“Average hotel...Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
el paso
“Average hotel...Great Location”
Reviewed 25 June 2009

One reason why we decided to stay at this hotel was that we got it compt for free. After reading the mixed reviews, I was a little nervous since me and my wife were going to stay with another couple. So, I dediced to upgrade my room to a GO room for $25 a night. When we arrived at 1:00 on a Satruday, the checkout line was quick, but our room was not ready and would not be ready untill 4:00-6:00. This was a problem since we had dinner reservations at 5:00 and we needed to change from our airport attire. We asked the concierge for help, however he was no help. We ended up changing in the bathrooms and headed out. When we arrived later that night, we were very pleased with the room. The 32 inch TV, restroom tv, beds and view was awesome, the only complaint I have is it is a bit small. We went to the pool on Monday, and we were looking forward to this new adult pool promotion, however it seemed non-existent. The pool was crowded but big. The atmosphere was nice, however there were a lot of children. I have nothing against kids, I have three of my own, however when we vacation on our own we want some time away from screaming children. I have been to vegas many times, and this was by far our best room view. I usually look for the deals vegas in a average to better than average hotel, and the deal of $25 you cannot beat. In addition I try to stay at different hotels on the strip. The location was perfect, however the hotel was a bit older

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vegasmongoose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
mdeming79
Reviewed 24 June 2009

I recently stayed at the Flamingo with 6 high school girlfriends...WHAT AN AWESOME HOTEL!! The GO rooms are perfect for a girly stay...provided you don't mind that the bathroom door doesn't close all the way...just a little crack between the door and the wall. The pink paint, beds, tv, wallpaper, tv in the bathroom mirror, cd player, shower/bathtub awesome views and lighting were totally contemporary and lively. Housekeeping was great, keeping the room freshly stocked with linens and they were very friendly. Our room overlooked the pool area and it was beautiful....rooms on the other side overlooked the Bellagio lights and that would have been very cool. The pools at the Flamingo are absolutly beautiful! There is a regular pool and then an adult topless pool...where there were not too many topless folks...it was just less crowded than the other pool. Casino is nice. Food is good. WIFI costs $15. I would totally recommend this hotel for honeymooners, couples and girlfriends.

The only bad experience we had was on check in. It was about 6pm on a Thursday and they only had 3 employees working the counter. We waited for 1 hour in line to check in. After this...the rest of our stay was amazing.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
6 Thank mdeming79
Weatherford, oklahoma
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We stayed there with several friends and family for my daughters wedding. Our rooms were VERY clean and nice! No one had a bad thing to say about the rooms. We are planning a return trip next June and will stay at the flamingo again!

4 Thank KShore50
new york
Reviewed 22 June 2009

stayed there with my dad and the carpet looked like it was never cleaned and the one day they never cleaned the bathroom at all. dirty towels still there and everything. the beds are very comfortsble though and they have the best cinnabun french toast I have ever had.I would stay againbut I will be sure to call the desk everyday if needed to get room cleaned.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dondu7
Las Vegas
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I DO NOT recommend!!! We were looking forward to a family overnight to enjoy the pool and dining. When we checked in, the desk clerk said no rooms were available and then we went to another clerk who said we could get into our room. We called the front desk to get buffet coupons and they said we could get them at the Total Rewards desk. I signed up for a card at the desk and then was told that they do not hand out these coupons. We went to the concierge who said that the Total Rewards DOES hand out the coupons. We went back and forth before giving up out of frustration. At that point it was not about the savings, but about the principle of staff following through and providing service. After dinner, we were told that the pool closed at 6pm. We met housekeeping staff on our floor who said that the pool stays open later and they would find out. They told is it closed at 11pm. We got on our suits and at this point it was about 8:15pm. We got there to find out that it had just closed at 8:00pm in a 24 hour town? Then in the morning, we were told that the pool opened at 8:00am. It did not open until about 8:10 and we got in to find out that the doors open but you cannot swim until 9:00. With small children, this is NOT a good situation. The hotel overall was dirty, cigarette butts everywhere, caps, trash throughout wildlife exhibit, in hallways, dirty glasses in elevators, at concierge desk, etc. Again, with small children this is a hazard. There were hungover men sleeping on benches outside. Again, not great for kids. The pool is fun however the lifeguards were too busy texting at the top of the waterslide to even pay attention to who was going down the slide or to pace the traffic. The room was very worn- the bathroom sink cracked, carpet dirty, weird odor in room...I am VERY disappointed.

5 Thank Betsey71

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 June 2009

I just got back from five days at the Flamingo Hotel (by myself, while attending a conference across the street at Caesar's Palace), and I have nothing but positive feedback about this property. I am a travel agent, and I stay in and evaluate MANY hotels, and the Flamingo is exactly what it promises to be -- a solid mid-range hotel in a great location at a fair price. I would happily recommend it to my clients.

The hotel is in an ideal location – right in the middle of the strip, within walking distance of everything. The pool complex is great, and the grounds are very pretty. Lots of lush foliage and waterfalls (a nice respite from the Vegas “glitz”). I found the staff to be very helpful and, contrary to other reviews, they had me in my room by about 11:30 a.m. I had reserved a regular room, but they offered me an upgrade to a GO room for $25/night, which I was happy to accept.

The GO room was fantastic – very clean and modern, with comfy beds, multiple TVs (including one inset into the bathroom mirror), a mini-fridge, and more. I thought the food at the hotel was good (though a little pricey, as is always the case in Vegas), and room service was prompt.

A few tips:

The air conditioning works on a motion-detector, which is nice when you walk into the room and feel it kick on, but not so nice when you wake up in the middle of the night and it has been off for a few hours. Just stand up and it will come back on to cool the room down again.

If you are in search of a quick, cheap meal (hard to find in Vegas) there’s a food court right next door at O’Shea’s Casino (in between the Flamingo and the Imperial Palace). It has a Burger King, Subway, etc. that are good when you just need something quick.

I saw lots of people lined up in LONG lines to check out each morning, but there’s no need for that. You can easily review your bill and check out on the TV in your room, and then just leave the keys and walk away.

I took a cab from the airport to the hotel for about $17 plus tip. The shuttle costs about $13 (plus tip) for two people for the same one-way ride. So, if there’s a shuttle there and it’s convenient, go for it. But a cab won’t cost all that much more, and it will be faster (just don’t let them drive down the strip itself, which takes longer and costs more).

I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
7 Thank Ann P
ozarks
Reviewed 18 June 2009

This was a great place to stay if you do not care about the pool. The pool was suppose to be open from 9a to 8pm which is one of the reasons we booked this hotel/casino for the kids to have something to do. It has a slide that connects 3 small pools and then one large pool area with a waterfall. It also has an adult only pool which has a topless option we did not visit that pool due to the fact you had to be 21 or older. It is advertised to be a 15 acre pool. The pool is not 15 acres maybe the whole property is but not the pool. We had gone to the pool a couple of times on our stay and both times had unpleasant experiences. They closed the pool early on the 1st day we were their and said they did not have enough people swimming. There were over 15 people in the pool not to mention the other 20 or so sitting on the deck. They also had the slides closed that day the whole time we were there. The next day we went to the pool at around 10am and the slides were still closed. We swam for about 1 hour and then left to go to the room. When we came back later that day the slides were still closed but I let my kids swim in the smaller pools due to no seats to sit at the larger pool. Some lady came and kicked us out of the pool said they were closed due to shortage of lifegaurds and the kids could not swim there. There was no other place for them to swim where I could sit and watch so we left. I called management to complain and they just argued with me about the pools and the hours. They stated they are not advertised to be open for a specific amount of time and they reserve the right to close the pool at there discretion. She also said that they probably closed the pool because it was cloudy. Where I come from you do not close a pool due to some clouds. Even though we did not have any luck with the pools the hotel and rooms were very nice. We got a go room for about 60.00 a night. They were updated and very nice. We had a very large screen flat TV in the room and it had a large bathtub and a separate shower. They even had a TV with a remote in the bathroom. The beds and linens were nice and we had a great view of the pool area. We were on the 18th floor. there was a fridge in the room but no coffee maker. We were very pleased with our room just not the pool. We had to wait in line for about 30 minutes to check in but the guy at the desk was very nice. I liked this hotel/casino because it was located right on the strip and across the street to Caesars Palace with a nice little bridge that goes over the strip so you don't have to cross. Not a great place for kids would recommend staying somewhere else in Vegas if you have kids. Saw Blue Man group would recommend for anyone of all ages. We sat in 4th row. Great seats and Great time!!

3 Thank ozarks_7