“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #46 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Orange, Ca, United States
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Best Western Plus always meets my expectations. Reasonable rates, clean room and great service staff. The cinammon rolls were the highlight of the stay. We travel w/ a large dog and the facilities for the pet friendly room were convenient. Have stayed here before and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Philip K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Las Vegas
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Don't bother staying here unless you are sure there won't be any problems. The front desk clerk Jose and the Mgr Erica are HORRIBLE with customers, if there is anything they have to resolve. The hotel itself is nice however, but the way I was treated by the staff i would NEVER go back there. The mgr refused to talk with me when I was in the lobby and when I called later - she was conveniently "out". I had some personal family problems that led to my cancellation and rebooking the hotel twice. I apologized for any trouble for the clerk Jose. Meanwhile, he had messed up using the gift card I had and he didn't know how to fix it - so he asked me to come in next day to see his manager to get it straightened out. Which I did, but the manager didn't come out to see me and Jose started acting rude and stand off to me. I later rebooked the hotel and he called me at home and told me they would NOT HONOR my rewards voucher (for staying 2 nights earlier this year) and they would NOT HONOR my gift card. They would only take my credit card. I couldn't believe this. The mistake with the card was originally his fault and I didn't get upset with him!! I had actually apologized for his mistake and was trying to be nice about it!! Anyway, I couldn't believe his phone call to my home, so I asked to speak with his manager or the owner - he came back and said she had "stepped" out. I called again in 20 minutes and he said she had gone home early for the day. I am completely disillusioned with Best Western West Las Vegas. I have spoken with Corp Customer Care and hope to get a call back from Mr. Clark the owner. Just so he knows what is going on at this hotel. I didn't know a Best Western would refuse their own rewards program and gift card purchased. I hope others will read this and be sure they are aware of this staff who is so unreasonable when something abnormal should happen. I sincerely don't think I deserved this treatment - it is like they have never had a customer book, cancel and rebook before. I don't think they were full or anything like that - the parking lot was empty. I don't understand their behaviors.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Barbv3
salt lake city
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I really loved my experience at the hotel very we'll cleaned , room was in perfect conditions breakfast was great !
front desk employee jose was very helpful and amazing .
I look forward into coming again in the nearest future .

• Stayed July 2014
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel is a decent enough property, and the only BW that I would stay at in las Vegas. That said, the location is so far away from anywhere, that is an issue. Plus, make sure you get there early for breakfast, as regardless of the time that you told that breakfast is served, it is not true. We went and everything was shut down early and the staff member informed us that they stop making things quite early as if they don't, then people will just keep coming and coming until 11 am. The staff member also mentioned that the Hotel does not pay them past a certain time, so if they don't shut things down early, then they get stuck there working for free! No wonder they stop things so early, I would be as well. Unfortunately there were many others in my situation, well before the time the breakfast room was to close down, standing around, seeing that everything was shut already, so nothing to eat, not even bread. Very disappointing for a BW, even worse for a BW Plus!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank stern4422
Erica H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Las Vegas West, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Stern4422,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service is our only mission.

We have addressed your comments regarding the breakfast. Although the property does have breakfast hours in place, we will always extend the time if need be to ensure all of our guests have been served. I can assure that what you experienced is not the typical standards by which our hotel is run.

We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service. We read and react to every review on every social media platform and guest survey. Your comments are very much appreciated.
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A lovely hotel with a pleasant staff, not far from Red Rock Canyon and the Red Rock Casino and restaurant area. Rooms are a little small and the free hot breakfast a bit plain, but all that we needed. Indoor swimming pool and hut tub and small fitness center were pleasant and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thousand oaks
Reviewed 26 July 2014

After traveling in the car for 8 hours. Me and my family were really tired. Right when I walked in I was greeted right away. We got our room right away. We were in Vegas for like 5 days. We have a fantastic time. All in all it was a great stay!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Msmith1819
East Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very nice place away from the strip. Good places to eat close by and a golf course very close. I was headed to Death Valley so this was good for me. Pool area was nice. The room was nice clean and quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo