Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino
US$541
US$452
Agoda.com
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$73
  • Restaurant
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$1,021
US$247
US$203
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
New York - New York Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$85
US$346
US$306
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$171
  • Pool
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$67
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$676
US$585
Hotelpower.com
11,533 results
All reviewsrush towercarson towershark tankgold towerfremont streetchart houseclaim jumperstay downtownred sushigold club roomfremont experiencedowntown vegaslight showk cupsold vegaspool areacoupon book
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We usually stay swanky on the strip in Vegas. A big gang of us went down this year and decided to stay at the Nugget. I was a little skeptical, but was pleasantly surprised!

The location on the Fremont Strip is fantastic. The check-in was smooth, and the staff was extremely courteous. Even the ladies vacuuming the hall made a point to say "hi, have a great stay" every time I passed them.

I stayed in the South Tower, and the room was pretty basic. I pulled back the sheets to check for bedbugs (I'm supremely paranoid, yes!) and the mattress etc was super clean and in tip top shape! The bathtub could have used a re-caulking (old and dark, ew) and a good hit of draino, but those were my only complaints. Who stays long in their room, anyway? The beds were ridiculously comfortable.

Some of our friends stayed in a suite in the North Tower, and it was more impressive.

We spent a lot of time at the pool, and had a fantastic time. A great mix of young partiers (no one was pretentious), couples, and families with kids.

The food at the restaurants was excellent! We ate twice at the Italian restaurant (Grotto?) it was that good.

All in all, a great stay, and I would definitely stay there again.

Oh, watch out for the staff at the desk near the North Tower who offer you a "free gift." It's an invitation to a timeshare presentation. No thanks!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
8  Thank cazcazcaz
Reviewed 31 May 2009

We have just returned from a wonderful 5 days at the Nugget. I paid a bit more and rented the gold VIP room on the 17th floor, nice to treat yourself sometimes. The check in was fast and smooth as well as the luggage was there waiting for us. The room was incredible and comfortable, all the comforts. Water and free snacks as well as coffee and a paper by the elevators, nice. Room was so clean and all the staff were very nice. We ate only once for breakfast at the buffet so cant comment on the food to much. We ate out most of the time as we rented a car, real nice to have and look around. Red Rock canyon was nice as well as a trip to the Hoover Dam was interesting. Driving was a snap with the GPS and the convertable was fun but got hot in the pm. Went to Chris Angle belive, Zumanity, and Gordie Brown at the nugget. All the shows were good and Gordie Brown was real good. Im a gambler unlike my wife, and found all the dealers very nice and was served drinks. Slots are tight! My trip at the nugget from the vallet parking to the pool and staff was fantastic and will return back to Freemont Street next year. I found it more personal, and half the price as the strip where I have stayed before. Stay here and you will not be dissapointed and dont hesitate to rent a car for the days. We still did the cab thing at night as we enjoy to have a few drinks at night. Thanks to the Nugget for making my trip that much more enjoyable.

4  Thank JefeArdrossanAB
Reviewed 31 May 2009

We stayed at the Golden Nugget on Fremont Street and had a great Fremont Street Experience. The hotel itself has a quiet elegance without being over the top. Our room was great--we were on the top floor of the South tower. The room had recently been redone with a large flat screen TV, very comfortable beds, and a great shower. I appreciated the fact that not only was the room non-smoking but that the whole floor was non-smoking. The best part by far was the pool. We went down to the pool every day when it opened at 10 A.M. and always got a great spot on padded loungers next to the pool with it's great fish tank. You can swim right up to the tank and enjoy different types of fish swimming by. I felt like I was scuba diving without the fear factor! My husband loved the slide tube that goes from the third story down through the tank. If you are looking for a downtown street fair experience, choose the Golden Nugget. It combines the old Vegas feel with an elegant hotel and casino and the feel of a tropical poolside experience.

4  Thank janiemae
Reviewed 31 May 2009

We booked this hotel to join up with families coming to Vegas on vacation. We hadn't been to the Downtown area in a few years and weren't sure what to expect. Walking in and around the Gold Nugget reminded me of Treasure Island on the new Strip. From the time we drove up to the entrance to the time we drove away we enjoyed our stay. The staff was always friendly and helpful. Our son totally loved the pool with its waterfalls and slide tube, which goes through a large tank with sharks. At night, walking out the front of the hotel and onto the Fremont Street Experience to see the night show was grand.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank stoutbrewer
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Spent three nights at the Golden Nugget to meet relatives from out of town. Now I am a strip guy who usually stays at The Mandalay Bay or similar. But this is where the gang was staying so I agreed to give it a try. Great place. Large comfy rooms. Great valet and baggage service. Excellent food in the resturants. This was a fun place. Being downtwon is a little funky but the casino was large, clean and relatively free of smoke compared to the other places nearby. The pool is fabulous with a large shark tank with a slide tube that goes right through the middle. Fun. I would go again anytime. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The only minus was a $15 charge per day for wifi. But then that is Vegas.

4  Thank CWS55