“ALL IT NEEDED WAS CLEANING”

Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View
Ranked #157 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“ALL IT NEEDED WAS CLEANING”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The room we had was nice and comfortable. What made the room good was the kitchen facility, it has stove! and some pans and plates!
There were two things, MAJOR thing they need to do: CLEAN THE SOFA BED. CHANGE THE MATTRESS! Please to the people at ESH: Pls take heed of this comment: clean your facilities.
The reception person was nice and helpful and friendly. ALL THEY NEED TO DO IS CLEAN AND CHANGE OLD,WORN OUT THINGS IN THE ROOM.

Room Tip: Bring extra blankets.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gino s
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Gino - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your room overall, especially the kitchen, and the service our staff provided. Still, I am very sorry that the sofa bed and mattress did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that these issues have been addressed with our housekeeping staff and we are working to enhance these offerings moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Pico Rivera
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Outlets in kitchen not functioning. No luggage rack in room. Staff very friendly and helpful. We liked that hotel very close to the orleans arena, we were there for our daughters JAMZ Nationals. Breakfast not kid friendly they need milk n oj maybe cereal.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed our location as well as our friendly, helpful staff. Still, I am sorry to hear that your kitchen outlets were not functioning. I will speak with our maintenance staff to ensure that this issue is properly addressed. As well, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. We will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to improve our breakfast offering.

Thank you again for your review. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve to you in the future.
Alpine, Utah
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I chose to stay at this Extended Stay in a 2 BR suite with a full kitchen for less money than a room at the Rio Suites where the convention I was attending was being held. The room was just average--not plush like a 4 star hotel, but the beds were good, the space was comfortable for 4 or 5, and it was wonderful parking right next to our room rather than walking a mile through a smokey casino. The breakfast provided by the hotel was instant oatmeal, granola bars, packaged muffins and apples and oranges--great to grab and go. We utilized the stove and the full size refrigerator. No dishwasher or disposal, and our sink drained slow, but the hotel staff was very quick to respond to every request. Flat screen TV's in all 3 rooms. Internet wasn't real fast but it worked and was FREE. LARGE closets in the bedrooms and hallway.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your spacious, comfortable room. I am so glad that you enjoyed and took advantage of the fully equipped kitchen. As well, it is great to know that you liked having parking so close by and that our location was ideal.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 9 January 2014

First, I didn't book or pay for this room, so I can't speak to the actual value - but I gather it was quite good. Me, wife and daughter stayed here for about a week. Overall the place suited us nicely - but you have to know what you get and don't get here. First, there is no maid service unless you pay for it separately (I think $10/service but we never did) so keep that in mind when you stay there. You need to keep your own place clean, but that's not really a problem.

Next, as to location, it's just a bit south of the Rio and not far off the Strip at Flamingo. Actually, we didn't spend any time on the Strip anyway. I went to the Rio a couple nights just for a little bit. Mostly the trip was a family get-together as my bro-in-law lives there.

The room itself was great for our needs - 2 queen beds in a separate room from the front room, which has a couch (probably a fold-out but our daughter preferred to sleep in it as a couch anyway). Bathroom was standard - maybe a little substandard but adequate and not dirty. Had a full size fridge and stove in the outer room too - didn't use it much but we stored Milk, water and soda in there which was convenient. Expect to make a trip to the grocery store, though they have basic kitchenware (we opted to buy disposable cups/bowls - and also bought toilet paper and paper towels for our stay. TP runs out quick so good to have some on hand).

The area is a bit deserted but didn't seem dangerous or anything like that. The room upstairs must have had a kid because during the day we could hear him romping about annoyingly, but it stopped at night time so it didn't really disturb us. We had no interaction with the staff at all, so I can't say good or bad about them.

All in all, a good choice if this sort of room is your style. It's no Hilton, but you won't feel cheated either. Need to have a rental car though to get around - I wouldn't stay here without one.

Room Tip: No real tips for good rooms - choose one without kids above you maybe? Noise wasn't an issue th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about your week long stay with us suiting you nicely. At each of our locations, we only offer a once a week housekeeping service, but do provide the additional service for a fee of $10.00.

I'm happy to hear that the Rio, being very close to us, worked to your advantage for a bit, being as it is walking distance as well. Our two bedroom suite comes with a well equipped kitchen that includes a coffee maker, toaster, eating utensils for two, cooking utensils, and as you saw a full size refrigerator. In addition to you buying towels and toilet paper during your stay, I just wanted to let you know our rooms do come with three sets of towels and additional toilet paper can always be provided at the front desk. The two seat couch in the living room does indeed pull out into a bed and sheets are provided at the front desk upon request as well.

We are sorry to hear that you had a noise issue with the unit above you. Please notify the front desk if you ever find yourself in such a situation again. We would be more than happy to address the noise, not only to make your stay more comfortable, but the stay of our other guests as well.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future. Thank you.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Photos are nicer than the property presents itself, very bare bones. The last straw was to find how slow the advertised free wifi was only to be presented with an upgrade speed at considerable cost. Decent location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank RonSPDX503
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations and that our free Wi-Fi was not fast enough for your needs. Please know, our staff is working to enhance our offerings for our guests to enjoy moving forward. As well, our Wi-Fi is free with an optional upgrade to a faster speed. This is communicated to our guests at check-in and in their rooms. I am sorry if this message was not conveyed to you properly and will work with the staff to ensure it is done so better in the future.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at LVV@extendedstay.com.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I leave next week.
As you all know I do travel nursing night shift in ICU. I want to tell you all this is a perfect location right on Flamingo. The 202East bus will take you to the Strip in 5 min.
Stay here. It is clean, it is close to good Hotels and you don't need a car. The bus takes you everywhere. I have to say I have walked, ate right and was down 14 lbs before arriving here in Vegas and dropped another 25. I have a Players card from The Palms and The Rio Hotel. With the cards which are free I eat for far less and the food is great and healthy!
I sleep well in this Ext Stay. The front desk is wonderful! It is well manned, if there is anything needed in the room it is done immediately. They have a nice assortment of light foods for Breakfast and hot tea and coffee. The price for the room is unbeatable and the beds are more comfortable than on the Strip. If it wasn't a great deal with comfort I wouldn't have stayed the whole 13 week contract.
I rate this 10/10 so get a good deal for your flight, stay here and meet the nicest and most helpful staff in Vegas. They made my stay so nice and I really value how easy it was to get around. The best thing was I bought a cart at Food4less down the street and could bring my food right inside and you have a full size fridge, 4 burner stove top and microwave. They have cookware, all the things you need to function. I just bought a pan I preferred but that was my thing lol!
This place will make it possible for you to go to Vegas more than once a year. The Strip's prices are ridiculous!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank stacyvolin
Woodland Park, Colorado
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Staff is very helpful, rooms are clean and well stocked, location is convenient to strip without having to get into heavy traffic. It would also be convenient to the university. We had a very nice kitchen area that we did use. We stayed in the queen suite because we were in LV for nearly six weeks and really, really liked the setup. We will choose this facility again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Our staff at the Extended Stay America Las Vegas - Valley View takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Im glad our staff was able to assist you and that you found our rooms and location convenient on your trip. Our well equipped kitchens definitely are a big help when it comes to long term guests such as yourself and we are extremely proud of the fact you would definitely visit us again. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels. If I can be of further assistance to you, please contact me directly. Thank you.