This was the second time my boyfriend and I stayed at the Flamingo Hotel & Casino. The first time was in July 2009, we liked it so much we decided to come back in June 2011.
What we liked best:
We upgraded to the GO! room for an extra $30/night to get the upgraded room with a fridge, the room itself was spacious and clean with awesome views of the strip.
The pool is quite clean, though is too busy, but it has a great pool that gets lots of morning sun.
The location on the strip can't be beat, you are centrally located to head to the Fashion Show Mall or to the MGM end of the strip.
The breakfast buffet is fine the food is good but not worth the money, for an extra $2 go to planet hollywood where they have more variety and present things much nicer.
What we liked least:
Our biggest issue this time was that our room didn't just have an awesome view of the strip, you also heard the sounds from the strip. Our room was on the 21st floor and all night we could hear the bass from Pure Nightclub at Caesar's Palace. It was AWFUL, the music at Pure plays until about 430AM. Do not get a room on the strip. I wish when i was told I had a strip view that this was mentioned to me, while seeing the strip is nice, getting sleep on your vacation outweighs the view.
The parking garage elevators are dirty and did not make me feel safe to use them.
The carpets in the hallway to our room (21st floor) were dirty and stained and you felt like you were staying in a low class hotel.
The service at the casino one night was awful, in an hour we didn't see a waitress once even playing at a full table and spending a fair amount of money.
The line to check-in was outrageous. Thankfully, one of the hotel staff pointed us in the direction of the kiosk to check yourself in, likely saved us an hour of time waiting to check in. That line was unacceptable if you were not able to check-in using the kiosk.
We will not be staying at the Flamingo again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travelbag, Nozio Netplan srl, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino