“Another great trip to the Nugget”

Golden Nugget Hotel
Ranked #89 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ardrossan AB
“Another great trip to the Nugget”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We took my parents to Vegas from Aug 16 to Aug 19th. We rented VIP rooms on the 16th floor of the Gold tower. Check in was a breeze, went straight to the VIP lounge. Our rooms were on the 16th floor beside each other which was good. Our luggage made it to our rooms in 10min. The room was nice, roomy, and clean. Everything worked good and the bed was real comforatable. The free coffee in the AM at the elevators was nice beats running to Starbucks on the casino floor. The staff were great we got my mom a wheel chair, and all our questions at the door and from reception was good. All the staff were great. I rented a car and had no issues as some reviews had parking. We would come back to the hotel around 4PM and Valet park, no problem, but we were early. I played at the tables and the dealers were good and freindly. The slots are tight never won playing them. We ate 1 dinner at the buffet, it was so,so had better but a fairly good selection didnt go away hungry. We got the buffet as a package to Gordie Brown show. He was fantastic. Highly recomend the show and handy as well all in the Hotel, then roam onto Freemont after. We had no issues on Freemont with people after us for cash, Yes there are folks with signs asking for cash but they never bothered anyone. The band at night were great and fun to people watch, Freemont is cheap, compared to the strip, and had a blast!! Took a trip to the Dam and a drive threw Red Rock canyon was a nice time. Also went to see Pawn Stars and Ricks Restoration shops was cool to see. Saturday night we adventured down to the strip. It was Packed big time, hardly walk packed. It was OK but the prices are a bit more for stuff (beer) was 3$ more per. I expected to pay more, so wasnt shocked. I still enjoy Freemont less people and more free things to see.

Cons: The pool is what it is I guess. I could have got a chair (by 9am Im up early) but why I dont want to sit on someone elses lap all day. Way to many people for me and couldnt imagine what the water look like for clean?? Everyone drinking beer and kids on the pop. You can figure it out for your self! I watched them clean the lounge chairs in the pool one morning early, they wiped the chair down with a rag with it in the water? Where is the dirt going?? I stayed away from the pool.

Other then that I enjoyed our stay was good and will return to vegas next year and will be in the VIP rooms again. I think it was worth the money.

Room Tip: Worth the extra fo rthe VIP rooms on the 16th and 17th floors of the gold tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,904)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Corpus Christi
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I've stayed in the Rush Tower before and appreciated the room decor. All okay. But last night I was assigned a room on the side overlooking the Fremont St. "experience". Beginning at 8PM the noise was deafening and did not let up until after midnight. The only solution the front desk could provide --- earplugs!
The Golden Nugget has gone downhill over the last several years. Everything costs extra! You want a room on the strip side away from the noise? Pay $25 for VIP checkin. You want coffee in the room? Pay $10 for 4 Keureg cups. And now the towels are starting to look like and smell like the rags they provide in the "Carson Tower" less-expensive side. This is it --- no more!

Room Tip: Avoid the place. There are too many good hotels in Las Vegas to settle for this.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven D E
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

This casino has it all. The pool is awesome ,with a swim up shark tank its like no other hotel/casino in Las Vegas. The rooms are clean comfortable and affordable . Also with a Starbucks on the property one will never get sleepy. The nicest hotel on the Freemont strip.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank efam22
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed a couple of nights in the Carson Tower, which while less 'swanky' than the Rush Tower was still fine for us - outdated carpet or not. Despite the long walks to the elevators (we are perhaps unused to such massive hotels) it's easy to get to the downstairs Starbucks or over the road to the car park, and you don't have to traverse the casino if that's not your thing. The pool is a bit small for the number of guests however, probably because the admittedly impressive shark tank in the centre takes up all the room.
Parking is free, but nothing else is - wifi was thirteen dollars for 24 hours (!) and wasn't particularly fast, and it was seven dollars for the bottle of water left in the room for you. Possibly just the Vegas effect.
The bus to the Strip is a short walk away down Fremont, and we used this both nights as the immediate area just feels tacky after you've been to the Strip. My advice is to get the express bus, not the deuce as it stops everywhere and takes much longer.
Not a bad hotel at all, though next time we'd probably stay on the Strip in order to spend less time on the buses.

Room Tip: Try asking for one near the elevators!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

The only advice is for the pool. You have to get out there by 930 or sooner if you want a place to sit. The shark tank pool is super fun.
From the room to Starbucks and the pool is a quick walk, and you don't have to go through the casino at all.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Goldribbontraining
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

If I stay downtown in Vegas, i stay at the Nugget. the Rush Tower rooms are newer and nicer, but if you are like me, and just want a place to shower and sleep, the Carson tower rooms are quite nice. I've always got a very nice room here, except for the last time. It seemed like a fluke though, and was unlike all my other experiences at the GN. I'll update or add another review when i've visited again, I am going at the end of this month. Aug 2013

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CindyPendley
Toronto
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our Rush Tower deluxe room was incredible: huge, tastefully decorated, and exceptionally comfortable. The mattress was a dream. The bathroom had a double sink and soaker tub and real (body sized) bath towels. The room easily rivals those of the Palazzo, Bellagio and Caesars (Augustus tower) as one of the best in Vegas.
Unfortunately, service was as poor as the room was excellent. The gentleman who checked us in was unfriendly to the point of seeming hostile. He also failed to give us our coupon book and when I went to get it from him later, he thrust it at me wordlessly. Checking out in the room I noticed an erroneous charge, so I had to go to the desk. The woman was very pleasant and helpful, but at 11 am (check out time) she was working alone. Our wait was much longer than should have been necessary.
Like for other reviewers, the pool was a disappointment for us: lounges are packed together so tightly that you cannot move without touching the person beside you (for some this may be a plus, but I don't need to rub against a stranger for a thrill).
Finally, on a Friday night, the music and noise from Fremont made sleep initially impossible.
Great room but not a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple