“Disgusting...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport N Conv.
Ranked #136 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Baltimore, MD
“Disgusting...”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

So we flew into Vegas late on a Friday and were hitting the road first thing Saturday, so all we needed was a cheap place to stay. When I booked this room it was $49/night. It has decent enough reviews, we didn't want to waste money on a few hours sleep, so we just booked it. Well if we had gotten in earlier and weren't exhausted, I would have walked out and found someplace out. At first glance it doesn't look too bad. The front desk clerk was very nice despite the woman screaming at him about how awful her room was considering how expensive it was (should have been the first warning- my sleep deprived self thought, wow she must be picky). Check in was quick and painless, he handed us a map to find our room which was confusing- the strangest layout of a hotel... We had booked a non-smoking room. We are both sensitive to smoke smells. The further you walked into the hotel, the stronger the smoke smell got. Still I was positive- we booked a non-smoking room and I have never had an issue with that before! So we get to our room, and it smells even stronger than the halls. Clearly at this hotel, rooms that are non-smoking mean they removed the ash trays to make it look like non-smoking. It was disgusting. If I hadn't been going on 3 hours of sleep I wouldn't have been able to sleep with it. I felt like I was second hand smoking every second I was awake. Showering didn't help because the towels and even the water smelled like smoke. So gross. My husband went to the breakfast while I showered and said there was just a couple things to choose from. Nothing special. When we checked out, we told them of the smell and how we had booked a non-smoking room and they shrugged and said it happens sometimes, nothing we can do about it. Actually there is. Reserve rooms to be non-smoking, and don't let smokers in there. Simple as that. Unless you are a smoker, don't stay here. I didn't have any issues with the neighborhood but there were warnings all over the hotel and parking lot about not leaving ANYTHING out in your cars. So it must not be great.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as non-smoking here. So don't bother if you want that.
3 Thank 123travelista

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was approached in the middle of the night by a person without saying whether identification security and asking if I was a guest. I do not believe that this is normal and if they have problems with security that work not otherwise addressing the breakfast room in the hallway.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Husband and I stopped in Vegas overnight and loved our experience here. Very clean rooms, well maintained hotel, staff was awesome and helpful! Definitely recommend. If you are looking for a well priced stop in Vegas this is def where to go !

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kirstie-Raie S
portland, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Regarding our recent stay at: La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport N Conv. 3970 Paradise Rd Las Vegas, NV 89109 I'm taking the time to write you because as a business owner, I would want to know. Upon checkin for a 2 day stay at the las Vegas La Quinta, I saw a clean office, nice efficient checkin. Upon arriving at the door to the hallway leading to our room, I saw nothing but an unkempt entry, with smudges and hand prints everywhere, on every door, vending machines, elevators, everything. It looked as if it had not been wiped down for more than a year or more. Not wanting to touch anything,we made our way to the room. Upon opening the room door, I immediately noticed that everywhere I looked there were ants throughout the room. I contacted the office to get a new room, and rather than offering up a new room, they insisted that they spray the room for bugs first. With my wife and baby standing there waiting, a staff member showed up and started spraying toxic bug spray, and asked that we come back after a while. I went tot he front desk and insisted on a new room. When we arrive at our room directly below the exact room we were just at, we noticed a few, but much more Tolerable amount of ants in the room. At this point we realized this is just the level that this hotel operates at. And because of this, we did not feel clean or safe at any time. We made our way to the city for most of the day, returning at night. Later that night I called the front desk to get more towels. I was told by the person on the phone that they were the only person in the entire hotel, and that I would need to go to the front desk to obtain more towels. He (Steve) then hung up on me. After our second day at the hotel we decided to check out rather than renew our stay. I found one of the staff and casually asked why they don't clean the door with all the obvious disgusting smudges, and he told me that they don't because the guests just smear them up again. From management to the staff, its obvious that its a 'us against them' mentality, with a minimum standard being achieved. The bed was made well, the room was presented correctly, but beyond that, YUCK La Quinta.

3 Thank Wade H
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Traveling from NY to CA by car; stopped in Vegas for 2 nights, traveling with two adult sons. Made reservation in advance at this LQ sight unseen, based on rep. Layout of place was a bit cumbersome, with our room way in the back of the property, which is multi-floor and very spread out across 2 or 3 connected buildings. Walk to room after check-in involved schlepping luggage up elevator, and then very, very long walk through several corridors and turns, before finally arriving at room. Later, we realized we could park around back of motel for easier access to our room.

Ice machine did not work near our room, but it was fixed quickly once we reported it (I guess no other guests used ice). 2 of 3 electronic keys to our room did not work; fortunately, one did, or else we'd have to schlep way back to front desk (we swapped out for new keys). Room itself was clean and comfortable, nothing special but more than adequate. Bathroom featured very large, almost Jacuzzi-size tub, but no Jacuzzi (I stopped taking baths in 1956). Female travelers might enjoy that tub.

Breakfast room was worst feature of this place; simply inadequate space and staffing. Absolute pandemonium at free breakfast, packed to the rafters, not enough seating, at least 50 guests scrambling around for food and table seating, only 1 teenage girl servicing the whole room, including replacing items and bussing tables. Felt like I was trying to eat @ homeless shelter, not LQ "Inn and Suites". I complained loudly to front desk, just 1/2 flight down, and suddenly 2 more guys showed up to collect garbage and help that poor young girl. Next morning, it was slightly better, but only slightly. At this location, they can put the breakfast where the sun don't shine, which in Vegas is nowhere.

Room Tip: There's a nice pool area, and small fitness room next to it. Any room near the pool, but not on...
San Diego, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here because it was pet friendly, close to my event venue and had breakfast. Rooms were quiet, underground parking kept the car cool in the desert heat. Breakfast was convenient but nothing notable. Rooms are starting to show their age.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Bako
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Since my son was arriving before me to compete in a sports event it was great that they have complimentary shuttle service to airport as well as some part of strip. Front desk staff was very helpful in assisting me with process so he could check in without issue. Rooms left a little too be desired, but considering the high turnover in Vegas it goes with territory. They are older but bathroom had a large roomy tub which was nice. After waiting at pickup point on strip for shuttle one night for a considerable amount of time we ended just walking back to room (we didn't bother calling for status so that was on us). They do have a pretty respectable breakfast buffet that is included. While off strip, it is in walking distance of other amenities.

• Stayed July 2014