“Nice Room”

Ranked #82 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Springdale, Utah
“Nice Room”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We visit Las Vegas about twice a year and stay at the Gold Coast. The rooms are very clean and check in is always quick. We also like the Bingo room. Friendly staff. Close to the strip and freeway. We will stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very nice hotel to stay at when having to bring children to Las Vegas. We were there for the U.S. National cheer competition and had our 9 year old son and 13 year old daughter. It is just off the strip - so it is quiet and the casino is not very crowded during the day and evening. We are from a "No Smoking" State - so it was nice the the smoking was kept to a minium. Very nice pool. Staff was freindly. The rooms were smaller than we were are used to & they ran out of fridges by the time we checked in. House cleaning was exceptional. The choices of places to eat was good. The best being The Red Zone Bar & Grill. Great food and great prices. I liked that the wait staff wore modest uniforms in comparison to some of the other Casino's we had to travel thru. If we ever have to go to Vegas we would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have the extra money - upgrade to a suite. We were on the 8th floor and it was very quiet but...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nikki B
Bellingham
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when staying here. The rooms were really nice, very clean, beds super comfy. We used room service for our breakfast most mornings and it was very reasonable. The Ping Pang Pong restaurant here was delicious! We used the free shuttle to the strip which worked really well and was a really nice shuttle bus. one thing that surprised us about this hotel is that we had a great view of the strip, we could see Luxor, Excalibur, New York New York, and Mandalay Bay from our window. This was pretty cool as I've always stayed on the strip and never had a view of anything other than an alley or a wall. We would definitely stay here again without hesitation. Oh and did I mention the price? Can't be beat.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Although we didn't stay at this hotel we did eat at one of its restaurants ping pang pong. Not far from the entrance to the casino. Delicious Chinese food quick service, and cheap, value for money we even had leftovers we could take away. Not close to the strip but if you have a car and enjoy Chinese cuisine well worth the visit.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patty D
Nebraska
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Love open lay out of this casino.. Set back behind Caesars palace.. But close to attractions.. They have complimentary shuttle that runs to the Orleans then drops off on strip.. Only negative is last shuttle runs at midnight.. U might have to taxi from strip if you are out late.. My rooms were complimentary and was hardly in them.. If you are lookin for luxury rooms and are hanging out in there a lot.. They aren't the fanciest... But nice and clean . The bathroom had a sliding door which was hard for privacy if you are sharing room with other people. If u sign up for their bconnected card at checkin.... U can get buffet for like $6 bucks if u use your card to pay .. Your dining points are double.. I enjoyed gambling here and points added up fast., I never payed for a buffet.. The whole time.. And whether I wanted to eat a lot or just some fruit.. It was free and buffet was fantastic!!! So I used it.. Plus I think you get free $10 in play for signing up.. The bconnected card also works at the Orleans.. I went here on shuttle and was also fun.. For staying here once .. I've already received free rooms at both places several times in mail.. And would stay again for a quick cheap trip.. My whole trip with free rooms and luggage and airfare from Nebraska was $180.00 ! For 3 nights.. Can't go wrong.. Also we went during week . We used the 2 free nights and paid 35.00 bucks for 3 rd night and shared that between 3 people.. We didn't have to pay resort fee on 2 comp nights and it was only 9 bucks for the night we bought.. If ur lookin for cheap clean place to stay .. I recommend staying here....

Room Tip: Nice cheap hotel off strip
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Laura D
Aptos, California
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel building is very dated, but they've updated the rooms. In some ways it's a bit odd, like the sliding door to the bathroom. The elevators are slow, but there aren't that many floors, so that's okay.

The best parking is a bit of a hike to the rooms. They also hit you up for the dreaded "resort fee" which covers, among other things, the free parking.

Location isn't bad, across wide streets are the Rio and the Palms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Arcadia, California
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Growing up in Vegas and frequenting the Gold Coast 20+ years ago, it was a bit nostalgic to go back and get married there as a destination wedding. The catering department there is AMAZING!!! They were very helpful with the planning of the ceremony and reception for 200+ guests. I was able to get in the venues early to decorate and setup.

I was fortunate enough to get a 2 bedroom suite on the 10th floor and I loved it! Although there was no view, it didn't matter, since the room very was spacious and I was able to get some good sleep before the wedding! The most people we had in the room at one time was 13, and there was still plenty of room. I was comfortable having my guests stay at the Gold Coast when I learned the rooms were redone, one of my coworkers stayed there before the wedding and sent me pictures of the room and how they looked remodeled. I went to one of the rooms on the first floor - where the entire wedding party and my guests stayed - and the rooms were nice and very modern looking. All my guests were happy with the accommodations. I would definitely recommend if you want to stay at hotel away from the chaos of being on the strip and no traffic.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family