“Absolutely Horrible”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #76 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 12 March 2012

In my effort to find a hotel that is fun, but decent in Vegas I attempted the Hard Rock Hotel. First of all, I reserved a "City View" Suitewith one King Bed which looked great on the website. I checked in and was assigned my room. When I got to my room, first it had two queen beds..not a huge deal. I open up my curtains to look at my "city view" and I discover that I am looking into the parking garage directly and two gentlmen are urinating in front of me. So that was great. I go back to desk and ask if there is a possibility to change rooms and the agent says "what exactly don't you like about your room" I say first it has two queen beds which I can deal with, but I reserved a city room and I look literally into the garage and there are two men there relieving themself outside my window. She tells me ok you are lucky as I park in that garage for work and I usually look into the rooms at naked people. I told her that is fascinating news, but I am not really into it. She then tells me the room is what I paid for as "City View" at the Hard rock means it is not a pool view and you look at the garage in most of the rooms. City like. WOW. So for an upgrade charge of $30 per night she can switch me to the other side of the building which looks at the pool. So now I am up to 180 per night at a hotel that normally charges not more than $100 and I am looking into another building and a pool. The upgraded room was very much like the orignal room, smelled like baby oil which was not ok. The service was not great. Upon checkouot after having just a really horrible few days, the agent asks me "how was your stay?" I reply it was actually really bad, probably one of the worst ever. She then replies "Ok then have a great day" and handed me my receipt. So I am thinking they are pretty much aware the hotel is not a super great place, but is a step above like Motel 6 for example.

Room Tip: Call a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank cal_woodside

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed in the Casino Towers which are the ones directly in the main building, accessible opposite the main check in.

What to expect:
Rooms - very cool and stylish in a rock and roll way. Zebra like black and white carpet, oversized headboard with black fabric, dark wood and metal. white sheets and comforter--amazingly comfortable bed! Big rooms

The lobby- yeah, its going to get loud and sloppy. If you're young and want to get drunk this is the place.

Come to party at this hotel. And not necessarily if you want to see the strip though because on busy weekends you're looking at lines as long as 40 people to get a taxi.

Room Tip: away from the elevators and "mountain" view if you want to avoid late night drunks and ear...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Retrorich
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I don't know where to begin. The front desk is incompetent and negligent. We asked for adjoining rooms, were reassured that we had them when we checked in, and discovered that our rooms were about half a mile from each other. When we tried to call the desk to complain, we were put on hold for so long we finally had to call guest services to even talk to anyone. My impulse right then was to try to find another hotel, but we had paid in advance for a "package deal," another mistake. The rude concierge told us that there was no public transportation to the Strip, (the location is very inconvenient), so we shelled out big bucks for cab fare, only to discover on the last day of our stay that there was an hourly shuttle. They never informed us about the resort fee (the pool was closed and the internet costs .25/minute, so I don't know what this fee is for) and tried to tack on charges at every opportunity. I got home yesterday to find three bogus charges on my account and, of course, can't reach anyone to discuss them. I'm cancelling my card (another inconvenience) because I don't trust that they won't put additional charges on my account. This outfit banks on people just accepting extra charges and shoddy treatment. Stay away at all costs.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Anne009
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I booked the hotel for my birthday for myself and my family. Do not stay here under any circumstances. From the minute we walked into the hotel we knew this was trouble and if we hadn't paid ahead of time we would have left right away. I have traveled all over the world and have never and I mean never had worse accommodations, even in third world countries. They charged us a resort fee but nothing was available. The pool was closed and under construction. They wanted to charge $1.00 a minute to use the hotel computer. We asked for two rooms together which we were told was booked and found that half my family was on the other end of the floor. The Lucky Restaurant was a total bust. Every morning we ate breakfast the staff was rude and it was like eating at a construction site as they were repairing a part of the casino next to the restaurant. Now we find we have charges on our account that we haven't authorized. Horrible. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Look for a hotel that doesn't have resort fees...they do exist as we found out later. Stay on t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Bellinghambell
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We were originally staying at The Tropicana on the strip. However after waking up to someone robbing us (while we were in the room at The Tropicana - see my review of that hotel), we changed to The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino (which is about a mile or so off the strip). It was interesting that we ended up there, because we had been debating between those two hotels and chose the one on the strip. I really wish I had picked the Hard Rock from the beginning. The rooms are spacious and the decor is modern. The Casino rivals those on the strip. The club, Vanity is awesome and frequented by some of the rich and famous. The only thing is that we were leaving on a Tuesday and there wasn't much to do at the hotel on Monday night other than gamble (so we had to go hang out on the strip again). Also, even though the hotel is only about a mile away from the strip, I wouldn't walk it. Some of the area in between seemed a bit questionable. All in all, moving my party to The Hard Rock Hotel saved our Vegas trip!!!! Thank you HRH!!!

Room Tip: If you just want to go to the strip and walk around, the least expensive cab would be to Planet Holl...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MJhagroo
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel is cool. The sound track, the memorabillia, the room's all very cool. The room was big HRH corner suite. The bed was good. 2 TV's in the room with Hard rock music in the rooms. The Casino is small, and the whole hotel is far from the strip. the Shuttle only runs from 10-5 once a hour and drops you off at some mall on the strip, so you need to pay for taxis to get a round. They should run taxies every 30 minutes untill 1am.

Room Tip: Stay in the HRH tower
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Had a great time at the Hard Rock. The memorabilia was really cool to look at and added a special something to the hotel. We upgraded our room to one in the HRH tower and it was absolutely gorgeous. Huge room with cool stereo unit built into the wall. Rain shower, bathtub. It was great! I have seen a lot of reviews saying it is a young party crowd, but I didn't really see too much of that. Very cool vibe, loved it! The only downer is that it is a bit far from the strip. It looks close...but it's not. Probably a 30 minute walk to the strip.

Room Tip: Book in the HRH tower
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple