“Great location & great room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Nugget Hotel

Golden Nugget Hotel
Ranked #85 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Red Deer, Canada
“Great location & great room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is in a fabulous location especially if gambling is not a priority. Stayed in the Rush Tower which was modern, super clean and quiet. Nice pool areas which do get busy early. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Couple of minutes walk from Deuce & Express bus stops which takes your to strip and shopping outlets. This hotel would be my first choice when visiting again!

Room Tip: Depending on what room you booked, check for upgrades upon check-in.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Sarah D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,733)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
barrie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at the GN Rush tower beginning of July to celebrate my 50th. forgot about it being the July 4th weekend but it was still okay. They took real good care of us the italian restaurant is fanatastic ate at the queens (mongolians) quite a bit the owner used to live at Jane and finch area like the downtown action only thing you can no longer buy cheap beer in the stores and drink it on the street. Have to use plastic glasess and purchase from the casino. They all seem to have a bar on freemont street now I guess they dont want to lose the extra money when times are tough

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
3 Thank jaguarBarrie
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Golden Nugget in the Rush Tower for 1 night this last week. The room was very reasonably priced (especially for Vegas) and was very nice. The Rush Tower seems to be the more updated of all the rooms at the Golden Nugget. Check in was very easy, and the hotel did not seem too crowded (except for when we walked by the pool the next day). The room was nice and modern. Easy access to the rest of Freemont Street. I would stay here again, especially for the price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
2 Thank Duvey711
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Golden Nugget dozens of times over the years, most frequently in the less expensive, Carson tower. The Carson tower rooms are very good-far better than most of the other downtown hotel choices.

This time I treated myself to a junior suite in the Rush tower which is still pretty new (3-4years old?). The room was very spacious, very comfortable and reasonably upscale. Even on the 11th floor there was some late night noise from Fremont street-otherwise my only complaint was that the room was still too dark even with every single light turned on.

I will certainly book here again-but I'll bring a flashlight with me in case I want to read while sitting in one of the comfortable arm chairs!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank dangerFlorida
minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just got back from staying at the Golden Nugget. It was my first time at the old part of Vegas, Freemont Street. The room was okay, with the staff being very friendly. I could complain about small things like non-smoking room and it stunk like smoke...a/c leaked water into the carpet in front of it...(Which was quickly attempted at cleaning) (Room 956 Carson) we rented a cabana for one day....(ouch $275.00 and then bottle service for $225.00) I found the bucket of beer to be the best value. The next day we rented chairs up at the 3rd level bar. I found this to be more fun with a older drinking vibe going on. ($25.00 each)Finally on the next day we just sat at some open lounge chairs...(drink minimum controlled by wait staff..$25.00 ) Free chairs to sun bathe are available but first come first served and a beach towel laid down means hands off. We never got up early enough to take advantage of that, since it was our youngest daughters 21st birthday. Most of my Vegas experience's have been on the strip so there is a big difference in walking Freemont Street. We did this once and now I can say I have been there. Things to watch out for..
The pool and the above mentioned experience's. We were fine with it, but some families may find this irritating.
Boarding passes to print out..it will cost you since business area is handled by an 'outside' service. My daughter and I sat down to the two terminals. Asks for a credit card. $5.00 minimum
is mentioned before beginning. Sure that's fine since we were under the impression this was a quick cheap option. I was going to upgrade my seat on the return flight but soon realized that I was being charged a penny a second while online. So I tried to finish as quickly as possible. Then it was $1.50 per sheet. Two sheets...and while the computer or printer is 'thinking' that money clock still keeps churning. $18.00 for 2 boarding passes. My daughter didn't fair as well as her printer broke with a paper jam. There is no one to fix it and the money clock still keeps churning. We finally had to exit without the boarding pass. BUT the nice guy at the nearby luggage area printed out for free, and we called the 'service' and hopefully will get a credit.
If your going to Vegas on the cheap and get a Freemont type hotel and no car....like we did...but found the places you wanted to see were on the strip. Taxi rides killed us. $30-50 per ride.
OUR FAULT. we didn't think we needed a car. I don't gamble so entertainment options in old Vegas were limited. Unless you wanted to take a picture on Freemont Street with naked blonde's
or cowboys. Families beware. Not that the strip is any better.
Things seen on our trip:
Chris Angel Believe at the Luxor....not a fan so it was average for me. Sorry Chris.($100.00each)
Michael Jackson One at Mandalay Bay...Not a fan but loved it, sound was great and visuals very good. (Spendy though..we paid $150.00each)
Titanic Experience. I saw this when it went through our local town, but seemed like more things were added. Try and find a coupon. We paid $30.00each I liked the big piece, but other items seemed to personal to me to be on display. Its not like it was an ancient culture, but yes an horrible event.
The V Variety Show at Planet Hollywood was interesting. I liked it. Saw some magic, balancing act and comedy. ($50.00 each with a coupon in a Vegas magazine.)
We will be going back for work in November and staying at Aria. I can say that Freemont Street was not my cup of tea. There is a newer hotel called THE "D" that might be checking out. seemed currently upgraded?

Room Tip: We stayed in the Carson Tower.??
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
3 Thank dlsnfl
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Super nice hotel with the best location. Step outside of hotel and you have Fremount street. Best action in Vegas. Very friendly staff. Better hotel then any on the strip. You can even walk to the pawn stars pawn shop. Has one of the best steak houses in North America. Lots of live music. A wonderful experience. Will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank chingolin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the nugget and the experience was great!! The rooms were not the best but they would satisfy most people!! The service is great!! We have stayed on the strip multiple times and have had good experiences but the free entertainment and the reasonable prices of meals, on Fremont St., were outstanding!! All the casinos were very customer friendly and had great service(on Fremont St.). Next time we go to Vegas we will definitely stay at the Nugget!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a Fremont st view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple