“VIP Spa Tower Suite”

Ranked #89 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Antonio, Texas
“VIP Spa Tower Suite”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was my first experience staying at the GN. I checked in at 1:00 pm local time at the VIP desk. My room was ready and available. For those of you (especially couples) who wish to experience a lavish room with all the amenities, you cannot go wrong with the 1 Bedroom Spa Suites (two floors of heaven). They are expensive (rates go up as the week draws closer to weekend) but not out of this world expensive. The Spa Tower is right around the corner from check-in and feeds right into the casino. Obviously these 2 story suites include the amenities (free) that the Carson Tower rooms charge you for (Keurig coffee K-cups, Fiji Water, & WIFI). BTW, the Rush tower rooms also include these for free. The room was outstanding. Housekeeping was exceptional. Nightly turn down service was a bonus. Of course I tipped for each of these services daily. I had a pool view (my request) instead of the Fremont Street View (less noise on pool side). These rooms are also only accessible, in the elevator, with a room key.

The Casino is spacious and the slots (namely video poker) do pay out quite often. The table games are plentiful but the minimums are $10. Dining is very reasonable although I chose to walk down Fremont (past the 4 Queens) to the Walgreens store and purchase some snacks and drinks there as my room also contained a refrigerator with ice machine. I did order room service once and was extremely pleased. Filet Mignon 8oz, mashed potatoes, vegetables, rolls, etc... for $37.

The Workout facilities are also included as an amenity with these rooms. I did not use the Spa facility or their services but heard from several folks that they were very pleased with them.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel very much. I do recommend that you do your own research thoroughly as this make your stay so much more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Spa Tower Suites are the way to go (especially for couples) if you can afford them.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dm11968

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,831)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I booked my room for the Carson Tower and was able to upgrade to the Rush Tower. It was SO NICE! I don't think I'll ever be able to stay in the Carson Tower again. I absolutely loved the bathrooms... I know, a weird thing to like, but it was so clean and spacious. The service was excellent and you could tell everyone was there to help. When we got off the elevator to get to our room, there was cand, fruit, and waters that we could help our selves to... boy, did I feel special. Our upgraded room had a beautiul view of the strip from afar. When we left to go stay at the strip, I was a little bummed to leave. Didn't get a chance to check out the pool because we were so busy, but I did play some blackjack at their outside table. It was really nice and the dealer was very sweet... even though she took all of my money ;)

Room Tip: The Rush Tower on the top 3 floors is absolutely beautiful... strongly recommended.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarawoertink
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you want a change from the craziness and size of the strip why not enjoy the Fremont Experience!
I've only stayed here twice but there was a difference between the first and last time. First time we had a standard Carson Tower room with two queens. It was nice and simple and in good shape.
Well now I've stayed here again and in the same standard Carson Tower room with two queens. This was not the exact room as before but this type of room is definitely showing it's age. Shabby furniture that was knicked everywhere, a toilet that kept plugging and the shower didn't drain very well. The washroom issues kinda bugged me but I got over it.

I am coming back here for one night at the end of August 2013 and will update again then!

The casino was great but the slots were very tight.

Pool - crowded with floating beer cans. Does no one have any courtesy anymore? The crowd here was less than courteous and clearly had a lack of common sense to pick up after themselves. It somewhat ruined the experience but then again, I was only here for one night so I got over it and headed back to the Venetian where I belong.

I will stay here again, maybe, but we will have to see what other options are around at that time. One night on Fremont is fine but I would not stay here for more than that.

Room Tip: Upgrade from the Carson rooms. They are not very nice anymore.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place is so beautiful on the inside and out! This was my first time to Las Vagas and I have to say I was overwhelmed. The Golden Nugget was a very cool place in my book, from the casino to the pool, the places to eat to the design of the place itself. The Hotel rooms, at least the one I stayed in, were very spacious and comfy but no view whatsoever, but who comes to Vagas to look out of their hotel windows? I didn't win Jack Crap here but not many people do win when they gamble so I'm OK with that. Bottom line is that I would recommend this place to just about anyone because it is a cool place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We spent there 10nights. Rooms are very comfortable, big, with high quality fixture and fittings. Buffet viriety was huge , everything fresh and clean.Cazino had big variety of games.''Deal'' was one of my favourites. Next time i ll visit vegas i ll stay there for sure. The only problem is the sound from freemont street.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was our first time in Vegas.
We liked:
The Shark tank and the pool area.
Fremont street and the downtown area
the quality of the food at the buffet (cheap with discount vouchers)

We are disappointed by
the lack of friendlyness of the personel
the small size of the so called queensize beds (Carson tower)
the WIFI charge

Room Tip: If you plan a one time visit to Las Vegas, I'd recommend chosing an hotel at the Strip
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have gone to the nugget 3 times in the last year.The slots are the main reason i keep coming back.Good points;1 freemont street 8 till midnight.2 pool area is really nice!! 3 slots are fairly loose if you are patient.BAD; 1 after 1 am stay in your hotel.2 do not go off the old strip and explore.3 food i pricey,I EAT AT FREEMONT HOTEL.

Room Tip: have had no problem with any of the rooms but ask to get a pool view !
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family