Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino
US$206
US$144
Agoda.com
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$117
US$355
US$259
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$110
  • Restaurant
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$159
Travelocity
  • Pool
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$208
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$135
US$58
US$21
11,544 results
All reviewsrush towercarson towershark tankgold towerfremont streetchart houseclaim jumperstay downtownred sushigold club roomfremont experiencedowntown vegaslight showk cupsold vegaspool areacoupon book
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We stayed there in September 2008 for 2 nights. As we stayed at the beginning of the week, we had a great rate. The room was spacious and very clean. We also had breakfast at the hotel and enjoyed it a lot. Good choice and good food quality. The pool, with the slope and “tank” were just great.
If you do not “need” to be on the strip, I would really recommend this hotel

Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AnonymMunich
Reviewed 15 May 2009

I've stayed at a salon suite during CES each of the last three years. What an incredible room. It can be pretty pricey most times, but I guess because of the bad econemy I was able to get it at a very decent price this past January. Beautiful decked out two story suites, the first night you'll want to just hang out in your room and feel like a high roller. The room I stayed in this time was amazing! With a rich chocolate tone to the entire room, brown leather sofas, brass rails on the staircase, a full bath upstairs, and a half bath in the downstairs, with a full wet bar and frig. The location is great to me as well, your on freemont, but only a $15 cab ride to almost anywhere on the strip. The regular rooms are decent as well, a friend was staying in one of the regular rooms while she was out there and wasn't to bad either and was much much cheaper. I believe she was paying $85 for weekend rate during convention time, not bad at all. MY two story suite was on the lowest day $199 and most expensive day was $249, but not a bad price for someplace actually nicer than my real home, lol. I highly recommend to this hotel, one of the gems of Las Vegas. Also if you stay at the Nugget you gotta check out the Grotto, great italian food. Also nugget has one of the best pools in Vegas.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
6  Thank Terpsfan72
Reviewed 10 May 2009

We visited Vegas April 29 - May 2 2009 and stayed at the Golden Nugget because of all the favourable Tripadvisor advice. Have to say that we were not disappointed in any way. We were in the South Tower on the 18th floor. Room was huge and clean. Bathroom also big and clean. Room gave us a partial view of Freemont Street without any noise. Had to ring the front desk at 4:30 am one morning because keyboard to use the tv internet was not working. Someone was at our door within 5 minutes with a new keyboard. Employees were friendly and the in house Buffet was excellent - ate there for breakfast and no need for any other meals all day! Coupon book fed us at a 2 for 1 rate ($10)and that was an added bonus! Pool area is busy and the Tank is really neat. You have to go down at least once! Smoke factor walking through casino was a little bit annoying, but it's that way everywhere. Weekly rate was cheap for a 4 star ($60) but watch out for weekends, they triple! It was really great to go out to a show on the strip at night and come back to Freemont street where it's all happening without all the walking you have to do on the strip to go anywhere.

7  Thank BusyBee5
Reviewed 8 May 2009

Had some reservations about staying in Downtown Vegas but was very surprised at how good the rooms were. Very well done out (obviously had a re-fit fairly recently). The casino and pool area were very well presented. Rooms were a good size and had all amenities included (including free use of the safe). Huge flat screen TV in the room with good range of channels. Very nice bathroom with good quality shampoos, etc.
Check-in was a little slow but otherwise a good choice!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank bazandbabs24
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Freemont Street used to be only a sideshow on my previous trips to Sin City, yet during my recent stay at the Golden Nugget, it became my primary destination. Staying away from the newer hotels and attractions was a ‘hard sell’ but my husband convinced me to give it a try.

The Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino surprised me with comfort and luxury I had doubted existed downtown. VIP check-in was fast and convenient. Our 17th floor Gold Club Level room was beautiful, furnished with modern details and a very comfortable bed, offered robes and slippers, plenty of storage and complimentary coffee, snacks and water. The view of the pool was inviting yet the automatic window shade tightly shut out the morning sun. My husband was tickled by the television set into the mirror of the bathroom as well as the huge flatscreen in the bedroom. They even provided a collection of music CD’s and free wireless internet service.

Dining options were good, yet varied in quality. At Vic and Anthonys, we shared the most amazing Australian Lobster tail and a 24 ounce bone-in ribeye, cooked to perfection. I was a bit distracted by the noise level, expecting a more romantic steak house environment. We were delighted with the quiet atmosphere, service and options at Lillie’s Noodle House- try the Sea Bass! Carson Street Café was convenient and offered a good variety all hours. I would not recommend Grotto, unless you are satisfied with Olive Garden quality dining. The buffet was a huge disappointment, as it is recommended by many guides as a local favorite. The food choice was minimal and unappetizing.

The pool at this hotel was great. Not only for the fantastic aquarium situated in the middle of the swimming area, but the shaded H20 bar area provided an excellent space for extended relaxation. We spent quite a bit of time lounging on a huge papasan, gazing up at the palm trees and listening to great music. Celebrating our 11th anniversary, we felt comfortable with the many other couples the resort seems to attract.

Unlike the distance required to travel on the main strip to see ‘nearby’ attractions, the Freemont Street Experience is right outside the door of the Golden Nugget. It was a great party! We enjoyed the advantage of watching the action from the balcony of Golddiggers, a second story nightclub in the casino.

The hotel is under construction, building a 4th tower on the West side. Aside from the view of the progress from the pool area, I did not notice any evidence of their work. I look forward to seeing the finished building.

I definitely plan to stay at this hotel in the near future! Who would have thought downtown Las Vegas would offer such a comfortable and beautiful experience?

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple