“Worse hotel I have ever stayed in”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #77 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I booked the hotel for my birthday for myself and my family. Do not stay here under any circumstances. From the minute we walked into the hotel we knew this was trouble and if we hadn't paid ahead of time we would have left right away. I have traveled all over the world and have never and I mean never had worse accommodations, even in third world countries. They charged us a resort fee but nothing was available. The pool was closed and under construction. They wanted to charge $1.00 a minute to use the hotel computer. We asked for two rooms together which we were told was booked and found that half my family was on the other end of the floor. The Lucky Restaurant was a total bust. Every morning we ate breakfast the staff was rude and it was like eating at a construction site as they were repairing a part of the casino next to the restaurant. Now we find we have charges on our account that we haven't authorized. Horrible. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Look for a hotel that doesn't have resort fees...they do exist as we found out later. Stay on t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Bellinghambell
Write a ReviewReviews (9,005)

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We were originally staying at The Tropicana on the strip. However after waking up to someone robbing us (while we were in the room at The Tropicana - see my review of that hotel), we changed to The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino (which is about a mile or so off the strip). It was interesting that we ended up there, because we had been debating between those two hotels and chose the one on the strip. I really wish I had picked the Hard Rock from the beginning. The rooms are spacious and the decor is modern. The Casino rivals those on the strip. The club, Vanity is awesome and frequented by some of the rich and famous. The only thing is that we were leaving on a Tuesday and there wasn't much to do at the hotel on Monday night other than gamble (so we had to go hang out on the strip again). Also, even though the hotel is only about a mile away from the strip, I wouldn't walk it. Some of the area in between seemed a bit questionable. All in all, moving my party to The Hard Rock Hotel saved our Vegas trip!!!! Thank you HRH!!!

Room Tip: If you just want to go to the strip and walk around, the least expensive cab would be to Planet Holl...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MJhagroo
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel is cool. The sound track, the memorabillia, the room's all very cool. The room was big HRH corner suite. The bed was good. 2 TV's in the room with Hard rock music in the rooms. The Casino is small, and the whole hotel is far from the strip. the Shuttle only runs from 10-5 once a hour and drops you off at some mall on the strip, so you need to pay for taxis to get a round. They should run taxies every 30 minutes untill 1am.

Room Tip: Stay in the HRH tower
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Had a great time at the Hard Rock. The memorabilia was really cool to look at and added a special something to the hotel. We upgraded our room to one in the HRH tower and it was absolutely gorgeous. Huge room with cool stereo unit built into the wall. Rain shower, bathtub. It was great! I have seen a lot of reviews saying it is a young party crowd, but I didn't really see too much of that. Very cool vibe, loved it! The only downer is that it is a bit far from the strip. It looks close...but it's not. Probably a 30 minute walk to the strip.

Room Tip: Book in the HRH tower
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My fiancé and I had a room at this hotel for convenience, as we were seeing Motley Crue at the Joint. HRH is about 1 mile away from the Las Vegas Strip. The staff was very nice, helpful and friendly. The casino had a very 'sin city' vibe... dark, filled with smoke, dancers on poles attached to the poker tables, cool music memorabilia for decor. There is a Starbucks in the hotel, thankfully, since there are rarely coffee pots found in Vegas hotels, and it was a 45 minute room service wait for a pot in the morning. We had a delicious meal at 35 Steaks. As for our room, we had no choice in our reservation as it was reserved for us as part of the Motley Crue show. We were given a standard room in the Casino Tower. The room was a dump. Housekeeping overlooked dirty towels behind the bathroom door, the shower looked filthy. The vanity sink was clogged. The 'best' part was that it was an adjoining room, and there was at least 1-2" from the floor to the bottom of the connecting door! I wondered why I could hear the people in the next room so clearly, until it occurred to me to look under the door... I clearly saw feet, ankle down walking around next door. I'm not sure if all of the rooms have short adjoining room doors, but maybe they should glue some molding to the bottom of the doors or something. The room was horrible for too many reasons and I'd never return, nor would I recommend it to others. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are worse hotels in the area, but this hotel is certainly not for me. I prefer Planet Hollywood, but I'd stay at Excalibur at the far end of the strip, and for half the price, before returning to HRH.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask to be moved to a new room if yours is subpar.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DellaJo
Reviewed 8 March 2012

What can I say about the staff here! They were marvelous! We stayed in the HRH Towers (all suite) and definitely worth the extra you'll pay. The room was clean, however, when we asked the maid to come back in an hour as we were in the room, she did not. However, the front desk staff did rectify this with a small room service comp. So all turned out well.

The room was clean and spacious. It is recommended for 2 adults and 2 children, however, I did not see that the couches pulled out, so the kids would be sleeping on the couch cushions.

The minibar was stocked with all sorts of goodies, from 'Romance' kits to the usual.

Huge tub, huge shower.

They have like 7 pools.

Very good for romance and couples but would not recommend for people with children staying for more than a couple days.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Overnight stay for business was good.
Pros: The bed was SUPER comfy and the hotel itself is a feast for the eyes. Loads of pictures, guitars, clothing, etc from the world of rock.
Cons: Poor room lighting (probably good if you're bringing a stranger in, HORRIBLE if you want to actually see anything. The bathroom was like a cave). Late opening of the fitness center (yes, 6am is late). It isn't on the strip. Being the Hard Rock, they should have live bands nightly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business