12,100 results
All reviews rush tower carson tower shark tank gold tower fremont street chart house claim jumper red sushi stay downtown downtown vegas fremont experience k cups light show old vegas pool area coupon book adult pool
Reviewed 13 December 2017

We stay here when we go to the NFR so this was our 3rd trip to the Nugget.We arrived & room service was supposed to surprise me with champagne, chocolate & roses half an hour after arrival (arranged by my husband prior to the trip).It showed up 2 hours later,no longer a surprise, expensive & almost made us late for our dinner reservation.The girl at the front desk tried to help but to no avail when my husband called down an hour after we arrived.It finally showed up1.5 hours late!I tried to use the hot tub one day since Expedia's detail said we had spa access.No go!Additional resort fee added after we arrived only included cardio & weight room access.Be sure and factor this $34 a night (yes-$34) into your cost of the room when booking.When we inquired about a hot tub we could use, we were told it would be an additional $25 per person to go into the 'wet' area of the spa.We also had to pay for parking (we had no car) since that's part of the resort fee,a pool that was closed…..WOW again!When we asked the front desk about adjusting the resort fee,we were told snottily that we had to ask when we checked out that he couldn't do anything & we were wrong when we said the pool was open in other Decembers (it was-I distinctly remember the people in the pool area by the shark tank & we have friends who have stayed there in December and remember the pool being open).Every front desk person had a canned response & it was like talking to a wall.When we checked out,there were TWO rude attendants that told me that Expedia was wrong & I needed to get my money back from them.He told me he credited me for one night's resort fee but when I reviewed my emailed bill-he only credited me SIX dollars.Really?So this person LIED TO ME about what he was doing to adjust the bill and called me a liar about the pool being open in previous years.Resort fee is $34 a night!Did I say that already?It includes internet but for only two devices.WOW!You get 2 bottles of water a day but you have to text down for it and you have to wait at least 30 minutes.Basically, the resort fee got us water because we texted & access to the cardio and weight room.The morning paper is available during certain times but you have to go to the lobby to get it.I have never been so disappointed with the service and the staff at this hotel.We will probably not go back.

Room Tip: Get a room in the Rush Tower away from the Fremont Street side.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Brewster04
Ghamby2016, Guest Relations Specialist at Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Brewster04,

I regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. Please be assured we are working hard internally to address each of your concerns individually. We would be honored to welcome you back as a hotel guest and look forward to the opportunity to regain your confidence in our resort.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Room is nice and big - very clean. This alone is a 4 but..... Some big changes if you think you have paid for your room wait until they hit you with the "Entertainment" tax when you arrive - an extra $29. Per night. Lines are long to check into hotel but you can pay an $30. for expedited check in. NO coffee pot in your room. If you want one it's an extra $10. plus a $50 deposit and you still pay for the K cups. Suggestion bring your own! Snack are crazy expensive at the gift shop for example $8.95 for a small bag of Dorritos. Stop at a grocery store on your way in. Always in years past they offered a free shuttle during the day to Cowboy Christmas - but not any more. Shuttle is still running to the rodeo at night, but rumor has it maybe not even that next year. We had 4 other couples stay in the Nugget at our recommendation. Two out of the 4 never had room service for any of the 3 nights they stayed. Complained to desk and received towels only. Service has really gone down hill. All casino tables during the day and night are $25 tables.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank susandh1

susandh1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I regret to hear of your shared disappointment. Please note that the only fee we charge daily is the resort fee of $29.50/day, plus tax. The resort fee includes: access for two to the Fitness Center daily (does not include the wet areas), basic, in-room daily Internet access for 2 devices daily, two bottled waters, daily (waters will be located in the guest rooms), complimentary parking, complimentary airline boarding passes printing via the Front Desk or Box Office 24/7, complimentary newspapers in your respective tower lobby from 6am to 10am daily, downtown destination coupons.

We do offer an optional VIP Check-In service. VIP check-in guarantees your smoking and room location requests and offers expedited check-in. You will also receive line passes to utilize during your stay so that you may bypass the lines at the The Buffet and The Showroom. There is a one-time fee of $40 plus tax to add this special service to your existing reservation that can be added by calling us directly at our toll free number.

Keurig coffee makers are standard in our Gold & Rush Towers and can be delivered to our Carson Tower upon request for a one-time fee of $10. Coffee is additional. Although our snacks are priced competively, please note that there is both a Walgreens and ABC store located on Fremont Street for your convenience as well. As for the shuttle, unfortunately we do not have a say in this. The shuttle service is provided by the event itself and therefore offered at their discretion and availability.

Lastly, I regret to hear that you were not provided daily make-up service. Please note that this and all other expressed concerns have been well documented and will be shared with the respective areas for future improvements. We would be honored to welcome you back as our guest.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Spent the weekend at the Nugget. Room was clean and staff was friendly.

However their resort fee is $30 per day. Had I known this I wouldn’t have stayed there. For $30 you get WiFi and 2 bottles of water. No access to pool.

They have a $15 food and beverage comp if you decline house keeping. I signed up for the offer after my first night. We didn’t have our room cleaned the entire trip. Upon checkout I was notified I didn’t receive the offer because my housekeeping had already been SCHEDULED when I signed up. SCHEDULED, not completed. Ripoff. Will stay at a different property next trip.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We received a card awarding us two free nights in November at the Golden Nugget and called to ask if we could combine the two nights into two rooms, one night. We spoke with Brenna in reservations and were told (after she cleared it with her supervisor) that it would be fine. Both nights were to be comped. When we arrived, we were told by their front desk clerk, Angel, that the casino NEVER does that and that we would be required to pay for the second room.

After some discussion with a Casino Host we were told that they would review the tape of my conversation with Brenna to see what we had been told. Apparently, the recording confirmed that we were approved for the two rooms for the night, as when we checked out we were told that both rooms had been comped and the charged reversed on our credit card. The charges have never been reversed and we were charged another $7 for what we've no idea.

We have rooms comped at Caesars and other casinos in Las Vegas, but thought as a treat for our daughter, who has never been to Las Vegas, we would enjoy Fremont Street activities and stay at the Nugget. Given the extremely poor customer service and the fact that no one in reservations, the front desk, or your Casino Hosts knows what in the hell they’re doing, we will not be returning.

Stayed: November 2017
7  Thank BrittneyBoo
Ghamby2016, Guest Relations Specialist at Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

BrittneyBoo,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to hear of your recent encounters at our resort and I regret to hear that these unfortunate events took away from your stay with us. Given the circumstances, I would like to personally follow up with you regarding this matter. Please expect a direct message from myself. You may also reach out to me at the email below.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

What a great hotel/casino! Located in downtown Las Vegas right off of Fremont Street, They weren't kidding when they said "golden nugget". There our goal details everywhere.

I was there the week after Thanksgiving and they already had their Christmas decorations up. Just beautiful! The holiday decorations were impressive.

They also have the most impressive pool I've ever seen even thou it was closed for the winter. Right in the middle of the hotel is the pool and in the middle of the pool is a gigantic fish tank. The slide even comes down and goes through the middle of the fish tank. Completely amazing!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family