“Great! PARADISE TOWER”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #78 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I found a great deal on Groupon, each night up to seven nights, $59.00 a night. I admit I was a little skeptical of this hotel but when I got there it was really cool. It isnt huge and there isnt a a big variteyof slots and table games, but the workers there are friendly and the waitresses are on point. The rooms were nice. Pretty empty though, there was plenty of room left for a nice size couch and another chair or table. The shower is HUGE, ridiculously huge, so their is no bath. and also no pictures on the wall. the pool wasnt poppin because I stayed on a wednesday and thursday, but it looked beautiful. Overall this casino is not the best, but its a great place to stay. The hotel isnt too far from the strip either, about an $8 cab drive

Room Tip: Choose the paradise tower other than the casino tower, they are the newer rooms. And of course if yo...
1  Thank Taylor B
Write a ReviewReviews (8,941)

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have been going to Vegas 10 years in a row with my friends for March Madness. We decided to take a chance on the HRH after we were told to give it a try. I am so glad we did. We have stayed over at Caesars for many many years and after the time we had at hard rock, will never go back. We landed a little early and checked in, but did not know that we could have checked in at the HRH Tower Check in, but check in no problem. Picked up our back stage passes and off we went to explore. I had been to the casino floor before but never really checked out the rest of the property. The rock collections our incredible. The pool incredible, the music pumping incredible. The best thing about our experince at the HRH was the service. Every one there made sure our stay was perfect. The energy from the crowd is awesome. The rooms are great in the HRH Tower and I highly suggest staying. We will be returing next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank LilBuddy11
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Yes yes I get it, this hotel experience is supposed to emulate that of a coke sniffing, rehab rejected, irrevrent rock star. And this hotel pulls out ALL the stops to make this happen. All the way to the vomit in the hotel entry @ 11 am. No kidding.

Now to be fair, we were there during March (Spring Break) so the hotel was extra nasty and congested w/ Ed Hardy and the smell of stale beer. However I am sure that this place is always a cluster.

So let me begin by saying that we chose this hotel based on our experience in the Hard Rock Restraunts (We have been to many locations around the world) and the Hotel website. We were expecting a completely different Rock and Roll experience. What we found out was that this hotel is not part of the same company as the restraunts, two seperate entities.

The website is a COMPLETE falsehood. There is NOTHING upscale about this place. The rooms are run down from too many drunken parties and the service is nill to none (suited to the drunk college aged crowd) The kitsch is over done, example the bouncer looking door man called me "the chick" and I could tell that was part of a script to do so. Very cheesy.

The minute we walked in the door I was longing for the Wynn Hotel, we went in to this for something different and we got it (in a very bad way)

Our room was surrounded by parties, drunk girls chasing after drunk guys. I had flash backs to South Padre Island spring break when we stayed @ the Ramada Inn with 20 of our best college buddies. Need I say more?

It's a shame b/c I can't get that night back. Rest assured we will NEVER return and I urge you to run for your life to another hotel... ANY OTHER hotel in Vegas.

Room Tip: Only tip I can give you is go somewhere else....
2  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Nice place to look at, but user friendly . . . not so much. It probably didn't help that it was the last leg of our 8-day vacation and we were exhausted upon arrival due to the hour plus late flight in and the young, annoyed cab driver that couldn't add (he clearly showed us how bummed he was that by the luck of the draw he got two short drives back to back - Hard Rock is the closest to the airport and it was his birthday, "so not fair" - head on wheel at stoplight). Surprised at so many people checking in at 1am. By 1:44 am I was using my own phone to call the desk for service because the phone in our room didn't work. No price on the mini bar list for the half bottle of red wine in the room and then no wine opener available once I got the price . . . sure glad we had picked up a couple of bottled waters on our way up to the room; it was an awful long walk. The bathroom was beautiful, but the layout was not at all well planned - you have to step into the shower to reach the faucet, my experience as a designer I know most glass step in showers have the faucet at the door opening to make it more accessible. I expected higher food prices, but this was the most expensive cafe (Lucky 24/7) breakfast we had the whole trip . . . almost fed 4 people for less in Colorado Springs at The Olive Branch (I will review that too). We had a waitress that admittedly forgot to come back to the table to take our order (since I was in line for checking out when she delivered beverages) and then continued to forget things we had ordered or asked for (i.e. condiments, bowl of fresh berries) . . . but the menu selection and the food was good. We arrived at 1 am and check out is 11am so were only there about 12 hours including brunch . . . maybe if we had more time to spend there we would have been able to enjoy more of the place.

1  Thank DEBRAPELLOUSO
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just get a room in the HRH tower and drive right in to the valet on that side off Harmon. It's convenient. The rooms are nicer and newer. Check in is less hectic. Stop being cheap and taking your poor friend/spouse/significant other to the other side and making him/her drag luggage all the way through the casino. Have bell services handle your bags. They are quick. Get the highest floor you can. Enjoy the view looking down at the pool. There’s always something interesting going on. Just save up for these things and you will be appreciated. Be prepared to party among scantily clad people to loud music day and night. That’s just the way it is. If you have kids, just mellow out about what they are seeing. Why are you bringing them here, anyway? If you are old like me, just mellow out about the constant pulsing beat that starts in the morning, emanates from the pool and works its way right into the center of your brain. It will stop at sunset. Just enjoy it and feel young again. Remember, you were annoying once too. Have a cocktail. Enjoy the rock memorabilia. Take some time to relax at the spa. The décor with tons of white tile reminds me of an old hospital from the 1940’s. In a cool, retro way. I’ve been to this one several times and it has always been very clean. The indoor co-ed spa pool is lovely. The pool room is wonderfully decorated. I plan to return for concerts and the Halloween Ball.

Room Tip: HRH tower, pool view, higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CapricornSister
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Booked a weekend package deal through Groupon for my wife's birthday. I thought for the rest of this review I'd use bullet points to simplify my comments.

Pros:
- Enjoyed the rock theme and music played throughout (a given)
- Nacho's at the Pink Taco (hilarious name) are amazing!
- Interacted with two of the bell staff and they were incredibly friendly and helpful

Cons:
-No signs to point you to Registration when coming from parking structures. Got lost after directions from staff, he must have misunderstood my question (Where do we check in?)
-Pleasantly surprised by room, initially. Then disappointment. Then aggravation. Then phone call to front desk. Followed by more disappointment and aggravation. Then alcohol, leading to acceptance and unspeakables.
-French doors leading to balcony. There was a railing immediately outside the doors. The room was level with the roof, and there was a wall about 30 feet away. So our only view was of a half smoked cigar, an empty can of beer, and a small ball of something that looked like a limbless, headless mouse. Oh and cigarette butts. Call to complain resulted in (see above).
-About $10 cab ride one way to strip, or free 15 minute walk.
-Bathroom was small with little lighting, or "mood" lighting.

All in all, would not return. The Hard Rock would be average if it was on the strip, but it's snot.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the HRH tower and demand a view of the strip or pool.
2  Thank kris47
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We booked this "SUITE" as a 5 star "mystery deal" on bookit.com and sadly we did NOT have a 5 Star experience. We left later than expected on Friday and did not arrive until 1am. The snippy girl at the front desk said "It's really late so we gave away your room. I can put you in another tower." Since we were getting downgraded we asked if there was any type of compensation she could offer and she ROLLED HER EYES before offering us a $50 food and bev credit and a room switch for the next night. Fine. The room itself was OK. Nothing outstanding, nothing disturbing.

The next day we woke up late, decided to eat something at Mr. Lucky's the 24 hour "diner" downstairs. DON'T ORDER THE BREAKFAST BAGEL. YUCK! After eating we tried to change our room only to find out that they only do that up to noon and it was past noon. Since no one told us that the night before we spoke to the manager who was very nice and apoligized for the misunderstanding. She offered us additional credit which was better than nothing so we used the credit at Pink Taco. Yummy! Although the name is a bit crass, the food is pretty good. I'd recommend the appetizer platter and the nachos.

The pool was very crowded so we decided to do some gambling. Save your money if you're into slots though, it seemed other hotels had the newer - more interactive slot machines which I enjoyed playing more. Although the front desk swore they were fully booked the casino was empty...but maybe it was because the AC was broken? It was so hot in parts of the casino I thought the heaters must be running full blast!

Room Tip: There is a $26 a night resort fee. Stay away from Mr. Lucky and go with Pink Taco instead. There is...
2  Thank melodys_adventures