9,461 results
All reviewshrh towerpink tacoparadise towerculinary dropoutrock and rolloff the striprehab poolrock musicnirvana poolrock starcenter barpool partypool viewgreat musiccab rideyounger crowdcorner room
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Booked a weekend package deal through Groupon for my wife's birthday. I thought for the rest of this review I'd use bullet points to simplify my comments.

Pros:
- Enjoyed the rock theme and music played throughout (a given)
- Nacho's at the Pink Taco (hilarious name) are amazing!
- Interacted with two of the bell staff and they were incredibly friendly and helpful

Cons:
-No signs to point you to Registration when coming from parking structures. Got lost after directions from staff, he must have misunderstood my question (Where do we check in?)
-Pleasantly surprised by room, initially. Then disappointment. Then aggravation. Then phone call to front desk. Followed by more disappointment and aggravation. Then alcohol, leading to acceptance and unspeakables.
-French doors leading to balcony. There was a railing immediately outside the doors. The room was level with the roof, and there was a wall about 30 feet away. So our only view was of a half smoked cigar, an empty can of beer, and a small ball of something that looked like a limbless, headless mouse. Oh and cigarette butts. Call to complain resulted in (see above).
-About $10 cab ride one way to strip, or free 15 minute walk.
-Bathroom was small with little lighting, or "mood" lighting.

All in all, would not return. The Hard Rock would be average if it was on the strip, but it's snot.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the HRH tower and demand a view of the strip or pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kris47
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We booked this "SUITE" as a 5 star "mystery deal" on bookit.com and sadly we did NOT have a 5 Star experience. We left later than expected on Friday and did not arrive until 1am. The snippy girl at the front desk said "It's really late so we gave away your room. I can put you in another tower." Since we were getting downgraded we asked if there was any type of compensation she could offer and she ROLLED HER EYES before offering us a $50 food and bev credit and a room switch for the next night. Fine. The room itself was OK. Nothing outstanding, nothing disturbing.

The next day we woke up late, decided to eat something at Mr. Lucky's the 24 hour "diner" downstairs. DON'T ORDER THE BREAKFAST BAGEL. YUCK! After eating we tried to change our room only to find out that they only do that up to noon and it was past noon. Since no one told us that the night before we spoke to the manager who was very nice and apoligized for the misunderstanding. She offered us additional credit which was better than nothing so we used the credit at Pink Taco. Yummy! Although the name is a bit crass, the food is pretty good. I'd recommend the appetizer platter and the nachos.

The pool was very crowded so we decided to do some gambling. Save your money if you're into slots though, it seemed other hotels had the newer - more interactive slot machines which I enjoyed playing more. Although the front desk swore they were fully booked the casino was empty...but maybe it was because the AC was broken? It was so hot in parts of the casino I thought the heaters must be running full blast!

Room Tip: There is a $26 a night resort fee. Stay away from Mr. Lucky and go with Pink Taco instead. There is also a Starbucks and cafe downstairs that serves good breakfast sandwiches. Arrive early or they'll give away your room! If you get downgraded ask for compensation!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melodys_adventures
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The most attractive, best-served, and technologically advanced sports book; a legendary pool system; rooms that give nothing away to the newest (and far more expensive) resorts on the Strip; and perhaps most pleasing of all--the most amazing music, playing continously, throughout the facility. You will find no better option for your stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My boyfriend and I were super excited to spend some quality time together in Vegas. The Hard Rock Hotel looked like a fabulous choice. Once we arrived we were overwhelmed by how awesome this hotel was. I surprised my boyfriend with an upgraded room so once we got to check in we were told that we needed to go to another area of the hotel for check into our suite in the HRH tower. When we finally found that area, which I have to admit was a rockin checkin desk, we were told that our room wasn't ready yet. Since we were an hour or so early, we were fine with that and decided to go gamble while we waited for our room. They told us that they would call us as soon as our room was ready, which should only be a few hours. A few hours came and went and at around 6pm I was fed up and went back to check in. They apologized and said that the couple in our room had decided to get a late checkout so our room won't be ready until after 7pm. I was not happy with this so they said that in the mean time they would put us in a different room (with not as good of a view) until our room was ready. At 11pm we finally got a call that our room was ready, which I thought was absolutely ridiculous. Of course the room was amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our time at the hotel, but waiting that long for a room is unacceptable.

The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in in my whole life! We didn't want to leave the bed cause it was just so comfortable. I highly recommend getting the Supreme King Suite, it is truly a GREAT room!

Room Tip: Get the Supreme King Suite in the HRH tower. It is well worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amber B
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the Hard Rock on a Wednesday after two days at The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. The experience was positive. It is a younger crowd, and a bit loud so if you are looking for quiet, this is not the place.

The rooms were large and clean with nice beds. I stayed in the Casino Tower. I am a bit older than the 20 somethings that were mostly there, but I enjoyed the energy.

I played in the casino at the table games and found the dealers and pit to be more kicked back and enjoying themselves. This made the whole experience fun. It was mid week so not very crowded.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are a bit noisy from the music.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo