“A Hidden Gem on the Strip”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jockey Club

Jockey Club
Ranked #38 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Oxford, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Gem on the Strip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We rented a 2 bed suite (with additional pull out sofa bed), as there was a group of 5 of us visiting Vegas for my wedding. It was excellent value for money, and if travelling again in a similar sized group would stay here again. We rented our room through an apartment agency recommended by an American friend and we did not have to sit through any time share presentations, although we walked past a few. Each bedroom was large with flat screen tv, comfy beds and extra pillows. The closet was enormous - larger than some hotel bathrooms I've used before now! We had a full working kitchen with oven, microwave, fridge, freezer (ice already stocked) & dishwasher - this was a godsend as we didn't fancy eating out for every single meal. The pool is small and probably get most sun in the morning - but nice and quiet and if you've checked out the website you'll know the story behind the Jockey Club & Cosmopolitan but we couldn't be bothered to check out the cosmopolitan's pool etc. The staff at the jockey club were all really pleasant and helpful, and there is free parking. It really is right on strip, but blink and you'll miss the entrance sandwiched between the Bellagio & Cosmopolitan. Alternatively, there is a lift on one side of the building that leads straight into the Comso casino floor. After staying at one of the bigger Casino/Hotels on the strip we preferred the quietness and much more tranquil atmosphere of the Jockey Club - nice to get away from the bustle now and then.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank breakbeat
PIVacations, Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Jockey Club. The entire Jockey Club team congratulates you on your wedding. We appreciate the title, “A Hidden Gem on the Strip” and that you felt that you received excellent value for your money. We love that you found the Jockey Club to be a quiet and tranquil atmosphere and hope that you think of us the next time you visit fabulous Las Vegas.

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Czech first
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Unless you really want to suffer a time share presentation, just say no. Otherwise, it is a great place, a little bit older but right next to the Bellagio and very convenient to everything. I didn't have a view of anything but another building but that was fine with me. The apartments are well furnished and very comfortable.

Room Tip: There was no restaurant or room service but lots of choices close by.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank ak_gypsy949
PIVacations, Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Jockey Club. We appreciate that you enjoyed the comfort of the room and not minding that the suite did not have a view. We are glad that you found our location convenient to the surrounding good time. We hope that you, your family and friends will consider visiting us again when returning to Vegas.

Cape Cod, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Jockey Club. Here is what you need to know:
-Excellent location on the Strip. Easy access to the highway and all of the attractions
-Two bedroom suite was great. One room had two beds and the other had a single. Two bathrooms (one with a full sized shower, the other with a tub). Large living room, full kitchen, three TVs, stereo...it was great!
-Not all rooms have a view. The Cosmopolitan was built after the Jockey Club. All of the rooms on one size of the building have a view of a cement wall. We were on the other side and had a great view.
-The pool is small, private and heated (open 24 hours). There is a gym, hot tub and sauna. You can use the Bamboo pool at the Cosmoplitian if you show them your room card.

Here are a few tips:
-When arriving park in the 15 minute area, check in to get your parking pass and then you can self park on floor B3 of the garage. This saves you paying for a valet
-Just check in and get your room key. Don't listen to the people that are going to offer you "welcoming gifts", raffles, etc. I did not get hit up for time share at all by just avoiding these folks. They are directly across from the check in area.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Jockey Club and we plan on returning. I have stayed in Vegas several times and this was my favorite location. The Polo Towers are also excellent-I would check availability and prices of both and go with the better deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, otherwise you might be looking at the side of the Cosmopolitan Hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JDRCapeCod
PIVacations, Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your Jockey Club experience with Trip Advisor. We appreciate that you enjoyed our location, staff and free parking. Our favorite part is that you will be back.

We also appreciated your assessment of all that the Jockey Club has to offer as well as your attention to detail regarding your Tips for your fellow travelers. We look forward to seeing you, your family and friends during your next visit to your, “Home away from Home” in Las Vegas.

Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed at the Jockey Club through a time share exchange. The Building is a relatively small one wedged into the space between the Cosmopolitan and the Bellagio. Our room was a one bedroom with two queens and a sleeper sofa in the living room. Overall clean attractive and quiet. It was nice to not have to go through a casino every time and it is in the middle of the strip convenient if that's where you want to be.

My biggest complaint was figuring out ow to find the parking garage which is shared with the Cosmopolitan. Signage is minimal and when you get to level B3 youhaveto beluckyto figureoutthat the JC elevator is a nondescript set of doors with a tiny sign. Main entrance is off Las Vegas blvd headed south, just before the Cosmo. Watch out for pedestrians especially at night. You can enter through the Cosmo entrance once you know where you are going.

Stayed in room 400 which is a handicapped accessible. The only complaint being close to the elevator which had an annoying squeak. Also, the shower did not get as hot as I like, but that may have been ahandicapped safety feature. Let it run and it eventually was ok.

Housekeeping made beds daily, unusual for a timeshare and washed dishes once.

Pool is fairly small and looked cloudy. It is overshadowed by the larger buildings around and not much good for sunning, however, the shade may be welcome in hotter weather.

Room Tip: Ask for away from elevator
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank NMDesertSailor
PIVacations, Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
We appreciate that you took the time to comment on your “Good Experience” at the Jockey Club to your fellow travelers on Trip Advisor.

We agree that the signage on B3 parking level is minimal. We are working with the Cosmopolitan to increase our visibility for our owners and guest to find their way to us. Cosmo has recently posted Security at the entrance drive on the weekends to assist drivers with foot traffic.

Work orders have been issued to check the water temperature in suite 400 as well as the squeak from the guest elevators that you had reported. Thank you!

Please be aware for future visits that the Jockey Club guests may use the Cosmo 14th floor Bamboo pool for sunning and swimming during the season which began April 16th through mid to late October. The Jockey Club pool and deck are currently scheduling repairs as we were waiting for the Cosmo Bamboo pool to open prior to us shutting down our pool as not to inconvenience our guests as much as possible. Once the restorations are completed (2 to 3 weeks) our heated pool will reopen for use 24 hours per day, every day of the year which is unique to Las Vegas.

We hope that you choose the Jockey Club for your next Exchange to Las Vegas.

edmonton, alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed at the Jockey Club from March 1 thru March 31.

The location is excellent - according to their website the hotel is "snuggled between the Cosmopolitan and the Bellagion" The hotel has been renovated - but the fact remains that it is one of the older buildings on the Strip. While I was on the 4th floor, facing noirth, and had a view of the Bellagio fountains, I also was able to hear noise from outside (something you don't hear in the newer hotels) There were noisy guests on my floor on a couple of weekends but otherwise it was relatively quiet. There is a full kitchen, and a large living room and bedroom. The bathroon, however, is very small. Big enough for me, but not for two or more people. And, because the bathroom is in the bedroom, it would be rather awkward if there was another couple occupying the sofabed in the living room. There is a shuttle that goes to the grocery store (Smiths) three times a week. There is also a shuttle that goes to both outlet malls once a week. Very handy for those who do not have a car.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping every day is included. The only warning I have is to watch out for the timeshare people. They did not bother me because I am female and was by myself, but they were hauling in naive tourists from the Strip with promises of free dinner and show tickets and I overheard some of the hardcore "closers" discussing their tactics to sell to the vulnerabl.

All in all, it is not a bad place to stay. However, I have stayed at the Signature with the high-end furnishings and finishes, so I had a difficult time not comparing the two places. But, then, the price I paid (through VRBO) was $649 a week and I paid $1300 a week for the unit at the Signature.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have a view - the higher floors are the best
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank poker
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

The Jockey Club is a great respite from the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas strip. Clean, quiet and no casino on site makes for an oasis in the midst of wild. Connected to the Cosmopolitan by an elevator and parking lot and within walking distance of the entire strip you can't go wrong. The rooms are large and fully equipped.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank KrisV1
Bronx, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I purchased a resort stay and cancelled the next day.When I recived my confirmation, it did not state the items the agent gave me over the phone. Also she lied about her name and the telephone number she gave is for another company. After I paid for the stay, the agent hurried and ended the call and referred me to the confirmation dept. to finalize my purchase. The next day, I called the reservations dept. their jobs is to clear up the misquoted items, and inform you what you really purchased. Th female went on asthough I shouldn't expect to get the items quoted, and it is unreasonable to think I can have a 1 bedroom suite unless it's available. This didn't make since to me either. If the manager allows this, it shows me he/she does not value me at all.

Room Tip: Did not stay in hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family