9,459 results
All reviewshrh towerpink tacoparadise towerculinary dropoutrock and rolloff the striprehab poolrock musicnirvana poolrock starcenter barpool partypool viewgreat musiccab rideyounger crowdcorner room
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Nice place to look at, but user friendly . . . not so much. It probably didn't help that it was the last leg of our 8-day vacation and we were exhausted upon arrival due to the hour plus late flight in and the young, annoyed cab driver that couldn't add (he clearly showed us how bummed he was that by the luck of the draw he got two short drives back to back - Hard Rock is the closest to the airport and it was his birthday, "so not fair" - head on wheel at stoplight). Surprised at so many people checking in at 1am. By 1:44 am I was using my own phone to call the desk for service because the phone in our room didn't work. No price on the mini bar list for the half bottle of red wine in the room and then no wine opener available once I got the price . . . sure glad we had picked up a couple of bottled waters on our way up to the room; it was an awful long walk. The bathroom was beautiful, but the layout was not at all well planned - you have to step into the shower to reach the faucet, my experience as a designer I know most glass step in showers have the faucet at the door opening to make it more accessible. I expected higher food prices, but this was the most expensive cafe (Lucky 24/7) breakfast we had the whole trip . . . almost fed 4 people for less in Colorado Springs at The Olive Branch (I will review that too). We had a waitress that admittedly forgot to come back to the table to take our order (since I was in line for checking out when she delivered beverages) and then continued to forget things we had ordered or asked for (i.e. condiments, bowl of fresh berries) . . . but the menu selection and the food was good. We arrived at 1 am and check out is 11am so were only there about 12 hours including brunch . . . maybe if we had more time to spend there we would have been able to enjoy more of the place.

1  Thank DEBRAPELLOUSO
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just get a room in the HRH tower and drive right in to the valet on that side off Harmon. It's convenient. The rooms are nicer and newer. Check in is less hectic. Stop being cheap and taking your poor friend/spouse/significant other to the other side and making him/her drag luggage all the way through the casino. Have bell services handle your bags. They are quick. Get the highest floor you can. Enjoy the view looking down at the pool. There’s always something interesting going on. Just save up for these things and you will be appreciated. Be prepared to party among scantily clad people to loud music day and night. That’s just the way it is. If you have kids, just mellow out about what they are seeing. Why are you bringing them here, anyway? If you are old like me, just mellow out about the constant pulsing beat that starts in the morning, emanates from the pool and works its way right into the center of your brain. It will stop at sunset. Just enjoy it and feel young again. Remember, you were annoying once too. Have a cocktail. Enjoy the rock memorabilia. Take some time to relax at the spa. The décor with tons of white tile reminds me of an old hospital from the 1940’s. In a cool, retro way. I’ve been to this one several times and it has always been very clean. The indoor co-ed spa pool is lovely. The pool room is wonderfully decorated. I plan to return for concerts and the Halloween Ball.

Room Tip: HRH tower, pool view, higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CapricornSister
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Booked a weekend package deal through Groupon for my wife's birthday. I thought for the rest of this review I'd use bullet points to simplify my comments.

Pros:
- Enjoyed the rock theme and music played throughout (a given)
- Nacho's at the Pink Taco (hilarious name) are amazing!
- Interacted with two of the bell staff and they were incredibly friendly and helpful

Cons:
-No signs to point you to Registration when coming from parking structures. Got lost after directions from staff, he must have misunderstood my question (Where do we check in?)
-Pleasantly surprised by room, initially. Then disappointment. Then aggravation. Then phone call to front desk. Followed by more disappointment and aggravation. Then alcohol, leading to acceptance and unspeakables.
-French doors leading to balcony. There was a railing immediately outside the doors. The room was level with the roof, and there was a wall about 30 feet away. So our only view was of a half smoked cigar, an empty can of beer, and a small ball of something that looked like a limbless, headless mouse. Oh and cigarette butts. Call to complain resulted in (see above).
-About $10 cab ride one way to strip, or free 15 minute walk.
-Bathroom was small with little lighting, or "mood" lighting.

All in all, would not return. The Hard Rock would be average if it was on the strip, but it's snot.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the HRH tower and demand a view of the strip or pool.
2  Thank kris47
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We booked this "SUITE" as a 5 star "mystery deal" on bookit.com and sadly we did NOT have a 5 Star experience. We left later than expected on Friday and did not arrive until 1am. The snippy girl at the front desk said "It's really late so we gave away your room. I can put you in another tower." Since we were getting downgraded we asked if there was any type of compensation she could offer and she ROLLED HER EYES before offering us a $50 food and bev credit and a room switch for the next night. Fine. The room itself was OK. Nothing outstanding, nothing disturbing.

The next day we woke up late, decided to eat something at Mr. Lucky's the 24 hour "diner" downstairs. DON'T ORDER THE BREAKFAST BAGEL. YUCK! After eating we tried to change our room only to find out that they only do that up to noon and it was past noon. Since no one told us that the night before we spoke to the manager who was very nice and apoligized for the misunderstanding. She offered us additional credit which was better than nothing so we used the credit at Pink Taco. Yummy! Although the name is a bit crass, the food is pretty good. I'd recommend the appetizer platter and the nachos.

The pool was very crowded so we decided to do some gambling. Save your money if you're into slots though, it seemed other hotels had the newer - more interactive slot machines which I enjoyed playing more. Although the front desk swore they were fully booked the casino was empty...but maybe it was because the AC was broken? It was so hot in parts of the casino I thought the heaters must be running full blast!

Room Tip: There is a $26 a night resort fee. Stay away from Mr. Lucky and go with Pink Taco instead. There is also a Starbucks and cafe downstairs that serves good breakfast sandwiches. Arrive early or they'll give away your room! If you get downgraded ask for compensation!
2  Thank melodys_adventures
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The most attractive, best-served, and technologically advanced sports book; a legendary pool system; rooms that give nothing away to the newest (and far more expensive) resorts on the Strip; and perhaps most pleasing of all--the most amazing music, playing continously, throughout the facility. You will find no better option for your stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business