“Totally awesome”

Ranked #77 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Totally awesome”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I have absolutely nothing critical to tell about our stay. The hotel is great! Location is 15 min away from the heart of the Strip. On the 10th floor had a breathtaking view on Las Vegas. Rooms are big, clean and new looking. Sport facility is modern and convenient. Also in order to get to your floor one needs to use a hotel key, which gives an additional feeling of security. A classical Hard Rock quality.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,051)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went there with another couple and a friend. We thought it was a great place to stay but there are other places we like more.
Pros:
Great pool!!! We had a cabana and a bed and that's the way to do it. Weather was perfect pool is gorgeous.
Rooms are very spacious and are decorated super cool!
We ate at Nobu - excellent -, Culinary Dropout - delicious ( I had the fried chicken & it was to die for).
Mr. Lucky -convenient -

Cons:
There is no coffee in the room. That was terrible for me since you got to walk lots to get it or wait for room service and by the time you get it you are already awake- lol

We really wanted to eat at 35 Steaks. We checked in and ask if it was open and they said they close at midnight so we took out time to unpacked etc. When we got there they told us it was closed because they had few people. It was only 10.
We ended up eating across the street. :(
Overall its a very young crowd.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino is hands down the friendliest casino in Las Vegas. Everyone from the servers to the bartenders, bar backs, slot attendents, dealers and the entire staff treat us like celebrities. We are locals and this is the best place in town to visit. All the restaurants are top notch, priced fairly and really good. Service is excellent wherever you go and you don't have to fight the Strip traffic. Can't beat the concerts at the Joint or the usually free late night shows in Vinyl. For the best overall package in Las Vegas, do not miss out on the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. Rock your hearts out!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We flew in late and were only staying one night before our drive to CA. We went in the wrong side of the hotel (HRH side) but the guy at the front desk was super helpful and upgraded us so we didnt have to walk all the way across the hotel and casino with our 5 year old. The room was beautiful and we'll probably be back when we have an "adult trip"

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here because we were going to the Yes concert (by the way, The Joint - the concert venue- is amazing and will get high reviews from me there). All hotel staff were courteous. All staff are covered from head to toe and fingertips in tattoos and this is fine - it's a rock star feel and ambiance there. Even the bellcaptains look like Roadies and the cocktail waitresses poolside are in bikinis - nothing to designate them apart (my point is, it's sort of hard to distinguish staff from guests because all the guests look like staff and vice versa). Vegas is for partying, I get that. However, I have stayed at almost every hotel in Vegas and never seen a party atmosphere like this. And at no other hotel were about 99% of the guests aged (what looked like) 17 years old to 21 years old, tops. And all they do is walk around drunk and yell like adolescents do - 24/7. The pool party, Rehab, is a single's paradise- and again , for a younger crowd. They charge you to go $15/per person and everyone in that pool is about 18/19 years old and looking to hook up. It's a total singles scene. We went to Nirvanna pool (it was my boyfriend and me) and it was fine enough, still the majority of young folks partying.

What was disgusting was guests were allowed to smoke **IN** the pool . I can't believe lifeguards and staff allowed that. Do NOT get a room that overlooks the main pool where Rehab pool party takes place. You will be listening to DJ thumping music all day. Other helpful hints: do not try and walk to the strip - take a cab or drive. Hard Rock Hotel is QUITE a distance from the strip. The bathrooms are all black with low lighting and it's really hard to see anything in the bathroom, but the rooms are comfie with big down comforters and down mattresses. Our room was decent and clean. Housekeeping was stingy with towels. There were two of us and we asked for an extra set of towels on our second day because we didn't need housekeeping to service our room, just fresh towels , and she handed us one each and said she couldn't give us any more. We needed an extra one for stepping out of the shower. Valet guys were awesome - warm, gracious and fun. Overall , it was "ok", since we were going to the concert (we stayed for 3 nights), but I wouldn't stay there again. I would choose a hotel on the strip - one I know- where it's not quite such a 19 year old "hooking up" party atmosphere everywhere all the time.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room over the pool where the day party "Rehab" happens - you will be listenin...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BohemianCowgirl1
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at the HRH and received a great deal through Bookit.com (which due to the many goofs on their end, I will never do again). The suite was very modern and nice and look exactly as it did on their website. The beds were awesomely comfortable and our floor was quite and clean. The music paraphernalia around the hotel was pretty neat. The restaurants were great and the casino was not very lively probably considering we visited during the week. We were even allowed to check into our room early and the staff was very courteous and helpful.
We visited the Nirvana pool where the only place to sit for free was on the ground around the edge of the pool. If you wanted a lounger, you had to pay for one. It was supposedly a 21 and up pool yet it was hard to tell with the people next to us diving and throwing each other in four feet of water.
The only minor downsides was the lighting through the entire hotel including our room was very dim. Made it a bit tough during makeup application. And there was a lack of privacy with the glass separating the bedroom from the bathroom even thought there is a curtain to pull across. I'm guessing the dim lighting and lack of privacy goes along with the whole rock star experience?
The hotel is not on the strip and they do provide hourly shuttle service to and from the strip but only from 10am-5pm on a small bus and there were times where everyone waiting could not board and had to wait. It was obvious that there were people who were not guests at the hotel on board. They need a better system with that perhaps having to show a room key or making reservations even. A taxi ride to the strip was around 10.00 (more or less depending on traffic and where you were going on the strip) one way and there was always a taxi available.
The location would be the only reason that I would not stay again. If you are looking for a quite, comfortable stay away from the hustle and bustle of the strip, this would be the place.

Room Tip: We received a room on the 7th floor to which they stated would not have a view but we saw the strip...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Boise, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My daughter and I went to the Adam Lambert/Queen concert last month and decided that it would be easier to stay where the concert was since we had a 6am flight the next morning, so I made reservations. Before I start, I should mention that we had been staying at the Venetian for the prior part of our stay in Vegas and that although I can order off the senior menu at some restaurants, I wouldn't be considered a "senior" in the type of music I like. Since the Hard Rock is a little off the strip, it was very easy to get to by taking back streets and self-parking was a breeze. The check-in line was long....probably at least 25 guests....but, it moved fairly quickly and the employee checking us in was very nice. Since it was a Sunday night, the hotel's Rehab Pool Party was in full swing. I asked for a room away from the pool, but maybe that's not possible? I was told that our floor was high enough that we wouldn't hear it - wrong. I don't mind loud music at all, but the problem with this was that all you could hear (and feel) was the bass - no melody. So, for a few hours we heard that constantly....tried turning up the TV and it helped a little. I know that this hotel is known for being a party spot. The room was overall clean, except for an empty tube of, er, lubricant that I saw under the bed when I was looking for a plug-in. (The hotel's mini-bar comes equipped with a sex toy kit. Since I didn't check it out, I'm assuming that was included.) No doubt from the continued use of the room by partiers, the rug and furniture were worse for wear. The colors were black and red. The bathroom was basically all black....made me feel a little claustrophobic. It was very easy and quick to get to the airport. I was clearly not their typical guest....35 years too old, no tattoos, no body piercings, no fake boobs, no spray tans and sober. For that reason, I'm trying to be fair by giving it an average rating, even though I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family