Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View
Ranked #165 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Good trip”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Staff is very helpful, rooms are clean and well stocked, location is convenient to strip without having to get into heavy traffic. It would also be convenient to the university. We had a very nice kitchen area that we did use. We stayed in the queen suite because we were in LV for nearly six weeks and really, really liked the setup. We will choose this facility again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Our staff at the Extended Stay America Las Vegas - Valley View takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Im glad our staff was able to assist you and that you found our rooms and location convenient on your trip. Our well equipped kitchens definitely are a big help when it comes to long term guests such as yourself and we are extremely proud of the fact you would definitely visit us again. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels. If I can be of further assistance to you, please contact me directly. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Hutchinson
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was very disappointed in the room. The freezer door didn't shut which allowed the freezer to fill with ice/frost. This plugged the vents between the freezer and refrigerator so the refrigerator stayed at room temperature. We couldn't chill anything. The kitchen was stocked with 1 plate, 1 glass, 2 cups and 2 saucers. Not really ready for 2 people to make it "like home". There were no paper towels, napkins, tissues, etc. The hotel was sold out so we had not opportunity to request a different room.

Room Tip: Check for functioning appliances before you unpack.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kay B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the room was not properly stocked with the proper amount of plates and utensils, and that the freezer wasn't working properly. Clearly, those are mistakes that a guest shouldn't encounter. Going forward please do hesitate to contact the front desk if there are any items missing from your room and that will give us an opportunity to remedy the situation immediately. Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer napkins in the room, however; we do have a kitchen towel and kitchen wash cloth for your use and you are always able to get a fresh set at the desk on an exchange basis as often as you like.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have investigated the issues mentioned in your review to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at dbusch@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We chose this hotel based on our budget + customer reviews. We were very prepared for the short-comings, and overall had a very positive experience, we would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to reasonable people (you are getting more than you pay for with this choice). We came during the week, so were able to have a non-smoking room. There were multiple issues, but all were minor, manageable and resolved to our satisfaction - we were perfectly content with this hotel as a choice, it's location only a few blocks to the strip really was unparalleled, considering we didn't have to pay the $20/$25 per day "resort fee" that the hotels on the strip charge... Having the suite with kitchen saved us on our meals costs, too. We also booked through Priceline. The reservation didn't show up initially, I called ahead twice to confirm the booking, because I didn't want a problem when we arrived in the middle of the night, by the second call, they located our reservation (not sure if it was just a timing issue). PS also, it's hard to see from the photos, but just to let you know there IS a small hot tub as well as a pool - but we didn't have time to use either. Maria that works the night shift was awesome. Thanks Maria!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Kathy - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I was glad to hear that you found your room to be a great value and by utilizing the well equipped kitchen in the room you were able to save on the cost of eating out. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues during you stay; however, I am glad that the staff was able to correct them in a timely fashion.

We are continually working to improve our hotel, so I am happy that you were able to provide us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at lvv@extendedstay.com with any additional questions or concerns.
Huntington Beach
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I arrived before check in time.. They let me in early. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, I have stayed at this property several times before. This was the best stay yet; Room was in good repair and clean. The TVs (2 of them) worked great, what a great low price for a small apartment. I stayed 15 days with no problems or hassles. Overall a really good experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Pete - Thank you for the recent review of your stay. I was very happy to hear that our staff was able to provide you with an early check-in. As well, it is great to know that the staff provided you with such friendly and helpful service. Plus, I am glad that you liked your room overall.

We are very grateful for your feedback as we are continually working to improve our hotel. Should you have additional comments or questions please do not hesitate to contact me at lvv@extendedstay.com
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel has a good location but the rooms are worst than camping out. Everything old, mismatched, soiled, need of repair...kinda like going to Goodwill for a room. Had to take a smoking room that reeked of smoke, had no choice.

Room Tip: Don't expect anything but a room. Go to the casinos
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerardus S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve our guest’s experience. I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations with the appearance and furnishings of our rooms. We are however happy to hear that our location was convenient for you. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience and I am sorry we failed at that mission. I apologize that you were given a smoking room. Extended Stay America does not guarantee room smoking type. We work hard to match all guests with their preference but it is based on availability at the hotel. We are in the process of upgrading most of our rooms with new carpet and vinyl to give the rooms a newer and fresher appeal, so I hope you will give our hotel another chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception.

If I can be of further assistance to you, please contact me directly at lvv@extendedstay.com.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is a great place to stay if you plan on staying in vegas for more than 2 or 3 days. The hotel is very clean, comfortable, and inviting everyone is very friendly. I guarantee you will like this place.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Rob - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. The hotel staff works very hard to provide all guests with clean, comfortable and inviting rooms, so I am glad to hear that we accomplished that mission. I was also happy to hear that you found everyone to be friendly as that is our main goal when interacting with our guests.

Your feedback is very important to us so I thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly at lvv@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another opportunity to provide your with a great experience the next time you're in town.
Northern Colorado
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It was the worse experience I have ever had in a room, and customer service.

We ordered our vacation pkg through Priceline, with our flight tickets. I checked online, looked at the pics, and also read reviews, they looked good, but, I didn't realize that there was more then one of these in Las Vegas. So I booked it expecting it to be nice, clean room. When we got to our room, after carry our bags up a flight stairs to the 2nd floor, the room smell was so bad with stale smoke that I could hardly breathe when I walked in. I even started wheezing, and feeling sick to my stomach.

When we called to say this was not what we were exoecting, and it smelled so horrible that we could hardly stand being in the room, they said they were really sorry, but they were full for the weekend. But to check back the next day. (The parking lot was not full, at all.) Reluctantly, we spend the night, the pillows and bedding reeked so bad that it was horrible! My clothes smelled so bad from just being in the room, it smelled like I was a smoker, and my pajama's reeked so bad from being in the bed, that when I smelled them, I almost threw up.

When we went down the next morning to see if another room had become available, they said that they were really sorry again, but, no, there were no none smoking rooms available. And she added that this is the room the Priceline automatically gives you when you book a vacation through them, so they blamed Priceline! Do they have anything to do with this pkg! Were we not in their care? Unbelievable! She said when housekeeping became available, (they were swamped right now), that they would send them to wash walls, and spray something, and to put a ozone thing in to collect all the bad air, and clean it. We had to be gone out of the room for hours for them to do that. They said they did the air, but, when we came back, it still reeked of smoke, and there was no evidence of housekeeping ever coming to our room for the whole weekend. Our bed was never made, we asked for clean bedding, that they never put on the bed. never checked on our towel situation, had one little sample of coffee, never refilled that, so that we could even make coffee in the room. We had to ask for simple things like soap to wash with, and shampoo. It was the worse experience, and customer service that I have ever had in a room, ever. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: I will never go back! Dirty, reeked of smoke, customer service was lacking in every way. Not even...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelReviews1116
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. Please accept our apologies. In reviewing the circumstances highlighted in your review. It seems that you had a preference for a nonsmoking room but the property only had smoking rooms available. Although we do not guarantee preferences, i.e., smoking or non, floor, which way room faces etc… we do work hard to match each guest up with their desires. Your third party reservation was booked as a smoking room, as that was the only type available. I do understand that on the morning after your arrival you spoke to the general manager who worked to make the room as fresh smelling as she could. She treated the room with an ozone machine and then sprayed the room with air diffusing spray on the Friday morning while you were away from the room. Unfortunately, we did not have any nonsmoking rooms to move you to. I apologize that a room change wasn't an option we had available. You also mentioned a lack of housekeeping. You are correct, all Extended Stay America properties provide housekeeping for stays that are 8 nights or longer. Additional housekeeping is available for a nominal fee of just $10.00 per service. In order to educate guests about our housekeeping procedures, we always explain the housekeeping service verbally at check in, then each guest is given printed info with your keys and finally in the bathroom on the left side of the bath sink will be a plastic stand up card that further explains our housekeeping. It also explains that each day you can bring your used linen to the desk and we will provide fresh linen to you in return, no charge.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at dbusch@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.