-friendly! Can parfaits and strawberries not be served in ceramic dishes? Can they not give our silverware instead of plastic ware?
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
chris_cy_gm, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us. I'm sorry that your visit was less than perfect. I appreciate the feedback on the areas that concerned you the most and have shared them with the appropriate staff members so that we may improve. It is always our intention to make our guests stay as enjoyable as possible and I'm sorry that we did not meet that objective in your case.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and there were plenty of hand towels and washcloths. There were about 8 half sized pillows per bed (grr) but the bed wasn't too bad. If you are spending most of your time at the strip, this hotel is way out of your way. The customer service was friendly.

Stayed March 2014
chris_cy_gm, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us. I'm glad that the staff friendliness met your expectations. I appreciate your review of the pillows and I hope that you will be able to visit us in the future.

Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel was nicely updated inside and I thought the rooms were a good size. It was closely located to the soccer complex and there were many options around for restaurants (too many to name but especially close to the In N'Out ). There were grocery stores, Walgreens and a WalMart close for any last minute needs plus a Starbucks store just down the road. While there weren't any outside beverages/food allowed in the hotel which I completely understand since many teams don't have the respect they should for being quiet and cleaning up after themselves. The pool area and spa were nice and well kept and the hotel staff were friendly and accomodating. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a top level room with a balcony overlooking the pool, very nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
chris_cy_gm, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments regarding your most recent stay with us. I am very pleased that we were able to meety your expecations. I will most certainly share your comments with the staff. They work very hard to ensure that all of our guests have comfortable and enjoyable stay.

I appreciate your business and I hope we have another opportunity to provide accommodations for you .

American Fork, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We were required to stay here for our soccer tournament (pretty typical) but for some reason, even though we booked with a code for out team they didn't have any record of it and therefore we didn't get the breakfast that they were offering for the other soccer teams.
Like it would have killed them to add us in.

The rooms are the tiniest I have seen, the pool is small and you are not allowed to eat "outside" food in the lobby or pool area. There are a million signs telling you this.

The room is clean and it is close to a lot of restaurants. It's close to the Bettye Wilson soccer complex.

I hope to never stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
chris_cy_gm, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Ms. H,
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay at the Las Vegas Summerlin Courtyard. I’m sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.

Our records indicate that reservations for 2 rooms were made in a different persons name under a 21 day advance purchase rate code and not through our group sales office. The names on those reservations were not changed at check in and I am assuming you were a guest in one of the rooms. The hotel was not aware of your soccer team's arrival because most of the reservations were made the same way, 21 day advance purchase, and no group name was attached to any of the reservations. We had other teams staying during the same dates as your team, that had arranged, through the group sales office, a breakfast included option, at a higher room rate.

Ms. H, I’m sorry that the 2 signs, one in the Lobby and one in the Bistro, offended you. Many teams tend to utilize the hotel lobby, pool area, bistro and public spaces to feed their players with food prepared elsewhere. Unfortunately, our city health permits and liquor licenses are such that hold the property accountable for all food and beverage consumed in public areas.

We have limited meeting space, and if available, we have always done our best to accommodate teams when their representatives have inquired about utilizing them for meetings, etc., even after arrival. I’m sure if the Manager on Duty was informed of your needs, he or she would have done their utmost to find an area for your team to gather during their stay. However, it would have been preferable to have a pre-awareness of your needs to better be able to provide a service level to meet everyone’s expectations.

Thank you again for your comments. I will review them with the property sales team and hotel leadership so that we may find ways to improve.