I love the Flamingo!! Hubby & I do thorough research before staying anywhere & despite the horrid reviews we read we decided to take a gamble (& I'm somewhat picky when it comes to hotel stays). What a treasure we found! We were with another couple. Took a taxi from airport, $20 bucks & got there in no time! The aroma to cover the smoke was most pleasant out of the other hotels we walked through. Not smoky at all. I became a Total Rewards member beforehand to get a great rate & eliminate any slow-down, so when we arrived at 2:30 PM I received my card & we were able to walk right up @ check-in. The attendant was polite & had us on our way in minutes. We were in a FAB Deluxe king room w/habitat, pool, AND unexpected high roller view. NICE! The elevators near front desk are what we used & they were well-decorated & worked fine. The hallway carpeting was nowhere near what we heard about. It looked great & did not smell at all. The room was almost perfect, just minor detailed cleaning was missed, but who cares? The faux wood floors felt fine. Walls were thin but no bother, you're hardly inside. We were offered housekeeping everyday, tipped our maid & received extra amenities, even some water glasses to go w/our ice bucket that weren't there upon arrival. Bathroom was small & found a hair here & there but it got the job done, both tub & shower. Water was VERY hot. Floor-to-ceilings windows were not so see-through because of the pink tint on outside. TV worked fine, had plenty of stations. In-room safe was a bonus, only wish we had a coffee maker, fridge, & microwave for the hangovers & leftovers to munch on late-night. We also slept like babies every night, no noise, comfy bed.
We ate at Margaritaville during happy hour, everything good but service "meh". Casino not the greatest w/minimums & payouts, but fun to play in just for the experience. The GO pool was AWESOME! We didn't arrive early the 1st day but found a nice spot & later got chairs we never used because we stayed in the pool. We did the early arrival for the pool the next day (Saturday) & there was a line but had no problem w/chair selection. The power went out! We waited for over an hour to swim/buy drinks & heard elevators were down/no water in a certain section of hotel. Would've like some kind of comp. We had a blast after it got going again. Ages ranged from 21-70 & the oldest ones provided the most fun for us thirty-something's! Cabanas way too pricey.
I loved the look of the hotel. Each side on outside had it's own distinct look. The remodeling was impressive. The location was PERFECT! We had no trouble getting around, going both ways on the strip. Walgreens nearby & some of the best hotels within minutes of walking--couldn't get any better! Easy taxi curbside service. Time-sharers in lobby varied in pushiness, but a simple "no thank you" worked, they're just doing their job. The habitat w/the exotic animals another bonus, a great mood-enhancer.
We did express check-out, so we never waited coming or leaving. Overall we loved our stay! I would recommend this hotel for the price & location. I believe being a TR member made the difference & it was worth it. Staff was great, ambiance spectacular, & we were kept happy!! We will definitely be back at the Flamingo! Thank you to all staff for such a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino