“Probably wouldn't come back unless I got a great deal.”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #75 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First off, let me start by saying that I have stayed at a lot of hotels, just not documented in my trip advisor as I want to keep things fresh and only review what I do as of recent. So when I talk about service, it's with the basis that I know when I've had great service, and I know when I've had terrible service, and somewhere in its own category is Vegas with all its exceptions. And despite the experience I had at MGM (thankfully was fixed, but still, horrible at the time), this one was the worst. The reception really should be reviewed. Yes we know you work in Vegas, you see hundreds to thousands of people a day, but if you are the first and last faces we see, we will remember you! They failed to mention things that were included in our room, how things were going to be billed, NOTHING. Its as if they were herding cattle, in and out. No personal touch, no care to explain anything. I give this review an average because of them alone.

As far as the hotel, it is for those who may not want to venture too far from their hotels. The pool is definitely a party scene on the weekend with the dj, and all types of shopping for those with the hard rock style. Nobu restaurant and culinary dropout are definitely note worthy, but with it being about a 4 minute cab ride (and the dollars add up) you might want to reconsider your venue if you want your Vegas experience. I went with family not knowing too much about the trip to begin with, and over the weekend my parents (who aren't OLD but probably weren't suited for the hotel) had the most difficult time sleeping due to the constant noise levels. Not the hotels fault, just noting. That and the sink and bath drainage were just terrible. Run some drano sometime! The vanity was out of date and the bathroom looked like it hadn't been properly cleaned. All in all...if I were with a big party group and just wanted to be there for a concert or the pool and didn't want to go to the strip unless absolutely necessary...then sure. But the guest service was just so distasteful. I wouldn't make this on my list of recommendations to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We arrived, late flight from San Fransico, to hotel at 2.00 on the night between Friday 21st/Sat 22nd of June.
When we opened the doors into the hotel, I just could not believe what I saw. Full party inside, 2 pole dancing girls 30 meteres from reception and party, party , party.
We had a 13 year old daughter with us and I tried to cover her eyes when entering.
calm.

Hotel though very big and rooms very calm.

Nice pool areas but most restricted to party people.

Not perfect for family but in general good quality.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from pool area. It is better to see desert than listening to party in pool ar...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Loved this hotel just a 5minute walk off the strip. Our room overlooked the strip in the distance so ask for a city view room. Pools are great also. Will stay here next time we hit vegas. Dont be put off by its location its just a short walk to the strip

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank 825barry
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

This was the first stop to our honeymoon and we are quite a young couple so though hard rock would be ideal. It is miles away from everything so you need taxis the staff are very rude and there is zero customer service. The pool was great that's my only positive however only 2 of the pools were open even on the 4th and the place was busy as there was a beer pong tournament on. We spent most if our time at other things. We saw O at the Bellagio that was amazing!!! We saw pen and teller in the Rio that hotel is beautiful but miles away also. We went in a sunset helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon which was beyond amazing! ( if you get motion sickness be very wary) I was fine but on the way back it's dark so my husband felt a bit green. Shopping is good but better in the outlets.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I used to stay in the Paradise Tower each time I booked a room but the HRH Tower has taken over. I really enjoy the King Pool Suites on the top level floors; great strip and pool views. HR gets it close to perfect for being an off the strip hotel/casino, but they keep missing a few vital things every stay. Just seems like its struggling on the "off" days which is poor if they want to keep up with their strip counterparts.

Room Tip: HRH Tower - Pool Side (9+floor or higher). Eat at Lucky's!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LanceVegasRealtor
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here because of the great deal we received. I'm glad we did. The rooms were very modern, fairly spacious and clean. The bathroom was regular size but a huge soaker tub. Would have like to of had two sinks in the bathroom, but not a big deal.
There were a lot of different restaurants to choose from, all of them were good!
All the memorabilia was incredible to look at.
Elevators worked all the time.
There were 3 main pools, two with sandy beaches. I liked them a lot. Though we never got served once in 4 days. We had to get up and get our own.
I don't gamble but the casino wasn't huge. Plenty of room, but not huge.
It was a 30ish minute walk to the strip. They do have shuttles that leave to the strip every hour on the hour, but it was faster to walk. It was a super quick ride to the airport.
Overall, I liked the hard rock hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kkroe77
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Only stood there for a night and a half, didn't use any of its amenities because my goal in Vegas was to visit the dam and the canyon. However, beds are very comfortable and service is efficient. Be prepared to pay extra-fees because for them , the money you paid for reservation is not enough

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family