“Good Hotel”

Ranked #76 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Toronto, Canada
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed in the Casino Tower Dec 25-28. At check in they were nice enough to upgrade us to a two-queen room because we originally had only a king and we wanted separate beds. The room was on the second floor so it did not have any view at all, except to part of the sand-beach lagoon pool which I thought was beautifully landscaped, however, I wish I could have had a better view. Also, the rooms were OK, not as much as I expected from a Hard Rock Hotel though. Music in the lobby was pretty loud and too much for me as I am not a huge fan of rock music but the rooms were quiet which was greatly appreciated. We had breakfast every morning at Fuel and we dined at Mr. Lucky's and I thought the food was great, especially at Mr. Lucky's and the service was quick and courteous; everywhere in the hotel. We also had to call the concierge a couple of times because of problems with the internet and they responded right away and helped us fix it. On the other hand, the internet is completely useless, our username would not work and sometimes it connected sometimes not.... Regarding the resort fee, we knew about it already so it was not a surprise, but it does seem like a lot of money, especially since the internet was so bad and I wasn't going to make any long distance call....
My major down side was the shuttle to the Fashion Mall. The hotel really needs to organize this somehow. The shuttle is very small, only carries 20 people and there is always more than that waiting for it. The first day we were late so we could not get in and they provided us with 2 taxis, ours belonged to the hotel and they did not charge which we appreciated. However on the second day we went down half an hour before and were the 2nd ones in line and once the shuttle came everyone that had come after us pushed and shoved trying to get in and did not respect any line at all. I mean, come on people! We got in but a couple that had come just after us had to stay because the last ones to come in found their way in. I just don't think people should go through the stress of having to fight, push and shove while on vacation because of other people's lack of respect for anything, so yes, the hotel should at least find a way to organize those lines. And definitely it is not within walking distance of the strip, by car it seemed like 15 minutes and walking the strip is tiring enough to also walk from the hotel to the strip, but cabs are only $10-$15.
Overall, it is a good hotel but I think it is too far from the strip so if I ever go back to Vegas I might stay somewhere else that's closer.

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback during your recent trip to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us, and the dining options offered by the hotel. We take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service.

Rather than an itemized bill for each service or amenity utilized by our guests, The Resort Fee is a wonderful package which grants our hotel guest’s access to the Fitness Center, shuttle service from the Hard Rock to the Fashion Show Mall during designated business hours, parking, notary service, daily newspaper, printing of boarding passes, Wi-Fi and unlimited local, long distance, and toll-free calls.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the challanges faced regarding our shuttle service and internet in the room. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

We are committed to providing the highest level of service to create lasting relationships with our guests. It is our genuine hope that you provide us with an opportunity to surpass expectations on a future visit. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,015)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

The Hrh Tower at the Hard Rock Las Vegas is an amazing place to stay. The service is wonderful and the rooms are so clean and spacious. I would recommend staying there to all of my friends and family. I will definitely stay there the next time I visit Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Hrh tower is amazing and I would recommend a pool view on the 14th floor or above.
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Just got back from Las Vegas, stayed at the Hard Rock and it was great !! Everyone at the hotel was friendly and very helpful. Check in was a breeze and the room was very nice with super comfortable beds. I really like that it was not that big of a property, so getting from your room to the lobby/casino/shops and bars was very quick, and not a 5 mile hike. The only down side is that it is not on the strip, but it very easy to get a taxi to strip. It was my daughter's (she is 22) 1st trip to Vegas and Hard Rock was her favorite Hotel/Casino.

California City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

My friends and I escaped to Vegas for the weekend and had a great time. We loved the Hard Rock!! We were offeed an upgrade to a larger room and we spit the cost. We had a pool table and an amazing view of the strip hotels. We were less than a five minute walk to the strip but spent most of our time at the Hard Rock. I loved Pink Taco. Chips, salsa, guac and excellent drinks.

Room Tip: Ask about upgrading to the suite with the pool table. Not that expensice and a lot of fun.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
manhattan beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Low price corner room with excellent view of Strip & pool. Clean & very comfortable bed. Room quality & condition high. Room service meal fast. Public areas like elevators, restrooms & halls very well taken care of.

Left key inside & staff very nice about replacing. Also good reversing charge of accidental pay-per-view selection. Culinary Dropout restaurant very good service & bowl of mussels.

Only there 2 nights, but have recommended to several friends.

Room Tip: Get corner suite, nice view of strip.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Although I was only in Vegas for 48 hours on business (June 2011), I absolutely loved HR. The room was peaceful, clean, perfect temperature, and the best beds i've ever slept in. The only thing I don't like about the resort hotels are the additional "resort fees" you pay daily which can be as high as$19 / day. It is in a great location on the strip, about 10-12 minutes from the airport, and has plenty of entertainment. It seems Vegas is always cheaper during the week lol so the next time I go will def be during the week and for vacation :) The hotel also has a Pink Taco and a 24 hour diner and the prices were pretty good...especially for Vegas lol.

Room Tip: The higher up...i'm sure the more peaceful... But I had no problems.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Alishia G
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

My husband and I went to see the Eagles concert and he has always prefered the Hard Rock Hotel over the hotels on the strip. We paid for a King bed, and when we checked in they told us that they only had two queens, however they were only double beds, not Queen, and that when we asked for a King it was only a request, it doesn't mean they will have one.. So much for a romantic getaway! We had a mountain view room, however we didn't see any mountains just the side of a white building, that was the view. I realize that there will be rooms with THAT view, but can't there be a way to perhaps charge less for those rooms? The $22 resort fee per night used to be a choice and is now mandatory. The room was spacious and clean for the most part, although it did look like the bathroom countertop had not been wiped down either day. We sat at the bar for quite some time, I waved at one of the bartenders and he ignored me and just kept talking to one of the other bartenders. When we finally did get service, they must have all forgot to put their personalities on both days because it was underwhelming to say the least. The food was good overall when we ate there. The cocktail servers didn't not seem to be happy either. Just observing them you could see that their energy wasn't high, I tipped one every time she brought me a drink (including water) and she could barely say thank you. Sometimes we all have a bad day, but when the staff overall has that kind of demeanor, it takes away from the experience. I do have to say that the concierge was friendly and efficient. It's too bad we had this experience because I have been a Hard Rock fan since the early early 90's, and our next visit will most likely be somewhere else.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on an upper floor....we were on the 4th floor and the mountain view, well...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple