“amazing deal with some old vegas charm” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Main Street Station Hotel & Casino

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Main Street Station Hotel & Casino
Ranked #60 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
carlsbad ca
“amazing deal with some old vegas charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

just got back from a quick 3 night vegas trip. we rented 2 rooms midweek and paid just under 28 bucks per room per night TOTAL. !! the hotels on the strip all seemed to have a 18 dollar per night resort tax? WTF?

for the price (even for 3 times the price) I really like this quaint small off to the side hotel and casino. parking was free and it was very easy to go from parking to the elevator to the room. (having to walk the whole casino just to get to the elevator is a huge hassle in other casinos)

I found the rooms to be very clean and orderly. Both our rooms faced towards the plaza hotel. 14th floor. I didnt hear any of the freeway or even the train noise others talked about. our rooms were very quiet, day and night.

simple 1 block walk to the action on Fremont Street. there is even a walkway from this hotel to the California hotel (same boyd owner group)

The buffet was DELICIOUS we ate breakfast there each morning. 7 dollars, great deal. Manny ? the omelet chef was fun/funny. The steak and shrimp dinner buffet was terrific too.

I wished I had known about the pool on top of the Cal hotel included with this hotel. i would have loved to check that out and go for a swim.

My only real grip at all with this hotel (all vegas hotels it seems) 10 dollars per device per day for internet connection? TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE in 2013. They should make it FREE starting tomorrow and then advertise that fact like crazy. Im sure others must feel that this is a sad joke in 2013. Mcdonalds gives it away for free. That fact alone should shame the hotels into doing the same.

For all the benefits and the insanely great deal on price. I will still hold this hotel/casino in my mind as a first and favorite place to stay on future visits.

Room Tip: higher up in the tower and facing away from the freeway and towards the plaza. very quiet and a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ndepndant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

A real bargan! Clean britght room! Good size flat TV. Very good low price buffet. One block from Freemont St. QUIET! If I ever go back to Vegas (doubtful) this is where I will stay.
They cater to folks from Hawaii. Nice people to be with.
For a good view ask for an odd numbered room on a high floor.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms on a high floor bave the best view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cbadjo
Dansville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

If your looking for less hustle when in Vegas Fremont Street is the must stay area. Have stay on the strip and this is my second stay downtown ,can get to the strip if you what to if you what the constant people pushing factor. It's costs less food is better ,people friendlier more to do . The strip has changes so much and not for the better its just money signs . Can not even cross the street unless your made to walk on bridge walks that will lead you through other casino's Stay downtown

Room Tip: Loved this hotel, would not stay on the strip ,ever downtown is the best and found Main Street Stati...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Christine B
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Booked this hotel for one night and very glad we did! The two ladies at the check-in counter were extremely rude and disrespectful. Obviously, they do not like their job and it shows!

Once we were in the room, our view out the window was the casino roof. In the middle of the night, we were woke up to a train passing by (a very loud train). The shower in the bathroom is wheelchair accessible- which is great if you have a wheelchair, but we do not. The problem was when you took a shower the water had nothing to stop it, so it ran out of the shower all over the bathroom floor and became a lake. We tried to mop it up, but only had so many towels. It was a HUGE mess. We were scared to complain to the hotel staff because of how bad we were treated when we checked-in.

Parking is not the greatest. I was a little nervous leaving my car there overnight. People walking around on the streets and sidewalks were a little scary looking. We saw cameras, but wondered if they were real, or just for looks?

Stayed downtown because we wanted to be close to Freemont Street Experience. This hotel is over two blocks away. Doesn't sound far, but at night when the people on the street are not the greatest, the two blocks are far enough. Wished we were closer.

The only good thing about our stay was the buffet for breakfast. The food was good, we had lots of choices, and it was very reasonably priced.

My advice: Go for the buffet, but don't spend the night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lisa S
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Main Street Station Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Main Street Station. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during this stay. Your comments will be addressed with our Front Desk Manager, Housekeeping Manager as well as our General Manager. Thank you for the positive comments concerning the Garden Court buffet. We know you have many choices for places to stay, and we hope you will give us another try.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at Main Street Station Hotel & Casino a couple of months ago, for a few weeknights. The first room was noisy due to thin walls and loud neighbors, so I requested a room change and got a quiet room. It's an average looking hotel and room for Vegas. The rooms are average size, with small flat screen tv's. The blinds don't quite block out the light, but I was only paying $27 a night. This is one of the few remaining hotel/casinos in Vegas that doesn't charge a resort fee (yet), so that makes it more tolerable. They have a so-so buffet that's pretty cheap, as well as a microbrewery with $1.75 pints, I believe. All in all, this is a pretty dull, mediocre downtown hotel. I don't care for downtown Vegas in general, but for the price Main Street Station is ok.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Main Street Station Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Main Street Station Casino Brewery Hotel. We sincerely apologize to you for the disappointing experience while staying with us. We appreciate any feedback as always. Your comments have been forwarded to our General Manager for review. Once again we would like to thank you and hope that you give us another try in the near future.
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I like getting my R&R in Vegas and usually stay at the California or Main Street, adjacent Boyd Gaming properties. Of the two properties, Main Street is a little more upscale with a modern hotel tower, casino decorated with vintage decor and historical artifacts and a great buffet and microbrewery. A piece of the Berlin wall fronts the men's room and stained glass, art and antiques abound. Both the Cal and Main Street are more relaxing and less crowded than Fremont Street or Strip properties.

Main Street is a heavy duty video poker haven and has more machines and serious players than any casino I've visited. Although modest in size, the casino has a good selection of slots and table games. The casino isn't as smoky as the Cal or any of the Fremont Street joints. I suspect the high ceilings and ventilation are helpful in this regard. If you bore of Main Street, the Cal is a 60 second walk through an air conditioned bridge.

The rooms are nice but standard hotel issue: clean, reasonably sized and pleasant modern decor. Something in the bed sheets gives me a rash if I stay more than a night, I suspect an insecticide. For this reason, I usually stay at the Cal as the sheets aren't as itchy.

The Garden Court Buffet is one of my favorite places to eat. Breakfast and lunch are reasonable albeit dinner can be pricy on weekends due to the special seafood or prime rib menus.

The Triple 7 Brewery has the best microbrewery in Vegas and you'll find me inside every day at happy hour enjoying a BlackChip porter or brewmaster special. Of course, the microbrews are free on the casino floor if you're gaming and keep me playing video poker longer than I should...

All in all a great place with nice rooms, friendly service (they remember me each time I visit), wonderful beer, great grinds and relaxed atmosphere. Even if I stay at the Cal or Golden Nugget, I still spend a lot of time at Main Street Station.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter F
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you are tried, of staying on the strip, and fighting, the crowd's, then main street station is your place, being in a old rail road station. It is were you want to be, the room's are great, the view's well they are like the strip, but the crowd's are not here, the buffet are is like the waiting area of a train station, long ago, the ceiling area is all glass, the food is great, and the price can not be beat. Room's are very nice, and the staff is always helpful. Will come again.

Room Tip: You forget about the strip when you stay here, you back in time to las vegas of the 60's
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple