“Not what I expected”

Ranked #165 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Grover Beach, California
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Where do I start? The good or the bad, how about the good 1) Location, was right in the middle of Fremont St. 2) The pillows, they were perfect 3) the price $30.00 and change

And the bad, everything else, the room was filthy, and I've stayed in some real dumps around the world. What made it worse was I asked the maid if she could wipe the toothpaste off the wall (not mine) after 3 days it was still there, should have told the mgmt but from the looks of the rest of the probably wouldn't have helped. Carpet was filthy, ceiling was disgusting, popcorn ceiling with what looked like 100 years of lint on it?
I know the old saying that "you get what you pay for" but in all honesty this room was not worth $20.00/night
On another note, if you stay here, and want coffee, don't try Dunkin Donuts, $3.00 for an 10/oz cup of pure swill

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Joseph M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sallisaw, OK
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed here back in 2001. We were at Vegas for the New Year's Week, and made the booking in early December. I guess we were lucky to find any place at all for that week. 4 of us shared a double queen room. My main regret is that we didn't take any photos of the place. It was a basic low rent motel, and served our basic need for sleep, shower, and changing. It wasn't a place to sit back and relax. Heavy traffic noise, heavy local pedestrian traffic to and from Fremont. Wasn't so built up or patrolled back then. It was quite an adventure making to walk to the Experience. Always stayed in a group for safety. Room was basically dark and gloomy, with cinder block walls, and basically functional beds, toilet and shower. Recent reviews indicate significant upgrading, but it will never be a 2 star facility.

Still, all being said, our downtown trip in these digs rate as one of the more memorable Vegas adventures we've had. We still laugh at ourselves for staying here, and all our trips are measured against this standard. New management has surely improved this motel, but don't expect much more than a place to stay and maybe sleep a little bit. On the plus side, it would be an excellent low budget room for the dedicated cost saver. Party till you're ready to drop, take the walk from downtown thru the seedier part of Fremont, and pass out. With luck, you'll remember to get inside your room first.

Room Tip: I'm sure there's been improvements in the 12 years since I was there.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank chafraho

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My partner had been warning me about this hotel when he booked us for Bike Week six months earlier. Almost weekly he apologized to me. It is apparently where his group has been staying for years. So off we went and I am happy to report that I was not uncomfortable in the least. The renovations to this hotel has made it quite acceptable and comfortable. It is nothing fancy and pretty basic (No shower caps in freebies so bring your own) but it has a wonderful restaurant in the lobby where food is plentiful and all nite conveniences closeby there are many sites to be seen within walking distance - casinos are there (believe it or not!) and I was forced to gamble and after losing found lots of tacky fun souvenirs for purchase - its a great place to be if you gonna be when in Vegas Baby! Staff is friendly and not pretentious and all in all pretty clean and comfortable

Room Tip: Do not get rooms by the street unless you don't like to sleep! We had nice room although it was...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank browngirl0011
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

From the moment I stepped in the doors of the Fremont Plaza Hotel, I was bowled over with the care, attention, and love I was treated with.

I was helped from my car by a kind bell boy who carried my case from the car into the building, where I was then checked in with ease by the charming receptionist, after which I was helped to my room by the same gentleman who had helped me with my bags in the parking lot.

Upon entering my room I was bowled over by the contemporary decor, with plenty of sunlight flooding in through the bay windows, it was absolutely beautiful. On the floor was the most luxurious pile carpet, the kind of which I have never seen in a hotel before. The kingsize bed has the most devine mattress, duck down duvet, and Egyptian cotton sheets, I absolutely just sunk into them and felt like I was lying in the arms of the angels.

The bathroom had a luxurious wetroom with the finest Crabtree and Evelyn products, of which they were a wide range, and the softest cream complimentary gown and slippers I have ever had the privilege of wearing.

I had a marvellous night's sleep in my room, which was blissfully quiet and undisturbed, I had a magical three day stay and I was very sad to leave, I thoroughly look forward to my return.

Thank you so much to the delightful and hard-working staff, coupled with the care and attention of design of the establishment, which has made for my memorable stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ISawAnAngel
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Husband and I stayed here for the furniture market during January 13. Best location to take shuttle to market center. Service was very compatible to high end hotels on the strip! rooms were clean and comfortable with stylish decor! I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Vegas !

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Lubudmom
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Stayed here for a night. Most of the time I was gambling at their casino, i dont remember ever sleeping in my room though it was ok , took a shower in their ok bathroom. The only reason why I stayed there because I saw their promotion on the internet. The person @ the desk offered me a special discounted rate if I'll extend my stay. Cant do it no more because I gave all my money to the blackjack table the night before.

Room Tip: Close to downtown nightlife, be here by your lonesome not with your family.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Poenix
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My young nieces have been taken for a ride! After checking in tonight, and having to change rooms 3 times due to finding leftover food and thrash in one, stained sheets and pubic hair on the bathroom counter in the next one, and finding cigarette buts on the floor of the non-smoking third room, which by the way, was not supplied with towels, they are needless to say very upset.
They have tried to talk to the clerk who is rude, unfriendly and annoyed with being bothered at his job by paying customers.
Refusing to credit back their credit card, dismissing the request as "not possible"! They are unable to just leave tonight.
He might enjoy taking advantage of two young girls from a foreign country, or he is simply an idiot who does not know how to perform his tasks. We all know, crediting back funds on a credit card is just as easily done as it is to debit a charge.
When they asked him to kindly discount their room, due to not being provided clean, fully equipped rooms, so far, not even after having to change rooms 3 times, he simply responded with further rudeness and accused them of being cheep and and blaming them for expecting to pay less than the full rate. So...yes, they are stuck in this dirty fleabag of a place that shamelessly offers disgusting rooms coupled with rudeness from the staff....at a full rate!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends