“Disappointed....”

Ranked #79 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Seattle, Washington
“Disappointed....”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My husband and I went to see the Eagles concert and he has always prefered the Hard Rock Hotel over the hotels on the strip. We paid for a King bed, and when we checked in they told us that they only had two queens, however they were only double beds, not Queen, and that when we asked for a King it was only a request, it doesn't mean they will have one.. So much for a romantic getaway! We had a mountain view room, however we didn't see any mountains just the side of a white building, that was the view. I realize that there will be rooms with THAT view, but can't there be a way to perhaps charge less for those rooms? The $22 resort fee per night used to be a choice and is now mandatory. The room was spacious and clean for the most part, although it did look like the bathroom countertop had not been wiped down either day. We sat at the bar for quite some time, I waved at one of the bartenders and he ignored me and just kept talking to one of the other bartenders. When we finally did get service, they must have all forgot to put their personalities on both days because it was underwhelming to say the least. The food was good overall when we ate there. The cocktail servers didn't not seem to be happy either. Just observing them you could see that their energy wasn't high, I tipped one every time she brought me a drink (including water) and she could barely say thank you. Sometimes we all have a bad day, but when the staff overall has that kind of demeanor, it takes away from the experience. I do have to say that the concierge was friendly and efficient. It's too bad we had this experience because I have been a Hard Rock fan since the early early 90's, and our next visit will most likely be somewhere else.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on an upper floor....we were on the 4th floor and the mountain view, well...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RosieA428

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,068)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

This hotel was off the strip but still convenient to whatever your needs. The rooms were well appointed. The staff was very friendly and eager to please. The casino was less crowded than others. We tried most of the restaurants and they were all good. Very enjoyable stay. Will stay here again.

Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I would like to say that I had an amazing experience and that staying at the Hard Rock Hotel made my trip to Vegas the best it could possibly be. Through the help, suggestions, and advice of Eloy our trip was made. His invaluable help is a major reason why I enjoyed my stay so much. He is a high quality and beneficial member of your team. Through all of my travels I have not met someone who is so willing to go above and beyond for a guest. I thank him greatly. All of my positive experiences at the Hard Rock will bring me back here next time. The Vibe was very cool, young and unpretentious. The rooms were nice and spacious with comfortable amenities. The views are amazing of the strip, pool and mountains. I will highly recommend this hotel to all of my friends and plan on returning here myself.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Hard Rock M, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 1 January 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback during your recent trip to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and I will assure you the comments are shared. We take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service.

If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This place needs to work on the basics. They lack customer service, job knowledge, and can't provide basic services to guests. The food quality at Luckys Resturant is terrible for what they charge. Breakfast for 3 people was $58 not including tip. ( two egg entrees and 1 bowl of cereal).

The hotel now charges a resort fee of $22 per room per day for internet and hotel gym use. The internet is not user friendly and has to be logged onto and signed into everytime you use the internet. The hotel gym is very small but clean.

We stayed in the HRH tower which has a seperate hotel lobby from the Hard Rock Hotel. However there is only one person staffed at the front desk at all times so you constantly have to wait in line. Checkin took over 20 minutes and we were the only people in the lobby at 3am. The front desk clerk had no clue how to check us in and had to call someone on the phone to get us checked into the room. The hotel put two credit holds against our credit card, one for $1218 and one for $872. Even though it was a mistake it can't be undone. That credit they are holding is not available for your use for days. The room rates were different than what we were quoted and took the entire stay to straighten out. Finally after we checked out they adjusted and credited our credit card for the correct room rates.

Housekeeping did not clean our room the first day and it was after 5pm the second day (after we called them) to come clean the room.

We were never given apologies or any explanations to their actions or lack of, just the usual "ok someone will take care of it". These employees are now trained to work for a pay check and not work for the customer or servicing the customer! There are plenty of hotels that are on the strip that have better customer service and a better location than this place. Won't be staying at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Room Tip: Corner Kings (Rooms that end with 01) in the HRH tower are closer to the elevator and have more wind...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Goodeats68
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the delayed check-in process and credit hold. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

Rather than an itemized bill for each service or amenity utilized by our guests, The Resort Fee is a wonderful package which grants our hotel guest’s access to the Fitness Center, shuttle service from the Hard Rock to the Fashion Show Mall during designated business hours, parking, notary service, daily newspaper, printing of boarding passes, Wi-Fi and unlimited local, long distance, and toll-free calls.

Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

We had all our belongings stolen from beside the pool hidden under some towels. Within 15 mins of it being taken I notified security who informed me we misplaced it. I asked them too look at security cameras which were fixed right on our spot and they refused. We then went inside to security office and reported it. We then asked for them too let us in our room so would could cancel our bank cards and phones. They refused because we didn't have i.d which we had just finished explaining had been stolen. After about 45mins we were able to convince then to let us in so we could get our passports and show them who we were! The following day we left the room and after returning we were locked out. Whilst I went down too try get access to room my mate went back too security office to see if our stuff was found anywhere. I told them we had been locked out and they said that's because our cards was cancelled and went on to explain what happened again. I then said I would go up and get another credit card too pay and try said that they couldn't let me in till I payed, I then just repeated I can't pay till they let me in too get my card. Getting nowhere I asked for the manager which again was the same bloody result! Getting nowhere there I left and went back to security where my mate was, I told him what had happened, he then said he would go and pay with his card he had on him. I then asked security if they would let me in the room while he went and paid. While I waited up there, security came and I said you here to let me in and he said no I'm here too escort you down stairs! We met two other groups that had there stuff stolen and were told it was misplaced! Therefore I'm led too believe that the hotel are involved in it
On the plus side they have very comfy beds! So stay here at your own RISK!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Rowielee
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 December 2012

The Hard Rock hotel is my favorite hotel in Las Vegas. I've stayed at all the "high end" hotels over the years, but the ambience at HRH is the best. I love the music, the rooms, the whole vibe. Each person that works there is nicer than the next.

I took my son there for his 21st Birthday. Needless to say, he loved it too.

The best part...
...if you need your morning coffee, like I do, piping hot, their room service is all over it. Usually when you get room service coffee it's luke warm at best. Not at the HRH! Perfecting piping hot. For that matter so was my oatmeal.

I was randomly upgraded to the Paradise Tower when I checked in. Great room!

You won't be disappointed at The Hard Rock!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Toronto
Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the HRH tower. The rooms were great! Beautiful and spacious. We were there with our 11 yr old son and I was worried about the party reputation of the Hard Rick but I think it must be a seasonal thing. It was very quiet in the rooms and the casino.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family