“Amazing Hotel! Here for Mötley Crüe concert!”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
Ranked #74 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Louisville, Kentucky
“Amazing Hotel! Here for Mötley Crüe concert!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had an amazing experience at the Hard Rock Hotel. We checked in no problem. Our 1st room was on the 5th floor in the HRH tower which was gorgeous with the best bed I've ever slept in! If you stay here, you got to stay in the HRH tower! Our view was of the parking garage, but it's not like we stayed in the room with the drapes open. The staff was very friendly. My only regret was requesting to be moved to a smoking room on the 14th floor. Even though it was the same layout and same side, it just seemed "worn". Several things didn't work and it was hard too cool off during the day (well heat does rise). The view of the strip was amazing though! And the bed was still comfy. If you're a smoker, just get on the elevator and go down to the casino to smoke. Huge bathroom/ walkin shower/ deep tub. Our concierge, Esteban was fantastic! He was so awesome I actually remember his name! The shuttle to the strip was nice, considering we only came for the concert. Downside? Drinks are overpriced, but are free if gambling. We will definitely be back. We booked directly through the Hard Rock and not through a 3rd party travel site/agency, and we also called to verify our reservations/room.

Room Tip: Stay in the HRH tower!!!!! It's very clean and the rooms are big.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,079)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel and it won't be the last. The atmosphere is amazing and every single staff member I encountered was very nice and very helpful with the exception of one bartender. The room was great and the bed was amazingly comfortable. The selection of restaurants is top notch and there's a reason the pool is one of the top 10 in Vegas with literally thousands of people showing up on Sunday for Rehab. I love this hotel/casino and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The first time I stayed there I was in the Paradise Tower and this time I was in the Casino Tower an...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I booked a suite in this hotel six months before check in. The internet site that I booked through went bancrupt a month before I got there and I lost my money and the reservation. So I had to book again and pay again. That´s why I now only booked a regular room instead of a suite and got me a Hard Rock Rewards VIP membership, which I was hoping would get me a free upgrade. I was lucky and got the upgrade to a suite in the HRH Tower. At check in I was asked for a credit card and they put 200 dollars on hold for eventualities. I made clear that I am going to pay all expenses in cash at the end of the stay and that the card should NOT be charged with anything.
When we got to the room, the trash bins were missing, the fridge was broken and the shower water smelled of sulphur. There was also a big stain in the carpet. We reported that and the stain was cleaned, bins brought and also an extra fridge installed. The "suite" itself was nice, evn though it only had one toilet and one remote control for two TVs. We asked three times for a second remote but it never arrived. Room service can come in really late, around 5pm. Once, they forgot us alltogether and we had to call the reception twice to get service.
Conciege Esteban is very friendly and helpful.
The hotel of course has a big casino. We don´t gamble much but received a 10 dollar welcome bonus. I made 40 out of it and stopped. The casino dealer made a mistake and wanted to take all my chips after I put them on "red" and red won the roulette. But I got it back from the pit boss. They also gave my friend 20 instead of 10 dollar welcome bonus by mistake.
We had coupons as VIP members for discounts and one was a free sunbed at the pool. It was upgraded to a free cabana, because we were VIPs. So the membership payed by itself because of the room upgrade and extras. They add a lot of taxes to your food and drink bills, like 30% plus plus. And then the tips will be spilt so they ask you to leave something extra for an individual server. That way, a large cocktail can run you 40 dollars at the pool! Unfortunately, they closed half of the pool area without explanation, maybe there were not enough guests. But I expected to be able to use it, that´s why I decided for the Hard Rock because of the large pool area.
Huge disappointment: Security will not allow hotel guests to bring backpacks to the pool area! Where can you lock your valuables? I asked and of course the management will not be liable if something is stolen. And security is sleeping. My goggles were removed from the pool area while I was swimming and somebody even took a large sip from my drink!!!
I found the restaurants prizey as well but good quality, for example Fu, the Asian restaurant.
During check out, the bill was very difficult to understand. The total was less than I expected and I asked if that is really it because I insisted again of paying everything in cash. But checking my bank account I found out that they had charged my credit card with some of the charges. I did not authorize that. We had to call the supervisor after check out to get re-imbursed. The hotel is about 20 minutes walking distance from the strip and they have a free shuttle to the Fashion Show Mall. However, there were more guests wanting to get on the bus then it held seats. Again, the VIP card helps getting on. Cab to various points on the strip is around 15 dollars. I would probably not come again but chose a different hotel in the future.

1 Thank Countrybob
Pearland, TX
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was our 2nd visit to the Hard Rock in Las Vegas. It was last minute decision and we were able to book the Motley Crue hotel / ticket package for one night. We added on another two nights... We were booked into the Paradise Tower this time. Last time, we stayed in the HRH Suites. If I have to picked between the two, I would picked the HRH Suites. Nothing against the Paradise Tower as it was nice. I think we were just spoiled by the HRH. One thing about staying in the Paradise Tower is it is a long walk to your room from the main concourse. It's not bad... Actually is quiet, but if you are looking to stay more centrally located then choose the Casino Tower. The Paradise room was really nice. Spacious king room, bathroom and shower. Really nice shower! Bed was incredibly comfy. One of the best beds I have ever slept in... The only drawback that doesn't give the room a 5 star was what we found when we checked in... dust. It was obvious they hadn't clean the room or part fo the room in some time as dust had accumlated on the snack bar area of the counter. I immediately called guest services and was offered to move to another room or they could have housekeeping come up and clean the room. I opted to have housekeeping come up as we were going to go down and have lunch. The rep waived my resort fees for the night as an additional peace offering. By the time we got back, the room had been cleaned. Other than that, it was fine, well sort of. You would think that housekeeping would communicate with the front desk and say, we are cleaning the snack area. There is a sign that says "You will be charged if you remove an item." Well, as luck would indicate... my account the next day, suddenly had over $200 dollars in snack charges. Again, they waived the fees as the items had just been removed to clean and replaced once finished. No waiver of resort fees this time. Other than that, it was a good stay. We ate lunch at Mr. Lucky's, the first day... Tried the 7-7-7 meal ($7.77). Pretty good deal. You have to ask for it... It's not on the menu. Steak and shrimp meal. Concert was good at the Joint although, last year's concert was better by far. Didn't win this time, but still had fun. Drink service was spotty... Depended on where you were at and which bar waitress was working. One girl, Ami, was awesome, she kept bringing me drinks left and right. My wife and I have decided that when we come back, we will probably stay at the Hard Rock again as it seems to be more our speed. Again, we will look to book the HRH Suites since it is a bigger, spacious room and it has more amenities.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

As our first trip to Vegas, we booked with Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. Amazing staff, friendly check, only took a few minutes. They upgraded when they saw it was my dude's birthday. The room was great, comfortable bed, huge stand-up shower. The room was impeccable. The view of the strip at night was just fantastic. The whole experience was great.

Room Tip: The corner room we had was great. Beautiful site, can see directly at the strip! Had the 11th floor...
1 Thank erik e
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a great time. The shuttle is great and easy to use. The place was clean. Bed was great. And best of all no yukky vanilla smell throughout the place like at other places. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hengelo, Overijssel, Netherlands
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were looking forward to a visit to the Hard Rock hotel en casino in Las Vegas. At the check-in they could not find our reservation, the only thing they could find was a canceled reservation under my name, which was correct because the booking office we booked with was gone out of business. That we booked again we an other agency under the same name. The staff could not find the booking so I hat to go outside to call the booking agency, there is no reception at the check-in. The agency gave me the hotel Hard Rock hotel booking code so that they could find the booking and I went back to the check-in. Now he could find the booking and claimed that the name was misspelled, ????? I handed them the booking and he could have checked on all the possibilities. De next surprise is that the room (at 3:30 pm???) is not ready so we needed to wait another hour before we could go to the room on a Thursday?? No drinks were offered our any other compesation. Meanwhile other guest received their room without problems. When we went up to the elevators to the hotel room, our just made keys did not work. We hat to go back to the check-in to get new keys to be able to use the elevators. We received room 741 in the casino tower room looked okay but… One of the lamps would not switch off so we hat to unplug it. When we went to bad we found out that the bed is very bad. The matrass is so bad that it looks and feels like you are laying in a ditch. I had so much back pain that I needed painkiller whole day and for the sleep. We bathroom and the shower looked good but the shower did not get warm so we had to shower with cold water.
The staff is not service oriented and did not responded to our complains, I would never ever go to any hard Rock hotel again. Prices of drinks are overpriced and there is no good lock to find in the hotel so I recommend not to go to the hotel, the sign are not good. It is also to far from the strip and there is only a shuttle ones a hour.

Room Tip: Do not choice a room in the casino tower it is terrible. If you to spent a lot of money and be serve...
2 Thank EdwinOM
Hard Rock M, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the challenges at check-in, also the various inconveniences with the elevator, and room. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.