“Hair in shower and bed, blood on bathtub. Filthy”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport N Conv.
Ranked #162 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I often stay at La Quinta but this one will make me check twice. I booked two nights but cancelled the second night. The hotel was very dirty, stained old carpet, hair in bathtub and bed! Blood spots on side of bathtub totally grossed me out. Three gals who I'm pretty sure were prostitutes (don't really care about that- it is Vegas after all) hanging out by lobby doors might be weird for families. Very noisy at night from parties in other rooms which were clearly audible. Drunk guy wandering around with a beer in the parking lot at 7 am. Safety seemed questionable. Parking was hard and very limited. When I turned on AC, it smelled like mold.

On the plus side, the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly as well as professional. The only redeeming quality of this place.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank L T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Loved this place, big pool for swimming laps, relaxing spa, excellent cold breakfast provided, and open for snacking, not a problem anywhere. Discounts to nearby restaurants, close to the strip and other restaurants, overall an excellent value for your money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great Staff & good price for the value! Highly recommended! Only one issue but that was resolved very quickly. Needed to extend our stay, very accommodating for our changes. Highly recommend LaQuinta chain for any stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynne B
Reviewed 8 August 2014

So we flew into Vegas late on a Friday and were hitting the road first thing Saturday, so all we needed was a cheap place to stay. When I booked this room it was $49/night. It has decent enough reviews, we didn't want to waste money on a few hours sleep, so we just booked it. Well if we had gotten in earlier and weren't exhausted, I would have walked out and found someplace out. At first glance it doesn't look too bad. The front desk clerk was very nice despite the woman screaming at him about how awful her room was considering how expensive it was (should have been the first warning- my sleep deprived self thought, wow she must be picky). Check in was quick and painless, he handed us a map to find our room which was confusing- the strangest layout of a hotel... We had booked a non-smoking room. We are both sensitive to smoke smells. The further you walked into the hotel, the stronger the smoke smell got. Still I was positive- we booked a non-smoking room and I have never had an issue with that before! So we get to our room, and it smells even stronger than the halls. Clearly at this hotel, rooms that are non-smoking mean they removed the ash trays to make it look like non-smoking. It was disgusting. If I hadn't been going on 3 hours of sleep I wouldn't have been able to sleep with it. I felt like I was second hand smoking every second I was awake. Showering didn't help because the towels and even the water smelled like smoke. So gross. My husband went to the breakfast while I showered and said there was just a couple things to choose from. Nothing special. When we checked out, we told them of the smell and how we had booked a non-smoking room and they shrugged and said it happens sometimes, nothing we can do about it. Actually there is. Reserve rooms to be non-smoking, and don't let smokers in there. Simple as that. Unless you are a smoker, don't stay here. I didn't have any issues with the neighborhood but there were warnings all over the hotel and parking lot about not leaving ANYTHING out in your cars. So it must not be great.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as non-smoking here. So don't bother if you want that.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 123travelista
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was approached in the middle of the night by a person without saying whether identification security and asking if I was a guest. I do not believe that this is normal and if they have problems with security that work not otherwise addressing the breakfast room in the hallway.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Husband and I stopped in Vegas overnight and loved our experience here. Very clean rooms, well maintained hotel, staff was awesome and helpful! Definitely recommend. If you are looking for a well priced stop in Vegas this is def where to go !

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kirstie-Raie S
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Regarding our recent stay at: La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport N Conv. 3970 Paradise Rd Las Vegas, NV 89109 I'm taking the time to write you because as a business owner, I would want to know. Upon checkin for a 2 day stay at the las Vegas La Quinta, I saw a clean office, nice efficient checkin. Upon arriving at the door to the hallway leading to our room, I saw nothing but an unkempt entry, with smudges and hand prints everywhere, on every door, vending machines, elevators, everything. It looked as if it had not been wiped down for more than a year or more. Not wanting to touch anything,we made our way to the room. Upon opening the room door, I immediately noticed that everywhere I looked there were ants throughout the room. I contacted the office to get a new room, and rather than offering up a new room, they insisted that they spray the room for bugs first. With my wife and baby standing there waiting, a staff member showed up and started spraying toxic bug spray, and asked that we come back after a while. I went tot he front desk and insisted on a new room. When we arrive at our room directly below the exact room we were just at, we noticed a few, but much more Tolerable amount of ants in the room. At this point we realized this is just the level that this hotel operates at. And because of this, we did not feel clean or safe at any time. We made our way to the city for most of the day, returning at night. Later that night I called the front desk to get more towels. I was told by the person on the phone that they were the only person in the entire hotel, and that I would need to go to the front desk to obtain more towels. He (Steve) then hung up on me. After our second day at the hotel we decided to check out rather than renew our stay. I found one of the staff and casually asked why they don't clean the door with all the obvious disgusting smudges, and he told me that they don't because the guests just smear them up again. From management to the staff, its obvious that its a 'us against them' mentality, with a minimum standard being achieved. The bed was made well, the room was presented correctly, but beyond that, YUCK La Quinta.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family