“Why I Stay”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #120 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stay at the Flamingo Hotel when I visit Vegas because to me it is a working man's casino. It's not a huge casino or small, but just right so my wife can find me! They have reasonable betting tables, friendly staff and servers, the rooms are clean and its in the middle of the strip and the center of attention. I've stayed there about 12 times in my life and have yet to encounter a bad stay!

Room Tip: The Go rooms are affordable and ask for a room very close to the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve S
Write a ReviewReviews (32,818)

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Went to Vegas with three lifelong friends and chose the Flamingo mostly for the room rate. A lot of construction going on around the hotel, mostly outside but a little bit inside as well. Check in went pretty quick (about 20 minutes) although it looked like some people walking around behind the service counter weren't doing anything. We checked in at about 4pm. They did honor our request for rooms next to one another. Had to drag your bags through the casino to get to the elevators on the Habitat wing of the hotel. I thought that was a bit weird but I witnessed the same thing in a couple of other hotel/casinos too, so maybe it's a Vegas thing. Elevators were pretty quick. Room was very average with faux wood floors, outdated bathroom and TV that didn't work. But the beds were comfortable and really we didn't spend much time in the room while there. The hard floors were a bit of a problem in the morning when someone in the room directly above ours decided to put on high heels and prance around at about 830/900 AM. Casino was standard, pool looked awesome but was closed. Overall a good stay. If you don't care about the room then stay here. If you are trying to impress someone you may want to stay at an upper-tier hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Flamingo. I stayed at many hotels in Vegas. This was my first stay at the Flamingo. I was here on business/pleasure. The monorail is right behind the hotel. It is very convenient to travel to the Las Vegas Convention Center. It takes 10 minutes by monorail. The Flamingo is right in the center of the strip. Caesars is right across the street. The room was average. Not bad. The bathroom needed a little updating. The hotel had a good café for breakfast. I loved the bird sanctuary. If you want a great location and value, stay at the Flamingo.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank CindyFoscoG
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The Flamingo is one of the older Hotels on Strip, but for convenience its the best location for walking to the other Hotels, Caesars Palace, Mirage, Bellagio are all opposite, so if you are only staying for a few days you can visit hotel opposite, or if you turn left you can go right up to the Mandalay Bay Hotel which is at the top of strip, turn right you can go to bottom of strip to Stratosphere. As there are so many hotels to see if you stayed at the top of strip its a long walk back, or vice versa. Believe me we have stayed in both directions, and still go back to the Flamingo for convenience. Think of those poor old legs!!
Rooms are a bit dated, but very good value, much cheaper to stay than some of the other Hotels, also a very good restaurant attached 'Margarittaville' very good food and entertainment.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doris601
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have stayed at the Flamingo for years, mostly because of their pool. But their rooms in the past were terrible. But I kept returning only because of comps. Now, I have returned to a refurbished room their "GO " rooms. The rooms still need work. The bathrooms were still not up to par. Who still uses a stainless tissue box holder. The towel holder for fresh towels is kept in the shower, not outside so they keep dry. The work looked like hastily done. The carpet in the hallways were the worst. It had so many ripples, it looked like waves coming in off the ocean. The elevators were the next disaster. We had 4 times when the elevator doors would partially close, open and close several more times before closing. And no nothing was blocking the doors from closing as it was just 2 of us standing in the back. But then we had a scenario where the circuit board went blank and the elevator stopped. For 6 minutes we were just sitting there. The board with each floor went blank, couldn't even hit the alarm. The panel looks worn, and the tile on the floor was all broken up, like it was construction. Stay away from the poker room unless you want to lose. All the locals and some from WSOP, play there daily. They know each other and signal on what you are doing. Went to Bellagio where it was more tourists. Even saw Doyle Bronson there. I have now seen the refurbished rooms between the Flamingo and MGM Grand, and MGM has them beat 2 to 1 over style and decor. They both charge the same including resort fees.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank neal1
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

We apologize for your disappointment in our product on your last visit. Please be assured, we share your concern about anything that may detract from your experience at our property; we want nothing more than for you and all our guests to feel comfortable during your visit. We have shared your comments with our Hotel Operations Management to ensure these problems are being addressed and corrected. Your comments will certainly help us to improve the process. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My wife and I have been going to Las Vegas for several years now and we decided to try the middle of the strip and we chose the Flamingo. First off, if you stay at the Flamingo, DO NOT take one of the airport shuttles, take a cab instead. The shuttle drop off is about 2 blocks behind the property itself in what currently is a construction area. I felt perfectly safe back there but it's a hassle to have to drag luggage through the property and then not even be able to wait inside for the shuttle (it was about 40 degrees out the morning we left), at least with a cab, you'll be dropped off by an entrance. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend spending a bit more for a room with a view of the Strip. We were able to see the Bellagio fountains from our room! The renovated rooms are very comfortable and not overly pink like I was fearing they might be. Very nice decor that is simple and not overdone. The Linq is a nice little area between the Flamingo and the Quad (formerly Imperial Palace) and a nice way to get to the neighboring properties to the north (there is a Deuce stop in front of Harras which is easy access to head to Freemont Street). Overall, we were very happy with our choice of the Flamingo Las Vegas and will definitely consider staying again next year (just going to take a cab to and from the airport next time)

Room Tip: Pay the upgrades for a strip view. If you can land the 27th or 28th floor, the rooms are larger and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I reserved a complimentary room at the Flamingo and a spot in the $75000 Paris Slot tournament in March a few days ago through Total Rewards. This would have been my second TR Slot tournament but unfortunately I had to cancel. After telling my cousin about my upcoming trip to Las Vegas, she and her husband decided to come along with me. Totally excited as they have never been to Las Vegas. I love bringing newbies! My friend and his wife have also decided to come along.
Both couples looked in to staying at the Flamingo with me but discovered the cost would be about $300 more to stay there than another strip hotel comparable to the Flamingo. Needless to say, they have decided to stay at the other hotel and use that money in the casinos instead.
Here is why I’m disappointed….
1. I called the Flamingo to cancel my reservation. They of course asked me why I was cancelling and I told them about my situation. I’m disappointed they didn’t seem to care I was canceling and didn’t offer anything in the way of assistance in getting the rest of my party to stay at the Flamingo.
2. I’m going to miss out on the Slot tournament. Really enjoyed the last one at Harrah’s. Stayed at the Flaming that time as well.
3. I won’t be staying a Caesars property.
4. While reserving this trip online via TR, I received a pop up stating I was prequalified for a TR Visa. I applied and the card will be arriving in the mail in 7 – 10 business days. I have to tell you I’m no long excited about having it. Will probably now just sit in a dresser drawer.

I do have to say I feel a little bad about giving the Flamingo such a poor rating. I did stay there last May and had a great time. The room was beautifully remodeled, quiet, nice pool area, and had a great view. Anyone reading this review please take that in to consideration.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends