“Love to go there when I am in Vegas”

Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
Ranked #78 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
New Jersey
“Love to go there when I am in Vegas”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The hotel decor is old. I have been there numerous times and I haven't won once from gambling there yet. But I like it there and I go there each time I am in Vegas.

Why?

The service is excellent: very friendly staff and great customer service. The comp is good too. The first time I played there they comp-ed me 20 dollars for dinner.

Food is surprisingly good there. Ping Pang Pong serves authentic Chinese dishes and the food is delicious! Their prices are as good as in any restaurant in Chinatown. They also have Dim Sum. The Noodle exchange has the best mini hot pot that I have ever had. I don't know what they put in the broth but it's fantastic! If you like shabu hotpot dinner, it is one not to be missed! TGI Friday is a 24 hour operation and their steak and lobster dinner is only 13 dollars and change. However, I think you can only get that price before 6pm.

The room looked old but comfortable. We could use the pool and the gym for free.

Live Latin (Salsa) band plays on Saturday night. 10 dollars admission includes a free drink. Sunday you can go social dancing upstairs on the second floor.

Gaming is 5 dollars a bet. Lots of play time for the money.

All in all, it's bargain going there and I always have a good time.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank CWolf1096

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
UK
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We used this hotel twice on the same vacation simply as a place to lay our heads while passing though Las Vegas. When you consider the price (£35 and £21) for a double room with king size bed and en suite, this was a perfect choice. Food at TGI Friday was good and the pool looked inviting. It was only a two minute walk, so what are people moaning about? Staff very helpful and friendly.

Perhaps the decor is a bit tired, but what on earth do people want for these prices??

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank stevemof
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Hotel was not the most beautiful but everything was convenient.
Buses to the strip, chinese food just like home, people were extremely nice
The slots were plentiful and of great variety
If you do not like crowds, this is a nice place to be and close enough to actually see the strip at night.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank etlive
Silicon Valley, Ca
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed for 3 nights while my spouse attended a computer hackers convention next door at the Rio. The hotel was clean, the room had european bedding and a flat screen tv, and a view of the Luxor. TGIFridays was inexpensive and good, the buffet was excellent at breakfast and lunch, and best of all the price was right: $200 total for Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights. I loved being off the Strip and away from the hordes of tourists. Maybe not for the Young and Restless but just fine for us.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank svwriter2
Honolulu
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I would give this place 1 star if not for the dealers being so nice. The front desk person was terrible with a disgruntled attitude and no customer service skills. Our family of 5 arrived on a Monday evening and was told that they had canceled our reservation for 2 rooms - I had the printed confirmation in my hand to show the front desk person. She told me they had no more rooms available - unbelievable! The place was empty as this was a Monday night at an off the strip hotel. When I expressed my displeasure and wanted to see a manager, she said that no manager was available until the next morning - unbelievable! When I asked her what my options were, she said the best that she could do was give me 1 non-smoking room and 1 smoking room, on different floors - she told me earlier no more rooms were available. When I asked if she had rooms on the same floor, she became agitated and told me that is the best she could do and that my choice was to take it or go somewhere else - I took it because we had 2 tired children with us after a long plane ride. To her credit, she told me she would honor the room price on my confirmation. Guess what, when I went to check-out, the price was higher than my confirmed price - so another round of challenges to get it right. Good things about the hotel - the dealers are friendly and the Chinese restaurant Ping Pang Pong has decent food for Vegas. Stay at the Orleans or downtown rather than here if you want to stay off the strip.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 808choosytraveler
New Philadelphia
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Stayed at Gold Coast for 2 days in June. We were met with a warm greeting at check in and
this seemed to carry through the entire stay. The pool was not overly large but very nice. The prices of refreshments at the pool were very reasonable. The food at the buffet was good and once again the price was outstanding. I would recommend the Gold Coast to anyone who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of the strip. They do run their own shuttles to the strip just in case you do want to wander on over. The room was very clean and modern the bathroom was adequate although no tub but a nice walk in shower.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skitahoe46
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We got a great deal staying here for a family trip. The rooms were fine.
I liked this place because it has something to offer everyone in the family, of all ages. This place had Bingo so grandma was happy (and I was too. I never get to play bingo!). There was a poker tournament going on for the serious gamblers. Then there was the regular tables for novices like me. Since this is off the strip, we heard that dealers do some of their training at places like this. So they were beginners too and it was no pressure. Just fun.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family