Best Western Plus Las Vegas West
Ranked #43 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel overnight for our trip to and from San Diego. The room we had was very good. It was quiet and we got a good night's sleep. The free breakfast was ok. The hotel was within walking distance of an Out Back restaurant where we had dinner. Note: this hotel is not located on the Strip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank twobacks

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was in the area to visit my son and had no interest or desire to be near the casinos. This motel was perfect for me. I had no issues with traffic or noise and was able to get around all of LV quite easily. I was afraid when I realized a young soccer team was also staying there but heard no noise from them. It was a very basic motel which was exactly what I needed.

Room Tip: I was in the "basement" and found it to be very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank murphey1030
Reviewed 20 April 2014

First of all i want to say that we had our dog with us so we had chosen Best Western because of our pet. The hotel is located a good 15 minutes drive to the Strip. It is a good choice if you have a pet with you. However, in my opinion, if you don't have a pet, it is better to stay somewhere closer to the center.
Our room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The wi-fi was free and worked very well. Breakfast was good and included coffee, waffles, biscuits with gravy, eggs and bacon, some fruit, and juices.
Employees at the reception desk were friendly and polite with us.
There is plenty of space to walk your dog around this place.
If i return to Vegas and my dog will be traveling with me, i would definitely stay at this hotel again. However if i am coming without the dog, i would stay somewhere on the Strip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My 2 kids (ages 11 and 15) and I stayed here for two nights in April 2014. It was so much more than I expected of a Best Western. The rooms were clean, the front desk staff was helpful, and the location was good (I didn't want to stay in the heart of Vegas, and this was a short 5-10 minutes drive to the Strip). Parking was plentiful, there is a (small) fitness room with 3 or 4 machines, which was never crowded. The (free) breakfast was good - included a waffle maker, breads, juices, cereals, cinnamon rolls, and a few other items. All were fresh. There was a pool too (which we didn't use). I was very impressed overall and would definitely recommend. As a bonus, the hotel is only about 10 minutes drive from Red Rock National Conservation Area, a must-see if you are in this area, and a lovely change of scenery after all the neon lights and crowds of the Strip.

2  Thank DRBTravels
Reviewed 16 April 2014

When visiting family this where we stay this is your second time at this hotel and once again all is right here. No problems, great breakfast, nice pool, nice room, and great staff
What more could I ask for ?

Room Tip: Make reservations in advance
1  Thank s3production
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Mike, the repair guy, complained why I reported the sink drainage problem where other guests prior to me did not (totally discriminating/unprofessional). After 1 hour - he still could not fix the problem, he became even more mad and rude to me and my mother. He never politely spoke or explained situation professionally. What he did just make a small fixing because a severe insult to the customers. The whole hotel during the busy Saturday night only had one other staff than Mike, Luli, who is Mike daughter, as the front desk person. Staying here totally ruined my night in Vegas. Too few staff, bad management, noisy old AC & lack of customer courtesy training - AOVID this hotel if possible.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
4  Thank Inlu L
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stay at this BW on a family road trip from Salt Lake to San Diego. Traffic was bad in Vegas at 3 pm so it was nice to stay somewhere off the strip. Very nice comfortable beds, excellent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family