“Dissapointed”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We booked rooms at the Flamingo because the price was right, so we thought, and we had stayed there before and it is a great location, I went to the flamingo website to book and was directed to the website vegas.com, well, the reasonable priced rooms were not so reasonable after we were surprised with the extra fees that we were not made aware of ahead of time and when I expressed surprise at them I was told that I had booked thru a 3rd party and should take it up with vegas.com even though I had tried several times to book at the flamingo website and kept being referred to vegas.com

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mary and Mike K
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for the review. We were sorry to hear of your disappointment. We are committed to providing the quality service our valued customers expect and deserve. We greatly look forward to your return and our next opportunity to show you how much we enjoy having you as our guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,316)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had booked 2 rooms one for my wife and I Go room deluxe with view, King bed requested, and another deluxe room with a view for our daughter and my wife's mom. We were late getting to hotel due to lines at Customs and then at hotel and when we went to check in was told no king bed left, we took 2 queens and they offered to upgrade the other room to same floor for a good discount so we did and worked out fine. I know no hotel can guarantee your room request but it would be nice that when you book direct with hotel you should be able to at least have your room guaranteed for the 1st night, plus the fact my wife is a total rewards member. The hotel is right in middle of strip and with the new Lynx fully opening soon will be the place to be. So great to be able to easily walk along same side of strip straight into other hotels, chance to compare different casinos and found they all had great service when playing slots or tables, girls always around with drinks and of course very appreciative when tipped, tip and a smile go along way! This is my first time staying at the Flamingo and my wife's 3rd time and will not be our last.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Seymour, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2014

You cant locate parking easily due to construction blocking the road.

A bit messy next to the hotel in the main drag. Nice room (Upgraded) but we did spend more for an upgrade. Quiet and the staff was friendly. Nice big casino with lots of activity. Across from Cesars Palace and Beligio.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I'm going to start with the bad points because there arent many, then move onto the good...
1- Resort Fee includes wifi. I was still a little unsure of whether it was free asa you have to charge to room. I asked at reception and was advised it was included in the resort fee paid. On checking out, it was pointed out I had not paid the resort fee on booking and was charged €84 for usage. Advised I had asked and was told it was included but just got told I could pay the resort fee or the internet and internet was cheaper. Receptionist quite stern when I queried it. Really felt robbed for this! Had I not asked I would have accepted I made a mistake.
2- Breakfast included. €18 a day for 3 people. This was enough to cover drinks and nothing more. Ordered breakfast on 2 days (3 breakfast sandwich and 3 drinks) totalling €61.53. Credit does not carry over so ended up paying €25.50. Wouldnt advise using the breakfast booking for anything more than a coffee - much better value out on the strip.

On the plus side - rooms were a nice size with a view of the strip. Looked recently refurbished but took the pink fur off the bed straight away as it had chewing gum in it (yuck!). Apart from that, hotel was clean and room service friendly. Power sockets are a very weak but put that down to plug converters being used. Bathroom was clean and towels changed daily.
Casino had a great atmosphere and dealers were fab - learning me new games and helping plan my days etc..
Good location right opposite Ceasers Palace and on the new 'Linq' - the ferris wheel is right out the back of the hotel. Bus stops and tram stops nearby.
No issues with noise even with an interconnecting room. Wildlife habitat worth walking through at feeding time. Plenty of food outlets in hotel (slightly more expensive than elsewhere the strip, but still good value). Ice machines and vending machines right through the corridors near rooms.

Would I stay here again? Yes. But with caution. I wouldn't charge anything at all to my room, internet, breakfast or anything else that I may be stung for later.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at the flamingo for a week this past February for a conference that was being held in the Venetian and it was the perfect location. Since most of the activities we did weren't in the flamingo itself, it was perfect because It was walking distance from everywhere we wanted to go to on the strip so we never had to worry about finding a ride anywhere and the metro was on site if we did. The hotel itself had good places to eat inside, Starbucks on site (good for early morning conferences) and it was clean and comfortable for the price we paid. Also a big plus for me was that the casino didn't have that stuffy/smokey feel that some of the other ones I went to did. Overall great stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jbmall
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Checkin was easy with the Express Checkin Computer terminals: No need to stand in line. My assigned room was handicap accesible and smelt like a hospital burn ward. This room had a walkin shower that, also looked like it belonged in a hospital.

So I go down to the front desk to ask for a room reassignment. I was given the option to upgrade to a newly remodeled room with a stripview for $15 per night. Also, I would be given a $35 food and beverage credit. I agreed.

The new room was on the same 16th floor. It is funny to see, how Flamingo chose to remodel only a part of the hotel. The new room was very nice, with a 50inch TV, CD player, and a fridge. No microwave. Unfortunately the TV and CD player did not work, so I called the front desk. Within 10 minutes a maintenance person was in my room to fix the TV and CD player. Amazing service.

The glass bathroom was very Hollywood. So Hollywood, there was a TV in the mirror. Very cool. The stripview, was equally cool. Another chic feature are the Electric motorized drapes. Again, makes you feel lke a celebrity.

The best part about Flamingo is the colorful, happy, jubilent environment. also, The central location on the strip is very convenient. The new Total Rewards program that has just started a partnership with SPG rewards, will keep my business with Ceasar Entertainment properties. Highly recommand staying at the Flamingo.

Room Tip: Take the upgrade to the Remodeled rooms with a Strip View.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Manitoba
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed at the Flamingo in mid-Feb. We were on the 19th floor right beside the "Linq". Lots of noise all night but that is understandable. Staff at the check-in desk were grouchy. We were 4 couples who wanted rooms close together. Ended up with 3 of us on the same floor and 1 about a mile away in a different wing. Grouchy because we complained about the Airport shuttle dropping us off about 2 blocks away due to the hotel only allowing their own shuttles onto the property.

The room we had was not yet up-dated and had a nasty / disgusting pinkish thing that they laid on the end of the bed. We just threw it in a corner but they kept putting it back. 3 of the 5 days there was no bathmat in the bathroom. I dropped a small item on the floor the first day and it was finally cleaned up on the 4th day. The carpet in the hallways was stretched and pulled into hills and valleys that if you weren't careful would trip you when you walked to or from the elevator.

Good location on the Strip which makes walking to other hotels easier.

Biggest complaint, the "Resort Charge" for use of the pool, Wifi, and exercise facility. We could never find the exercise room, the pool was closed for the season (we could have walked to the Paris and used their pool if we wanted to) and we didn't have our computer with us so had no need for the Wifi. It worked out to an extra $20 a day for something we either didn't need or couldn't use.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris B
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We apologize for your disappointment in our service and product on your last visit. Please be assured, we share your concern about anything that may detract from your experience at our property; we want nothing more than for you and all our guests to feel comfortable during your visit. We have shared your comments with our Hotel Operations Management to ensure these problems are being addressed and corrected. Your comments will certainly help us to improve the process. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future.