“For the younger crowd”

Ranked #78 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York City
“For the younger crowd”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Hard Rock is off the main strip so you will have to take a cab or use their shuttle service. The casino itself is not that big as compared to other Hotel & Casinos in the area but there is plenty of games to play. My favorite part was the Rehab party on Sunday at the pool. It's free to get in if you are staying at the hotel and you get dibs to go in first. I got up early grabbed towels and took a good spot. You can always find someone that will be working that day and give a nice tip and they will save you a couple of chair/lounges. This place gets crazy crowded and to the point where you are basically surrounded by people in the pool that I was shocked that the pool did not overflow.

Room Tip: Ehh not much to see from any room and they all seem to be the same.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RuxCooks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,050)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 18 March 2012

In comparison to other Las Vegas properties it does not rate very high on my list. I had to stay there for convenience reasons but I am not a fan. I got a room in the HRH Tower which was quite nice but still does not match other all suite hotels in Vegas.
The location sucks and you have to get a taxi to anywhere else. The one site restaurants were below average especially the 24 hour option. All in all it was ok. wouldn't stay again if I have the choice.

Room Tip: the only decent rooms are in the HRH Tower
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank I_like_2_travel008
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We were getting married in Vegas at the Cosmopolitan Popup Chapel, but decided against staying at the Cosmo because there was a group of us and the cost was prohibitive for some. The rooms at the Hard Rock were a great deal $47 for the other towers, $99 for the HRH Tower. We tried to check in early to our HRH room, but unfortunately only the corner suite would be available right away for a $50 upgrade (per night I believe) it was a special day and I wanted to get in so I said yes of course! My friends in the other towers had no problem checking in early.

The corner suite was beautiful, great bed, awesome bathroom, two huge tvs. I'm glad I upgraded. It had an awesome view of the strip at night (even though its not on the strip, you can see it!) and it was great for having everyone over while we got ready for the wedding.

The casino was pretty dead on the Sunday and Monday nights we were there.. But the dealers were friendly and put up with us while we tried to figure out how to play roulette. It was very easy to get drinks.

Monday morning we used the spa and it was a great amenity! I had a super massage and an ok pedicure! I'd recommend this as an alternative to the strip anytime! (we had stayed at the Mirage for the 2 nights prior, and honestly we were getting sick of the strip life!).

Room Tip: If you can get a good deal, upgrade to the HRH tower!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank uglyagnes
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband and I head to Vegas a lot. We usually stay on the strip. We had a deal through expedia to stay at Hard Rock that we couldn't pass up......It was AWESOME! The branding at this hotel is amazing...while I had been to the casino before at HRH, I had never been a hotel guest. We truly felt like rockstars! We stayed in the "Paradise Tower" and our room was fantastic and clean. We went to the pool everyday that we were in town-best pool scene in Vegas, hands down-and I have been to a lot of resorts on the strip. Can't wait to visit again! If you are concerned about being further away from the strip, look into taking the city bus-it stops right at the Hard Rock.

Room Tip: Paradise Tower is the newer tower.....if you can, request a room there.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank srgardella
Kansas
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Fun place to stay, play great music on gaming floor, several bars to hang at, crowd is pretty dressed up; rooms are very large and easy to get to.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank leapfrogllp
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The Hard Rock Hotel/Casino is at least a mile from the strip. There is a shuttle that runs hourly to the Fashion Show mall, but that was inconvenient for me so I just walked. It was a beautiful 72 degree day so it was no problem.

The rooms were nicely decorated and the bed was comfy, but the shower was bad. It wouldn't drain so you were basically ankle-deep in water - yuck. The same was true for the sink. We had to do maintenance every time we used it. The black furniture attracted major dust and someone had taken some cookies from the mini-bar and left a few in the wrapper, though we weren't charged.

We had a pool view and watched construction going on the deck the entire time we were there. No one was swimming. Can't comment on the casino as we went to the strip to gamble with the rest of our friends, but it was small and had the overwhelming stench of cigarette smoke. Mr. Lucky's restaurant had a good breakfast and prompt service.

Would not stay again mostly due to location and drainage issues.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marie63_12
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I read some reviews, but not till after I had made my reservations. A little skeptical at first, but after we checked in all was erased! We had a great time. The dealers are friendly and helpful to newcomers. The drinks at the tables come quickly. The music is awesome! The only thing negative I can say was the smoke was heavy, but would be every casino in Vegas. The beds in the rooms are heavenly! All employees are friendly. The food, although a bit expensive, was excellent in the two restaurants we ate in. We will definitely be back! Take a taxi from the airport as it is cheaper than the shuttle and you won't have to stop at other hotels.

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for poolside view. However, they play music all day long and it is quite lou...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple