“Interesting to see”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #76 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Overnight stay for business was good.
Pros: The bed was SUPER comfy and the hotel itself is a feast for the eyes. Loads of pictures, guitars, clothing, etc from the world of rock.
Cons: Poor room lighting (probably good if you're bringing a stranger in, HORRIBLE if you want to actually see anything. The bathroom was like a cave). Late opening of the fitness center (yes, 6am is late). It isn't on the strip. Being the Hard Rock, they should have live bands nightly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (9,012)

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Read all the reviews, first and foremost be fair and carefree. We arrived Sunday 03-04-12, was prepared for the worst. Had my reservations copy printed, I purchased HRH Tower 2 beds with strip view. 1st front desk said she needed proof I had purchased HRH Tower room. She was going to give me a room in the casino tower. I showed her my paperwork and gave me room on 6th floor with view of parking lot if you tilt to the left a strip view but it was a joke! Waited for another room as purchased a second one idenitied as HRH Tower King Corner Room view of pool and strip. Ahhh, perfect! 2nd front desk was more accommodating, she had a heart & more empathy! She gave me a room on the 8th floor (with excellent views of the strip and pool as mentioned) instead of the 6th floor reason being my uncle is on wheel chair. He needed to be at close to my reach. Overall, my uncle and mom enjoyed there stay! Just remember the staff at least most of them are there to help and make the stay pleasurable! The beds are just so comfortable, like sleeping in a bed of clouds. Security excellent! Too far from strip.

Room Tip: Make sure you bring a copy print of the exact room you purchase otherwise you won't get the room...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We arrived at the HRH Tower entrance around 7pm to check in. After being taken for ride, literally and figuratively, by a taxi driver who took the longest route to the hotel we had to struggle through the doors with our luggage as there was no one to take it from us. We struggled through doors that open outwards to the check-in desk. Even though we had booked a non-smoking king there wasn't one ready for us at this time of the day! We could wait for 45 minutes to have one cleaned or take one on a smoking floor. The other option was to pay $35 for an upgrade to the next level room. After a 12 hour flight from London we just wanted to get to a room so agreed but afterwards felt this could have been waived as a gesture of goodwill.
The room was spacious but slightly sterile. Nice deep bath, very comfortable bed. We had a nice meal at 35 Steaks and Martinis.
Check out was quick and uneventful.
The taxi fare to the hotel was $36 to the hotel and $11 back - our return driver must have known a quicker way obviously.
We filled in an online guest card and have been offered a 1-night stay but don't think we will take up the offer.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank escholte
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I have been coming to Las Vegas for the last 20 years. I have stayed almost every where. I think the HRH tower at Hard Rock is tied with Wynn and Encore for my favorite place to stay. Such great service, nice rooms, and a cool vibe. A lot of little things that they do at Hard Rock that makes me keep coming back. Thanks to all the staff for making my trip ver enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Omar N
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Arrived at around 11 am December 20, 2011 and was told only one room would be available (had requested adjoining rooms) We told them that would be fine because we wanted to grab lunch. We could put all of our luggage in the one room while waiting for the 2nd room to be cleaned. I was told they would call when the 2nd room was cleaned.

At approximately 7:30 at night I FINALLY got a call that our 2nd room was clean. We had dinner plans so went up and changed, then right out to dinner/show. As we left, we checked the door and noticed it didn't lock.... I called down to the front desk and asked for it to be fixed. I locked it from the inside and told them to access that room from the adjoining room. When we returned, the door was working and we went right to bed. In the morning... we got up to shower and .... NO TOWELS AT ALL! We also couldnt find the remote control for the TV. As we searched for the remote we found.... A CRISPY DIRTY WASHCLOTH IN OUR BED!!! YES!!! I called down to the front desk and informed them of our situation. They brought towels and said they would let the manager know.

All the kids slept in the other room, but when the boys woke up they were complaining of their bed and bad rest. We could tell that the bed looked "broken" in the middle and had a large V shape slant. This made the boys "slide" out of bed. I lifted up the sheets to see if maybe it was the feather bed only to find a large stain on the mattress what looked like kool-aid or wine. I thought that hotels got rid of soiled and broken beds???? I let the front desk know about this situation when I went into the lobby. The receptionist said she would have a manager contact me.

We ordered room service a couple nights... only the food so cold or hard that even the kids wouldn't/couldn't eat it. I WAS NEVER CONTACTED BY ANY MEMBER OF MANAGEMENT ABOUT ANY OF THE ABOVE ISSUES!!!!

To top it off when I got home I had a sudden case of athletes feet.... I have very healthy feet and this is NOT a regular occurrence.

Then.... sometime after our visit BOTH boys that slept in the broken bed had a strange rash. We have been treating it with benadryl, creams etc with no luck until I finally took my son to the doctor. Because BOTH boys had the rash, it is assumed that they caught it on that trip since that is the only time they have shared sleeping arrangements in the same bed (TWO doctors confirmed) I finally took my son to the doctor and he was diagnosed with SCABIES... He had to go through two treatments. According to the prescription it can take up to four weeks for the MITES to quit itching in the skin and for the rash to disappear.

This is one of the WORST and DISGUSTING experiences I have EVER had at a hotel. We all travel a lot and I don't care if it is fancy... but it should be CLEAN! I filled out an online survey about my visit and STILL never heard from anyone until this email. I wrote a letter and they denied all claims and didn't even apolgize!! They just sent a condesending email about how their hotel meets "standards" and how scabies is contracted. Trust me, I am well educated about scabies after staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
17  Thank Experienced T
Reviewed 6 March 2012

On 3-4-2012 I was in Vegas and made a reservation before leaving North Carolina. I loved the Hard Rock Hotel but when It came for me to reserve a room I was told that they were out of King size rooms and was told to up grade. It appeared that they didn't want to honor my coupon purchase from the website Groupon for a Sunday night stay at a$59.00 rate. I called the night before check in and reserved a king size room that was then available, at check in time I was told that all reservation were not guaranteed and had to upgrade for $50.00 extra dollars. After refusing to upgrade I was given a beautiful suite which was dirty; left over trash and a dirty bathroom. I had did all the site seeing I could do and wanted to relax in a clean room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amorri2
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We just got home from the HRH in Vegas. We had a blast. It was a great vegas experience the staff was very helpful with our every whim we loved it

Room Tip: Because of a glitch and them not having a King room in the mountain view rood we were upgraded (for...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple