“Great choice for downtown Vegas”

Main Street Station Hotel & Casino
Ranked #61 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed 3 nights at Main Street Station. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Not luxurious, but worth the price. Casino has been one of our must stops in Vegas, and it was good to me. Sister property California Casino is linked by bridge across street. It was also nice, and seemed to be in much better shape than the last time we visited. These casinos cater to Hawaiian gamblers, and many of the hotel guests are Asian. This makes an interesting and unique mix of patrons. Very friendly and relaxed crowd. We also did a walk of some other casinos on Fremont Street. Many of the old casinos have been freshened up and look great. If you have shied away from downtown, it is worth a revisit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank wsteinhauer

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have stayed in many of the strip Resorts over the last twenty five years and as far as the rooms are concerned there is little to choose between them. This was the first time I stayed downtown and was not disappointed. On the 16th floor the room was reasonably quiet considering it overlooked the freeway. The noisy bit was the air conditioning but that is true of other places.
The room was clean and even had a fridge which was welcome in the 117 degree temperatures.
The buffet was inexpensive and had a range which easily satisfied my needs.
The bar had an excellent selection of beers brewed locally and again much better value than anywhere else in Vegas.
All the staff were helpful and cheerful and I will certainly stay again.
A little off the beaten track but only 200 yards from Freemont Street. Outstanding value for money.
The only query I had which was not answered was why it was only possible to book for a maximum of seven days,( I have never seen this before in any hotel)." Its policy" was the best answer I got.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side are probably quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank travellingtug
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Dear reviewers,
Main street is bliss $1.75 micro brew of their own brew and the place is amazing. Marble bar big golden boar. And 4 beers on tap that they brew themselves. O and also you can visit the cafe and get two to three more seasonally brewed beverages for $3 bux. I hear the buffet is one of the best in town. Just remember to look at the ceiling here you'll be amazed by the the craft that built this place. Deffentally a place to visit downtown Vegas. Main street is one of my local hangouts! Enjoy cuz I do lots!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed at the Main Street for my sons basketball tournament and I must say I was pleased with the room, the quiet atmosphere and the service. I returned a week later for another stay and was very pleased also. I try to avoid the heavy traffic on the strip so Main Street is perfect

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank sexemom
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Went back to this property a year later. Same great service, but the Prime Rib was not the same quality - we will not complain about the food with a mouthful. Will go back, just won't have the same very high expectations for the meat. Staff and accommodations were very good. Casino was a little tighter, but still fun.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DirtSifter
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We also stayed here on our wedding night, so this cozy vintage hotel is very special to us. We stayed here for our second wedding anniversary in June, for a 5 night stay.
Our check in was pleasant, we checked in early and had no issues.

This stay was great, our room was well maintained, spotless and had an excellent view of Fremont Street from floor# 15. The flat screen TV with HD is great, and the mini fridge really helped. They are always generous with the toiletries. The housekeeper always gave us extra lotion because she noticed that my wife would run out, this attention to detail is always appreciated. The house keepers always leave the room clean with out disturbing our belongings. The extra seating room and desk are a wonderful addition. The bed was really comfortable, best sleep I've had in a really long time. There was no noise to complain of, its a really peaceful hotel. I would recommend MSS to anyone!

5  Thank ernestoc33
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Main Street Station RV Park, which is not really advertised by Main Street Station on their website. It is little more than a parking lot with full hook ups, clean bathrooms as well as laundry and also use of the hotel's heated indoor pool. You don't go to this RV park for the "park" experience, you're there for Vegas! However, it is a great location and jumping off point for Las Vegas if you're in an RV. AND, the price can't be beat. It cost WAY less than the other major RV park on the strip. We had the good fortune to be parked right in front of the bathrooms and laundry which was super convenient. We opted to rent a car for the few days we were in Vegas so I don't know what the public transport situation from Main Street Station to the strip might be. It was only a few short block walk to Fremont Street though, which was great, since it was 116 when we were there.... a heat wave! Highly recommend if you're visiting Vegas with a camper or RV. Price can't be beat!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family