“Great Freemont St. without the noise”

Main Street Station Hotel & Casino
Ranked #67 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 9 September 2013

A real bargan! Clean britght room! Good size flat TV. Very good low price buffet. One block from Freemont St. QUIET! If I ever go back to Vegas (doubtful) this is where I will stay.
They cater to folks from Hawaii. Nice people to be with.
For a good view ask for an odd numbered room on a high floor.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms on a high floor bave the best view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cbadjo

Reviewed 7 September 2013

If your looking for less hustle when in Vegas Fremont Street is the must stay area. Have stay on the strip and this is my second stay downtown ,can get to the strip if you what to if you what the constant people pushing factor. It's costs less food is better ,people friendlier more to do . The strip has changes so much and not for the better its just money signs . Can not even cross the street unless your made to walk on bridge walks that will lead you through other casino's Stay downtown

Room Tip: Loved this hotel, would not stay on the strip ,ever downtown is the best and found Main Street Stati...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christine B
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Booked this hotel for one night and very glad we did! The two ladies at the check-in counter were extremely rude and disrespectful. Obviously, they do not like their job and it shows!

Once we were in the room, our view out the window was the casino roof. In the middle of the night, we were woke up to a train passing by (a very loud train). The shower in the bathroom is wheelchair accessible- which is great if you have a wheelchair, but we do not. The problem was when you took a shower the water had nothing to stop it, so it ran out of the shower all over the bathroom floor and became a lake. We tried to mop it up, but only had so many towels. It was a HUGE mess. We were scared to complain to the hotel staff because of how bad we were treated when we checked-in.

Parking is not the greatest. I was a little nervous leaving my car there overnight. People walking around on the streets and sidewalks were a little scary looking. We saw cameras, but wondered if they were real, or just for looks?

Stayed downtown because we wanted to be close to Freemont Street Experience. This hotel is over two blocks away. Doesn't sound far, but at night when the people on the street are not the greatest, the two blocks are far enough. Wished we were closer.

The only good thing about our stay was the buffet for breakfast. The food was good, we had lots of choices, and it was very reasonably priced.

My advice: Go for the buffet, but don't spend the night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa S
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Main Street Station Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Main Street Station. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during this stay. Your comments will be addressed with our Front Desk Manager, Housekeeping Manager as well as our General Manager. Thank you for the positive comments concerning the Garden Court buffet. We know you have many choices for places to stay, and we hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at Main Street Station Hotel & Casino a couple of months ago, for a few weeknights. The first room was noisy due to thin walls and loud neighbors, so I requested a room change and got a quiet room. It's an average looking hotel and room for Vegas. The rooms are average size, with small flat screen tv's. The blinds don't quite block out the light, but I was only paying $27 a night. This is one of the few remaining hotel/casinos in Vegas that doesn't charge a resort fee (yet), so that makes it more tolerable. They have a so-so buffet that's pretty cheap, as well as a microbrewery with $1.75 pints, I believe. All in all, this is a pretty dull, mediocre downtown hotel. I don't care for downtown Vegas in general, but for the price Main Street Station is ok.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Main Street Station Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Main Street Station Casino Brewery Hotel. We sincerely apologize to you for the disappointing experience while staying with us. We appreciate any feedback as always. Your comments have been forwarded to our General Manager for review. Once again we would like to thank you and hope that you give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I like getting my R&R in Vegas and usually stay at the California or Main Street, adjacent Boyd Gaming properties. Of the two properties, Main Street is a little more upscale with a modern hotel tower, casino decorated with vintage decor and historical artifacts and a great buffet and microbrewery. A piece of the Berlin wall fronts the men's room and stained glass, art and antiques abound. Both the Cal and Main Street are more relaxing and less crowded than Fremont Street or Strip properties.

Main Street is a heavy duty video poker haven and has more machines and serious players than any casino I've visited. Although modest in size, the casino has a good selection of slots and table games. The casino isn't as smoky as the Cal or any of the Fremont Street joints. I suspect the high ceilings and ventilation are helpful in this regard. If you bore of Main Street, the Cal is a 60 second walk through an air conditioned bridge.

The rooms are nice but standard hotel issue: clean, reasonably sized and pleasant modern decor. Something in the bed sheets gives me a rash if I stay more than a night, I suspect an insecticide. For this reason, I usually stay at the Cal as the sheets aren't as itchy.

The Garden Court Buffet is one of my favorite places to eat. Breakfast and lunch are reasonable albeit dinner can be pricy on weekends due to the special seafood or prime rib menus.

The Triple 7 Brewery has the best microbrewery in Vegas and you'll find me inside every day at happy hour enjoying a BlackChip porter or brewmaster special. Of course, the microbrews are free on the casino floor if you're gaming and keep me playing video poker longer than I should...

All in all a great place with nice rooms, friendly service (they remember me each time I visit), wonderful beer, great grinds and relaxed atmosphere. Even if I stay at the Cal or Golden Nugget, I still spend a lot of time at Main Street Station.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter F
Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you are tried, of staying on the strip, and fighting, the crowd's, then main street station is your place, being in a old rail road station. It is were you want to be, the room's are great, the view's well they are like the strip, but the crowd's are not here, the buffet are is like the waiting area of a train station, long ago, the ceiling area is all glass, the food is great, and the price can not be beat. Room's are very nice, and the staff is always helpful. Will come again.

Room Tip: You forget about the strip when you stay here, you back in time to las vegas of the 60's
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank popo45
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have been staying at the Main Street Station for the last ten years. To me, its like coming home. The staff is very friendly and I am always treated well. The casino is a lot quieter than those on the Strip or on Fremont Street. The video poker is great and they have a wide variety to choose from. The buffet is excellent and reasonably priced. I'm looking forward to my next visit there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family