“Flamingo Strip View”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oil City, Pennsylvania
“Flamingo Strip View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed at the Flamingo Second week of February. Arrived at the airport and did cab it to the hotel for $16 plus tip. I watched folks who were dropped off at a parking lot trudging up the hill. Definitely worth the extra dollars. I arrived on a Sunday at 5 p.m. No wait at the front desk although first impression of the hotel was that there were hundreds of people milling in the lobby. I stayed in on the 20th floor in a Go room with a view of the Bellagio fountains. Very impressive. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the view was beautiful, and the amenities were nice. I read through complaints on tripadvisor. I found the hotel to be well-used. There are hundreds of rooms with many people utilizing the space. The hallways were clean and I didn't see any room services dishes in the hall longer than two hours. The elevators were quick to arrive. Everyone working at the hotel was efficient and friendly. When I was checking out, I asked for a cab. There was an airport van there and the doorman recommended that I take the van for $7.00. He carried my bags over to the van. I was at a conference and the buffet was included in the conference fees. I don't think the buffet was worth the money if you were paying. This was a great first stay in Vegas. Great spot on the strip. It was well worth the low cost of the room. I'd recommend it. By the way...the flamingos and the other birds were very cool.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LaurieTravels62

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,077)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Third trip, have stayed initially at Paris and then twice at Flamingo. Came alone this time. Pool closed but the property is still the nicest and most expansive on the strip. Easy walk to Caesar's to have Ramsey's Pub (love the sticky toffee pudding), Bacchanel Buffet, and Absinthe show. I saw Eddie griffin at the Rio ($10 cab ride from Flamingo).

Definitely the nicest horse room (my favorite part of the flamingo) out of all of the total rewards properties in LV.

Three different temperature whirlpools in the spa are very nice. Room service tasty and food delivered hot.

Recommend the quesadilla at Charlie's.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Karlstad, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Nice room with a nice wiew over the garden on the inside.

Nice, big bed.
The bathroom was old and worn down.
The room was renovated.

Very clean and nice.

The corridors was old and the matt was worn.

We didnt spend much time in the casino area. The Mirage was far better.

No free wi-fi.
But almost every other casino had so.

Breakfast was served in the cafe. You got an amount to shop for all day long. I liked it. Every morning the same, black forrest ham sandwich.

Totally fine and ok for the price.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

In my reservation, I noted that I am extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke, and as a result, I was given room 28141, which is on the top floor and far away from the casino areas. It had a lovely view of the large new "wheel" attraction, and of the mountains off in the distance. Truly lovely!

The room included a small refrigerator (but not a minibar), and the room was clean and functional. Internet access was $13.95/ day, for only one device, but it worked well and each payment resulted in 24 hours of access.

I line for check-in wasn't very long (just a few folks), but it took a lot longer than I had expected. Although I was "next" for quite some time, people from adjacent lines (for "keys and mail" and from another line) were being called before those of us checking in. It was a little frustrating, but the woman who finally checked me in was friendly.

There were a few small concerns with my stay. On my first night, I had a coffee maker but no coffee (or other packets of sugar, stirrer, cups, etc.). I requested coffee packets but none were brought until the next day. And on my second night, all four of the glass drinking glasses vanished, so I had to drink out of the styrofoam cup that was brought for coffee. It was odd-- I had either coffee stuff and cups or else glass drinking glasses.

Overall, it was a fine stay. I'm glad I was on the highest floor--so I'm glad I asked for a solidly smoke-free zone.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room away from the smoke.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Perfect hotel to stay in if you want to experience the strip. It is right in the middle of everything, and a perfect location. Rooms aren't the best, but if you are only using your room to sleep in, who cares! Close to tons of restaurants, places to get a drink and awesome pool/flamingo exhibit. It's cheap, do it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the elevator, or you are walking 16 miles to get back to your room when y...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Lynden, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

First of all, I have traveled to vegas many many times, I just haven't reviewed any other places yet (no reason, just didn't think about it). At check in, our flight arrived before check in time, we wanted our room, but they wanted to charge us a fee for early check in. As for the fee, I don't care, it wasn't much, but, we were there with a group (first time doing that) and some of the people were not hip on the fee. So, as everyone knows in vegas, always ask for an upgrade to see what options you have. So I did, and for $20 we got an amazing strip view where I could lave on the couch and watch the Bellagio fountain. The rooms had recently been updated and there was a lot of construction going on at the motor entrance but that didn't bother us at all. It did look like the bathrooms had not been redone, no big deal, but our shower valve dripped at night and was really annoying. We arrived on a Thursday and left on Sunday. The crowds are much different on these days compared to others, the age drops much more to the 21 area around the weekends, but everyone is there to have a good time so it was fun. The pool was great. It had a wonderful atmosphere mixed with young and old all partying together. The hotel has a great location, right in the middle of the strip. One big downfall, only for a short period for them, but our whole trip, was that the food court area was being redone, so the only spotty gab a quick bite was the pizza place and that line was always huge (like 2 hour wait huge). Overall, this hotel was good. If it were another town I would probably say i would stay here again, but, it's Vegas, I want to try them all.

Be Aware: this resort does charge a "RESORT FEE"', which many do now in Vegas. My feeling on resort fees is that they are dumb, if you want more money, just charge it in the room rate. Yes, it may raise your price higher then you competitors, but, I hate seeing the word "fee", especially when it is for stuff I tend not to use while on vacation.

Room Tip: Get a room on the strip side for good views
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Salem, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I would have gave The Flamingo five stars, but two things really bugged me about the place. The first was that the valet was so far away from the lobby. I use a cane and I got a sore on my foot during the trip. The extra walking to the valet and back to the room really hurt. The second thing is the timeshare people. They would not leave us alone, even when told not interested. The first I would overlook, the second is unforgivable to me. The timeshare people were dressed as Flamingo employees so we talked to them for about a half hour until I noticed the guys nametag with a well known timeshare company’s name on it. It really gets to me that The Flamingo let’s the timeshare people harass their customers. I won’t stay here again unless they get rid of the timeshare people .

On the plus side the location is great. Also Vinnie Favorito is well worth watching. The food court could have some better food as well.

Room Tip: Go Room 20079 has a nice view of the High Roller, which is very pretty when lit up.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family