“A week's stay”

Best Western Plus Las Vegas West
Ranked #53 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I were in the area visiting our son and found this hotel to be centrally located for all our activities from Red Rock Canyon to the strip. The facility sits back off the road so noise isn't a problem and is probably about 75% there to the next remodel but was very serviceable for our needs. The area appears to be very safe for walking and many restaruants are nearby. The morning breakfast is above average and has a variety of items to choose from with menu changes each day. The staff is very cordial especially the young lady working the night shift and the breakfast folk. Vegas drivers go fast until they hit something and use their horn regularly so those used to driving in more laid back settings should get used to what might be called rudeness in another setting. All in all I found everyone very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom S

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was recommended this hotel thru a business where I was attending a seminar. All I have to say is WOW! The staff at this hotel is so pleasant and made me feel very comfortable. The area surrounding it is very safe with many dining options within walking distance. My room was very clean and spacious. I did not have a chance to grab any breakfast but it did smell quite delicious. From the checking in process by Luli to the checking out process, everything was great. I will be attending many more seminars in Las Vegas and look forward to many more great future stays!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Melissa J
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Somewhat aging Best Western hotel. Rooms seemed clean but my room which I did not ask for, was a handicap bathroom. The shower valve placed off to the side for easy wheelchair access was about to blow off the wall. Obviously broken as it was dripping, I took a shower that evening and was praying I could manage to turn it off before shooting out of the wall. I mentioned it to the staff in the morning and came back late that evening and nothing was done. I mentioned it again with a little more emphasis to a different staff and it was finally replaced after two nights into the stay. How could you do that to a person that was really in a wheel chair or handicapped? Inexcusable!
Also breakfast room is tiny and very cramped even for a few people. With more than 4 people it's extremely uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GlideDon
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We needed two rooms (each with two queen beds, because we were 5 guys).
We arrived at the hotel a bit early (about 2pm), so we had to wait a little while to get to our rooms.
The staff was friendly. They told us, that we could use the pool in the meantime, if we wanted to.
After about half an hour our rooms were ready. The rooms were pretty spacious and very clean. Nothing to complain about.
We went to the Outback Steakhouse (which is just a few steps away) for dinner.
It's always convenient to have some restaurants in walking distance to your hotel.
Dinner was great by the way!
The breakfast next morning was quite basic, but they had pretty good cinnamon rolls (tasted almost like the ones at Holiday Inn Express).
You can't go wrong with this hotel, especially if your rate is under 80 bucks per room !!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sial
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Just want to give everybody a special thanks for making my stay a most convenient, comfortable and enjoyable one!!! That would include the manager, front desk crew and the cleaning staff !!! I surely shall return either for business or pleasure . Tnx again guys!!! See you soon.

Room Tip: My room {304} was terrific!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I need a room way off the action and busy streets of Vegas. Although this location seems to be a bit remote off the Las Vegas strip, thanks to being in a less busy area, West Sahara Avenue takes you quickly to the strip and you can easy access the strip hotels. Way faster then if you had to stop and go from Hotel to Hotel on the strip.

A very friendly staff welcomed us upon arrival. Check-in is a zillion times faster then in the big hotels on the strip. Clean, big room with all you need for one or two nights.

Room Tip: Any room is quiet. The location is off from the street. You don't hear any street noise at all.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Equitecnoc
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have stayed at the Best Western Plus on Sahara for 30 plus nights so far this year. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and I have never had a cleanliness issue. I travel for business and this hotel meets all of my needs. Nothing overly fancy but very comfortable, excellent service, amenities needed for a business traveler, and an excellent complimentary breakfast to boot. I would highly recommend the Best Western Plus on Sahara.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business