“Rock´n´Roll All Night”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #78 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed four days at the Hardrock, maybe one too much. We did not get the room we wanted (although got a discount, which was nice!) and we had to "share" the lovely music from the pool all day. Just coming in from Germany that wasn´t exactly the way to survive the jetlag. We should have known better and put this party place at the end of our trip. Besides that, the rooms were clean, the service great, the fitness center excellent. The music was great as you expected from a hotel with a name like this. Loved it! Especially in combination with the "Heineken Promo Week" at the bar... just 3 bucks for a bottle. fair enough. Shuttle to the mall is always on time, drivers are friendly. Can´t be recommended for families because especially at weekends the hotel/casino is packed with spring/summer/whatever breakers! Can highly recommend the pink taco restaurant. great mexican food, although the bonito michoacan at south decatur blvd is a little better (and cheaper). Joerg and Alina (Soest/Germany)

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool side rooms in the summer! the techno "music" will drive you crazy...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joergstaude
Write a ReviewReviews (8,868)

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love Las Vegas, this was my second time there, and thankfully the rest of the trip was awesome because this hotel SUCKED. I guess I shouldn't say the hotel sucked, it was fairly nice and clean, the beds were awesome, and the room spacious. The staff at this hotel completely ruined the experience for me. I've never been talked down to or treated so terribly by people in the "service industry" in my whole life. These people act annoyed they have to help you, like you're inconveniencing them by asking simple questions. There seems to be no management whatsoever, and the bell desk was even worse than the registration desk! I complained about the very extensive wait it took for someone to even arrive at the bell desk and acknowledge our existence....we had a plane to catch and at one point, someone went behind the desk, looked at us waiting, and went in the back again. After another ten minutes or so, two employees came out of the back joking and laughing and finishing their story before acknowledging us. When I complained, the guy actually had the nerve to snap at me and tell me there was NO WAY I had waited very long at all. No apology, just contradicted us as customers. We also heard one of the employees in the Culinary Dropout restaurant at the hotel say to a coworker "it's embarrassing to work here." I can't say I blame him, I'd be embarrassed too, only maybe I wouldn't say it within earshot of a customer. TERRIBLE, AWFUL, just HORRIBLE customer service. OH, and they don't mention you have to give them a TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR DEPOSIT TO STAY THERE!NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jess W
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First off, let me start by saying that I have stayed at a lot of hotels, just not documented in my trip advisor as I want to keep things fresh and only review what I do as of recent. So when I talk about service, it's with the basis that I know when I've had great service, and I know when I've had terrible service, and somewhere in its own category is Vegas with all its exceptions. And despite the experience I had at MGM (thankfully was fixed, but still, horrible at the time), this one was the worst. The reception really should be reviewed. Yes we know you work in Vegas, you see hundreds to thousands of people a day, but if you are the first and last faces we see, we will remember you! They failed to mention things that were included in our room, how things were going to be billed, NOTHING. Its as if they were herding cattle, in and out. No personal touch, no care to explain anything. I give this review an average because of them alone.

As far as the hotel, it is for those who may not want to venture too far from their hotels. The pool is definitely a party scene on the weekend with the dj, and all types of shopping for those with the hard rock style. Nobu restaurant and culinary dropout are definitely note worthy, but with it being about a 4 minute cab ride (and the dollars add up) you might want to reconsider your venue if you want your Vegas experience. I went with family not knowing too much about the trip to begin with, and over the weekend my parents (who aren't OLD but probably weren't suited for the hotel) had the most difficult time sleeping due to the constant noise levels. Not the hotels fault, just noting. That and the sink and bath drainage were just terrible. Run some drano sometime! The vanity was out of date and the bathroom looked like it hadn't been properly cleaned. All in all...if I were with a big party group and just wanted to be there for a concert or the pool and didn't want to go to the strip unless absolutely necessary...then sure. But the guest service was just so distasteful. I wouldn't make this on my list of recommendations to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We arrived, late flight from San Fransico, to hotel at 2.00 on the night between Friday 21st/Sat 22nd of June.
When we opened the doors into the hotel, I just could not believe what I saw. Full party inside, 2 pole dancing girls 30 meteres from reception and party, party , party.
We had a 13 year old daughter with us and I tried to cover her eyes when entering.
calm.

Hotel though very big and rooms very calm.

Nice pool areas but most restricted to party people.

Not perfect for family but in general good quality.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from pool area. It is better to see desert than listening to party in pool ar...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Loved this hotel just a 5minute walk off the strip. Our room overlooked the strip in the distance so ask for a city view room. Pools are great also. Will stay here next time we hit vegas. Dont be put off by its location its just a short walk to the strip

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank 825barry
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

This was the first stop to our honeymoon and we are quite a young couple so though hard rock would be ideal. It is miles away from everything so you need taxis the staff are very rude and there is zero customer service. The pool was great that's my only positive however only 2 of the pools were open even on the 4th and the place was busy as there was a beer pong tournament on. We spent most if our time at other things. We saw O at the Bellagio that was amazing!!! We saw pen and teller in the Rio that hotel is beautiful but miles away also. We went in a sunset helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon which was beyond amazing! ( if you get motion sickness be very wary) I was fine but on the way back it's dark so my husband felt a bit green. Shopping is good but better in the outlets.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I used to stay in the Paradise Tower each time I booked a room but the HRH Tower has taken over. I really enjoy the King Pool Suites on the top level floors; great strip and pool views. HR gets it close to perfect for being an off the strip hotel/casino, but they keep missing a few vital things every stay. Just seems like its struggling on the "off" days which is poor if they want to keep up with their strip counterparts.

Room Tip: HRH Tower - Pool Side (9+floor or higher). Eat at Lucky's!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business