“Best Vegas Trip Ever”

Ranked #76 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
maxsmama05
“Best Vegas Trip Ever”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Customer service was excellent, and even though we got to the Hard Rock before check in time, the lines were short and our room was ready.

The spa was more than I could have asked for, everything was top notch.

Even though it is off the strip, only about a ten minute walk. All the luxury is here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback during your recent trip to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. I greatly appreciate your excellent comments regarding your team member interactions and Reliquary Spa experience. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service.

We are committed to providing the highest level of service to create lasting relationships with our guests. It is our genuine hope that you provide us with an opportunity to surpass expectations on a future visit. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,033)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The Hard Rock, if you love Rock and Roll, is still a fun place to visit. A while ago this was a trendy, top notch resort, and although maybe still trendy for concerts, and pool parties?, the service and food has slipped a bit. I think what really surprised me was that the food at the sit down restaurants and cafes were bad, not even bland - just not very good. Having stayed at other resorts in LV, this is one of the things that always stood out - the quality of food, and nowhere was the food fresh or even tasty in the least. The service was very uneven with the bell service and length of time to check in a big negative, but it was a slow week, so maybe they were just understaffed. The rooms are still very nice, and the pool (s) are great, just not sure why they can't make a better attempt at service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for service and quality you experienced at our restaurants and bell staff. I have forwarded your comments to our Guest Services and Food & Beverage managements to investigate and corrected the reported issues. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.
MO
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We stayed at the HRH in 2010 and had a GREAT experience. Great suite, no problems with any of the things I am about to mention.

The room was nice, I will say that. (Room 11525 in HRH Tower) Although it took us a few attempts to actually get a King Room like we had reserved. Not sure why the front desk would assure us it was a King room and let us go all the way upstairs and open the door to see two queen beds (Room 10803 has 2 Queen beds, not a King). :/

First morning (9:30-ish) - drunk guy passed out on the couch near the elevators. No shoes, no shirt...no problems? I'm not even sure if he was a hotel guest. The security was not always at his post by the elevators and even when he was, we were never asked for ID to show we were staying there like at other hotels.

Smelled smoke in the hallway & looked outside to see another guest smoking right outside my door. ick.

Housekeeping Service was hit & miss and you never knew what time they were coming. Oh - and they were standing out in the hall chatting with the guy who was smoking. hmm. We were NOT on a smoking floor, so I'm wondering why the staff allowed him to just stand there and smoke.

We noticed a bottle of Smart Water (the $15 ones) on the counter one day when we returned to the room. We thought maybe our friends left it there, but were a little worried it was from the mini bar (and weren't thirsty enough to pay $15 for it!), so we called the front desk to ask. They told us it wasn't from the mini-bar. We just left it there, but when we went to check out, they charged us for that darned bottle of water! The weird thing is that it was sitting on the counter - not on the mini bar sensor AND no one had been in our room to see whether we drank it or not. Soooo how did they come up with this charge??

The Nirvana Pool was nice - and fairly quiet - which we like. The Rehab pool was pure chaos and a little intimidating. Too many drunk 20-somethings... just looked prime for a huge fight to break out. Several police officers were standing by, but were probably out-numbered 100-1. Not exaggerating.

The only problem was the SUPER SLOW bartenders who were a little too smug for me. They would stand there chatting with each other while the line got longer and longer. When they finally did ask for my order, it was like I was bothering them so much just to open a few bottles of beer. And the bottled waters are $15 and big mixed drinks are $30. Yes, $30. I know it's Vegas, but come on!

Trying to get into the Rehab pool was a total mess. We had to go back into the hotel, stand in line, show an ID AND a room card for EVERY person in our group. If you plan to go, don't forget everyone's room key. It's $25 on Sundays. Not worth it, in my opinion. But we aren't the college-aged, let's get trashed by 11 am crowd either.

Came back 2nd night to see a crowd of 8-10 guys standing at the end of our hallway in a plume of smoke - just standing there smoking like it was a nightclub. gross. Called security - but it was too late. Our room reeked. Someone came up while we were gone and put a humidifier in our room. Not an air purifier - a humidifier. ummmm... interesting attempt.

In the end, after complaining about the smoke and getting the bottled water charge reversed, they comped our resort fees for the entire weekend. We decided in the future we will pay a little more for a room at a classier hotel and hopefully avoid some of the "riff-raff" that comes with the HRH.

A few tips:
1. Don't walk to the strip. It looks like it's not very far, but it's not the nicest neighborhood and a cab is less than $10 to Planet Hollywood.
2. The cab lines can look SUPER long, but we never waited longer than 5-10 minutes for a cab.
3. Go to CVS directly across the street to get snacks, water, sunscreen, etc and avoid paying the crazy prices at the hotel. There's a Subway across the street too.
4. It only takes about 10 minute cab ride from the airport, but give yourself at least 2 hours before your flight to check in, etc. We had a 7:20 am flight and left the hotel at 5:30 and had enough time to have a quick breakfast.
5. Cabs only pick up & drop off at hotels. If you need a cab, you won't be able to hail one from the street. Go into a hotel and look for the cab lines signs.
6. If you want a Cabana by the Nirvana pool, someone told us they might negotiate with you. Someone told us it's normally $400 - but they negotiated down to $250. Then that $250 is applied to your drink costs. The cocktail waitresses ONLY serve the people at the cabanas, so don't bother trying to flag one down unless you have a cabana!

I hope this helps! Next time we are looking at staying at the Aria.

Room Tip: HRH Tower 11525 King room, lots of space, faces Mountains & end of the strip
3 Thank Be_as_you_are
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the problems regarding other guests smoking near your room and pool related inconveniences. I have communicated your comments to our housekeeping and security departments to further review our standards and procedures with our team members. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

At Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, we take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service. We wish to discuss this further, please feel free to discuss it with us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We have ten people staying at Hard Rock for 4 days in April, 2013. I have been to Las Vegas for many times and I had no complain about the hotels except this one. The washroom floor was dirty. There was a moss flying in the washroom. The shower faucet was not strong enough. You barely could get hot water. My friend's room had no shower gel and hair dryer. The closet that I could hang clothes was so dirty that I had to clean it first. There was no shower cap. The only thing I appreciated was that the front desk person helped us to print out boarding pass. However, I will never come back to this hotel and I won't recommend to my friend as well. We are all very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank lamb l
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the room condition you encountered at your check in. Please know this is far below our standards and not something we take lightly. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping management to further investigate your inconvenience and take corrective actions. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Let me be clear starting off that I stayed at the Hard Rock for work and my company paid for my room so I don't know how much was spent per night on accommodations. Let me also say that I am not a fan of Las Vegas in general, so my review is a bit biased.

What I will say is that I was impressed with the entrance and the "wow" factor when you walk in. No surprise, there's a large casino/gaming floor steps from the entrance, but the lobby area with the bright lights and music-centric themes are exciting when you first walk in.

I spent 3 nights at Hard Rock and even had our work meetings in a small meeting room on the third floor (which was both unimpressive and freezing the entire time).

Aside from the meeting room, I walked around the majority of the hotel and got to see quite a bit. I ate and drank and most every (overpriced) restaurant on-site and enjoyed the people watching as I sat outside. The food is unremarkable and the beer selection is laughable (specifically at Pink Taco). The service is just so-so.

The best thing about this hotel was the bed - WOW! It was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on (and I travel quite a bit). I was super impressed with the bedding and the comfort. The other really awesome thing about this room was the size; it was huge! Very impressive, considering.

The worst thing about my room was the dark, black dungeon-like bathroom. It's weird. It makes me feel like I should shoot up heroin and smash a guitar on the ground...although I suppose that's the point, after all. The other thing I hated was that NONE of the windows open. Even in New York City, hotel room windows open just a crack to let fresh air in.

One note about the wall-length photo at the end of the hallway near the elevator. If I remember correctly, it's a picture of Keith Richards slitting his wrists (or making of motion of slitting his wrists). Totally bizarre; I could have done without seeing that. Is that what they consider art?!

I can't say whether or not I would return because I didn't go to Vegas on my own accord to begin with, but if I had to return, I would enjoy staying at this property.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ChicagoCityDweller
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for your experiences at our restaurants. I have forwarded your comments to our food and beverage management regarding quality and selection. I greatly appreciate your comments regarding your spacious room and comfy bed. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This was our third stay in a Vegas suite and our favorite so far! As a 30 something this was right up our alley. Not too party, Not too lame. We had a standard King suite in the HRH tower and it beat the pants of the suite we had at Paris. I especially loved the built in music hub that was hired wired into the room speakers and allowed you to chose from popular rock and pop toons. We blasted the Whitesnake! Hadn't heard that in years.Pools were fantastic! Highly recommend the Pink Taco and Culinary Dropout for restaurants. Prices were extremely reasonable and the food was great!

I gave four stars instead of 5 because of the following: Gaming areas were small, and don't count on being offered a cocktail unless you are playing table games. We mostly play penny slots and were approached about 1/12 times. Drinks are extremely pricey! Paid $30 for a large frozen drink at the pool and not even a buzz (not a big person, or big drinker and I typically get buzzed from a half glass of wine). There are no refrigerator, microwaves, or coffee-pots in the room so plan on spending $4 for a cup of coffee each morning. Yes, there is a mini-bar in the room, but unless you want to $4.50 for a bottle of soda, I wouldn't depend on that. I would expect a suite to at least have a coffee pot.

Overall, I would highly recommend. It was a great stay!

1 Thank Amy S
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. I greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about our HRH rooms and our in room music dock and stereo system. I have also forwarded your comments regarding our pool servers and drink portions to our Beachlife management to review and correct our standards with our poolside team members. The feedback is greatly appreciated and I will assure you the comments are shared with each appropriate department. We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves.

If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us directly at contactus@hrhvegas.com.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I had never stayed at the hard rock before, so I was excited. Everything was great. The bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to wake up. The decor was nice. There was a really cool sound system in the room, so I could connect my ipod. And the bathroom was probably my favorite part! Huge shower and bathtub, I loved it.
The only problem I had was there was no coffee maker I the room. I had to go all the way downstairs and across the entire building to the cafe to get some.
But I will defiantly be back

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. The feedback is greatly appreciated and I will assure you the comments are shared with each appropriate department. I have forwarded your coffee machine comments to our housekeeping and food and beverage management to see if a new standard and solution can be initiated. We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves.