“Primo location, great hotel”

Golden Nugget Hotel
Ranked #91 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 10 May 2013

First time doing an extended stay at the Nug, very impressed. There was 12 of us on a golf trip and stayed 4 nights in the Gold Tower. The rooms were clean and comfortable, lots of space and the Gold tower is close to pool and getting to and from the parking garage. The best part of staying downtown is the ability to go from casino to casino and during the weekend lots of action of all kinds on freemont, bands, booze....lovely ladies. A must at the Nug is eating at Vic & Anthony's, best steak house in Vegas, very pricey and worth every penny along with very attentive service. The buffet is great, can't beat a $11 breakfast and wide selection of items, dinner buffet was great as well
TIP: If drinking by the pool and charging to the room they want to see a picture ID
TIP:When checking in If you have a Landry's select card and not on a specilal rate or package already, you can request a room upgrade, the card also gives you points at Vic & Anthony's and Chart House, also in the Nug

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Traveller13Calgary

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We have been to Las Vegas on a number of occasions, we had always stayed on the strip, we decided to spend a couple of nights at the Golden Nugget before we moved on to Hawaii.
From start to finish our stay was great.
Our Rush Tower Corner Suite was really nice, it had modern furnishings and compares favourably with other hotels we had stayed at.
I love the general friendly feeling around the hotel, lovely staff.
The swimming pool is heated but beds are a bit cramped.
I will return, really loved it there.
We had buffet breakfast and lunch during our stay they were really good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jbw431
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed here for the last part of an organised tour that took in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Laughlin. The hotel is downtown on the Fremont Experience, quite a way from the Strip. There is however a good bus service ($8 for a day pass, $20 for 3 days) but it does take quite a while to get to the Strip. Rooms were clean and comfortable but there is a $12.99 daily charge for wifi. The area around the hotel is "loud". Lots of people partying from early morning to late at night but rooms on the upper floor were quiet. Lots of shops and restaurants to choose from. The GN Buffet restaurant was good value especially if you use the buy one get one free coupon. The casino area was very busy with gamblers/drinkers but I was surprised that smoking is still allowed in most areas causing discomfort to us non-smokers. Although I enjoyed my time here, if I go to Vegas again I will pay extra and stay in a hotel on the Strip.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed here for the first time over a weekend. My family had two connecting rooms in the Gold Tower, which was the North Tower. We had the VIP check-in and access but never really needed the line pass. The elevator situation is not great for this tower. It seemed that only 3 of them were working and the wait was considerable the entire time. The room was fairly nice but if the air conditioning isn't running the room gets stuffy quickly. The bed was comfortable and the toiletries were nice. The gym and spa were excellent and were not very busy the entire weekend. The cardio room is well stocked with water and towels. The weight room is similar but it is a little cramped. We had breakfast at the cafe and the buffet. The buffet is much better and so is the service. It is comparable to buffets on the strip. The cafe is par for the course for downtown. This really is the nicest place downtown by far and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2013

In April 2013 I was on my way to Zion National Park to do some hiking. I had planned to stay in Las Vegas for a couple of nights before renting a car and driving to the park.
Browsing the internet I came across a great rate of $59 per night at the Golden Nugget.
My flight wasn't scheduled to get in until late in the evening, so at this price I was prepared for a very mediocre room at best.
Much to my surprise, when I checked in I was told that I had been upgraded to a refurbished room in the tower.
The room was excellent. It seemed very new. The lighting and furnishing was very tastefully done. The bathroom was 5-star quality. The bed was very comfortable.
The front desk continued to be helpful throughout my two night stay. The hotel staff had a great attitude towards guests.
On checking out I braced myself for some hidden charge, but there wasn't one. My bill matched exactly what I had been quoted on-line.
It was one hell-of-a deal.

Footnote:
The hotel has an outdoor pool area if you are into sunbathing
There is a MacDonalds within walking distance of the hotel.
The hotel charges for WIFI but I think you can find free WIFI access closeby, possibly at Starbucks.

Room Tip: 1.Try to negotiate a free upgrade to a room in the refurbished tower section if the hotel isn't...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I want a fair price, good location, comfy bed, clean room and a good pool when i'm in Vegas. Golden Nugget was perfect for all that. Stayed in Carson Tower on budget as this was just a quick, cheap trip from Portland, OR to get some sun. I was perfectly happy. I did do the $25 VIP check in. No wait to check in or out. Water, juice and peanuts/m&m's anytime you want in the VIP lounge, until 11pm. Guarantees your room request and gets you VIP passes for buffet and such-which we didn't use. You've already been warned about water and kcups and internet, so, ya know, be prepared. Walk from Carson to casino was not too far to me, especially seeing some of the large casinos on the strip. In a minute we were on the floor. Plus, away from Fremont = quiet! Pool is super crowded. If you're an adult w/o kids who wants to relax by the pool finding your way to the upper decks is where it's at. $20 to reserve a lounger for the day, which I didn't do, but might next time. Fun people, much smaller area to hang out it and meet other travellers. Towards the early evening we were able to hang out there by buying a few drinks, which we were planning on doing anyway. I drank a beer and watched baseball from the pool, yes! The adult pool is open until 2am, so go on up for an evening swim. The water slide was fun!!! I'm 42 and went down it multiple times with all the kids. Carson cafe was adequate for breakfast, friendly staff. All other food we ate was off site. This is a fun, lively hotel. I would totally go back! East Fremont is being revitalized with some pretty neat bars and restaurants, more of a hip, community vibe getting started down there, check it out! And walked to the Mob Museum, which I loved!

Room Tip: Carson Tower was not fancy, but completely acceptable and quiet. Quiet. We were on the 8th floor...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank LKS11
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was staying at the hotel for a few days while on a business trip. I was impressed with the size of the room and the amenities. It took a long time to check in because there was only one clerk and she did not seem to be in a hurry. You also have to wait on hold for a while when you are trying to reach the reception desk. One thing to remember about this hotel, is it is right on Fremont St and the party goes into the night. If you'd like to sleep at night before your workday tomorrow, you may want to consider asking for a room on "the quiet side" of the hotel - on the opposite side from the street. Some of my coworkers said the front desk asked them what side they wanted to be on when they were checking in. My husband and I weren't offered that option and the noise was unlike anything we've ever heard. The hotel has spacious meeting rooms and they also serve good food.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep at night, ask for a room on the 'quiet side'.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business