OK I've read a lot of reviews about the Flamingo and it seems 1) there are an awful lot of people who expect the Bellagio for Flamingo prices, and 2) haven't seemed to pick up from the other reviews that this hotel is in the middle of a (very nice) renovation. I have attached pictures to show.
Renovation work is not obvious....I think they have certain floors just closed off, as I was on the 17th floor and most of 8-15 never seemed to have a reason to stop at. You can see pictures online of their "Classic" rooms, which are older and very basic. The new GO rooms, which I stayed in, are fantastic...great beds, bathroom (with a huge tub, the person who said they didn't have tubs either got a handicapped room, or wasn't quite all there). The large flat-screen TV is hooked into a denon stereo, which I hooked up my IPod to. The drapes are controlled electronically by switches between the beds....how nice to dim the room in the morning if you forgot to the night before! Electrical outlets were everywhere, and ambient low level lighting is an option.
Someone also mentioned the hallways not being up to par. Well, on the 17th floor, they are very nicely remodeled to match the rooms too. I have also attached a picture of the hallway outside to show you.
As to the services, the restaurants are good, though dated in decor....I'm sure they'll get to those soon. The pool was great but busy, though I didn't mind that at all. The elevators are brand new also....super fast up and never had to wait, so perhaps the review that mentioned that was before that upgrade.
If you're considering staying at the Flamingo, get a GO room to avoid any issues. As to the rest, my guess is that you'll see even more changes by the time you arrive. Cut them a bit of slack, they are doing a great job updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Nozio Netplan srl, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino