Stayed here in late March 2012. Husband, wife, kids age 11 and 15. This hotel is less expensive than others in LV, but there is a reason. It's pretty far from the main strip (we walked and it took about 20 minutes). We visited the Bellagio, Venetian, etc.-- much more light and bright and fun--but also twice the $$.
Hotel tries to cater to the 20-something-year-old rocker in all of us. Lots of black carpet with musical notes, black-and-white photo art, trying to be edgy, etc. Long walk through the dark casino to check in. Pool/"lagoon" water was cold, so not really swimmable when we were there (kids would've loved it). No other families with kids that we could see--we understand they probably don't want this demographic--no problem. Charged $20 for a rollaway bed, plus wireless and tax brought cost of room from $119 to about $160--how did that happen?!
All in all, this is an okay place to stay for the money (very clean, etc.), IF you are going when they have a good deal and use this as a launching pad to see the fun downtown part of Las Vegas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1995, the property completed a $750 million expansion in 2010. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino offers an energetic entertainment and gaming experience with the services and amenities associated with a boutique luxury resort hotel. The property is known for its innovative nightlife and music scene where acts such as The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Incubus, Foo Fighters, Carlos Santana, Mötley Crüe and Guns N' Roses have all performed. Features of the property include an 11-story Casino Tower with 640 guest rooms, 17-story Paradise Tower with 490 rooms and suites, and the HRH All-Suite Tower with 359 suites, eight spa villas and seven penthouse suites; 72,000 square feet of casino space featuring Peacock High-Limit gaming and Asian gaming amenities; 80,000 square feet of flexible meeting and convention space; more than $4 million in rare music memorabilia; Body English Nightclub; Reliquary Water Sanctuary, Spa & Salon; 4.5 Acres of tropical pool paradise housing world-famous pool parties REHAB Saturdays and Sundays and RELAX Mondays; live music/entertainment venues The Joint and Vinyl; Hart & Huntington Tattoo Co.; Restaurants Culinary Dropout, Nobu, The Ainsworth, 35 Steaks + Martinis, Pink Taco, Mr. Lucky's Café and 福Fú; a fitness center; and trendsetting retailers John Varvatos, Affliction, Love Jones and Rocks The Jewelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel Casino
- Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas
- Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Las Vegas