“Good location and price”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #116 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Riga, Latvia
“Good location and price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in march 2011. Instead of deluxe room chose Go room( in higher floors), very nice and clean with modern design and amenities. Big TV, minibar, small TV in bathroom, Ipad dock station and comfy beds. Payed just 80$ for a DBL and for that price you get a central location, good bars and restaurants, free parking etc. Room service was decent.
Would recommend - upgrade to Go room.

Room Tip: GO Rooms are modern an in higher floors
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Andris B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,077)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We go to vegas every other month and find our selfs staying at the flamingo every single time. Great room prices, Very quiet. We always do the buffet pass who can beat that deal thats a must try. We normally dont go to vegas to stay in the rooms but they are clean and well you just need a place to put your clothes and take a shower who sleeps in vegas anyways? And the casino is great ive won some decent amount of cash there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Flower Mound, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Hi,
Just returned from a 48 hour whirlwind trip. I was comped both the Go view rooms and the Fab luxury rooms. I decided that since the rooms were new I would try the Fab. The room was completely redone except the ceiling over the bath tub was not repainted. This is a very basic room - nothing like the Go rooms. The bed is very comfortable, the linen was fresh and spotless. The floors do look cheap but were clean. Everything was good enough but to stay again I would definately go back to the Go rooms. If you are only comped this type of room then do not hesitate to try one.

Room Tip: If you are comped the Go rooms as well then these are not nearly as good
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank suebee6759
Enfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have stayed here numerous times while in Vegas, but this last time has me rethinking this. The Flamingo is in an awesome location, dead center of the action. When I say action I mean shopping....Flamingo is within decent walking distance of many good shops and malls.

The last few years I have stayed here have been good, the GO room I stayed in in 2009 was very clean and smelled great, for example. However, this last trip was a major disappointment.

The room was in an older section of the hotel, and was dirty, carpets stained, tile stained and cracked and hair in the bath. It smelled old. This last stay was the first time that I had a bad experience. The internet wifi charge is PER COMPUTER so for 2 laptops that we need for work it is double the price. When I questioned this with C/S they said no, it is for the room...not so, it is per computer.

The staff at check in have always been great to deal with, but the Total Rewards staff desk were very rude. (trust me I am not a rude person to deal with, I am very cordial, and the attitude of staff here was uncalled for)....that said, the bartenders were very friendly and so were the staff at the buffet. (Great Buffet BTW).

This makes me sad, I love the nostalgia of the Flamingo, the birds, the tacky decor. But I don't think I will be staying here again soon., though I will pop in for a cocktail or two.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, better yet, stay in a GO room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank HollywoodNIN
Glasgow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Travelled here with 7 girls hoping for 5 fun vegas days and nights and had we not been staying in this hotel then it may have been,

The hotel is much in need of a total re-furb, we stayed in 3 linked rooms all as disgustingly dirty as the next, the carpets in the room where repulsive the additional cot bed had clearly not been changed from the last occupant as there where sweet wrappers in the sheets ( suppose it could have been worse) asked for a change of rooms and after a 35 minute wait at reception the girls receptionist came back and told us it would be $125 per night extra !!! eeehhh no thanks all your rooms should be up to the same standard or at least clean .... So needless to say we spent as little time as possible in the hotel and used none of the facilities out of prinicipal which is a pity as the hotel is in a great location and is synonymous with Las Vegas.

Room Tip: try and book a go room or stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ton7

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Even I thought the room was worn out. I understand some rooms are renovated but will cost you more to stay in those rooms. My budget was what it was so I really shouldn't complain. The Margaritaville casino addition was cool. I felt cozy playing roulette and VP there. I wouldn't play BJ 'cuz of the lousy 6:5, which is the norm on the strip. I made some money making sports bets there too. The real attraction for staying there would be the location. And the cheap breakfast just next door at Bill's. Oh yeah, and Burger King inside O'Shea's has a soft cone for a buck.

Room Tip: Since the hotel itself is old, rooms with connecting doors are noisy. They have some non-connecting...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Carolina, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Ok, went here with my wife for Anniversary/Vacation for Feb 3 - Feb 10. First time to Las Vegas and I'd say it was an ok stay, but like in all places there’s up and downs. The Flamingo I'd say is an Ok hotel... not great... nor is it awful... its OK. Location is absolutely wonderful since you’re at walking distance to practically everything or if you don't want to walk much there’s the monorail stop behind the hotel (recommend the 24 hrs one, costs $12 pp).

So then, I work in a hotel so I look for certain things in service and I would say Flamingo personnel needs some work on that (excluding guest services and Total Rewards employees, they were helpful... and smiled)
Benjamin was the Front Desk Agent that attended us and well... ehhhh...
1) No eye contact, you should at least look at your guest in the eye... at least once,
2) SMILE, smiling goes along way in any hotel
3) Dude... I'm new to Las Vegas and to your hotel... we were the only couple there checking in.... talk to us about your hotel, something brief would suffice,

Ok now on to the room... I only care for 3 things in a room, hot water, nice bed, fluffy pillows. I don't care about broken lamps or small feathers or dust here n there. The room is to sleep in... its not my home so I don't know why ppl complain so much for the smallest things, We had plenty of towels, bed was always made up even though we told the HK to just clean the bathroom because we don't make a mess of the beds. So room was nice (it was a basic Deluxe Room) and had a beautiful view of the Caesars’' Palace.

Now then, breakfast buffet was amaaazing, big, lot to eat, waitresses and hosts very friendly there and always alert to see if we need refill for our drinks. I recommend checking the coupon books in the hotel and around the strip for a 25% off of price for up to 4 ppl. Price is 18.99 or 17.99 pp for breakfast, but if you join Total Rewards (which is free) its just 15.99 or 14.99 if I'm not mistaken. We had dinner here too and it was also great, Jesse makes a delicious Shrimp Pasta that you won't ever forget.

On to the shows, Nathan Burton I think was name of the comedy magician, that’s a nice show to see and also the comedian Vince Favorito is also good... if you can take a joke bcuz he talks to nearly everyone and starts joking bout you, but its all for fun, no insults or anything. If you wanna see girls then there’s the Burlesque X show shown daily at 10pm, I didn't watch it so I don't know if it’s good. Outside the hotel there are group of ppl giving cards of girls if you want an escort/hooker. Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam are a must if you haven’t seen them. I recommend searching for the Monorail Magazine (it has coupons and Tours in there at really cheap prices) we were able to go to Hoover Dam, a chocolate factory, and a Botanical Garden with Lunch Buffet included for just around $90 (for 2ppl). There’s also booths called Half Price that has tickets for shows in the strip… they are way cheaper then regular prices… but only like $20 or $30 off, not actually half priced, but something is something. Let’s see what else… Blue Man Group is also a must see show, they are amazing and it’s a funny show to watch, you will get a laugh out of it. Ahhh yes, fair warning for you couples out there reading this, there will be ppl asking the same thing, this is the protocol of questioning: Are you 2 married or living together? Until when are you in Vegas? Are any of you over 26 or 28 yrs old?
After saying yes to all of that then they’ll ask what show you want for free, buffets for free or restaurants for free… but they’ll need 2 to 3 hours of your time… it’s a Time Share presentation…. You can say no to them but they’ll keep pushing… and pushing…. And pushing….after like 50 agents and saying NO million times… then you’ll get the free stuff. It is really annoying that they don’t get it, but you can do that at least once… just get ready to say NO a million times… unless your really interested then Ok get the Time Share.

My biggest gripe of this hotel... they need better extractors... I visited other hotels and the cigarette smoke wasn’t that bad, but here... it was intoxicating... but worst is Harrah’s hotel also... there’s 0 oxygen in that casino. But if your a smoker then its paradise for you.

Bottom line, yes I recommend this hotel because it’s cheap, location is in middle of strip… but if you’re looking for luxury, your picky… then this is not the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view of Caeser's Palace, Breakfast Buffet a must.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple