just got back from a quick 3 night vegas trip. we rented 2 rooms midweek and paid just under 28 bucks per room per night TOTAL. !! the hotels on the strip all seemed to have a 18 dollar per night resort tax? WTF?
for the price (even for 3 times the price) I really like this quaint small off to the side hotel and casino. parking was free and it was very easy to go from parking to the elevator to the room. (having to walk the whole casino just to get to the elevator is a huge hassle in other casinos)
I found the rooms to be very clean and orderly. Both our rooms faced towards the plaza hotel. 14th floor. I didnt hear any of the freeway or even the train noise others talked about. our rooms were very quiet, day and night.
simple 1 block walk to the action on Fremont Street. there is even a walkway from this hotel to the California hotel (same boyd owner group)
The buffet was DELICIOUS we ate breakfast there each morning. 7 dollars, great deal. Manny ? the omelet chef was fun/funny. The steak and shrimp dinner buffet was terrific too.
I wished I had known about the pool on top of the Cal hotel included with this hotel. i would have loved to check that out and go for a swim.
My only real grip at all with this hotel (all vegas hotels it seems) 10 dollars per device per day for internet connection? TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE in 2013. They should make it FREE starting tomorrow and then advertise that fact like crazy. Im sure others must feel that this is a sad joke in 2013. Mcdonalds gives it away for free. That fact alone should shame the hotels into doing the same.
For all the benefits and the insanely great deal on price. I will still hold this hotel/casino in my mind as a first and favorite place to stay on future visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in historic downtown Las Vegas, Main Street Station Hotel may be the best-kept secret in all of Las Vegas! With charming Victorian-era architecture, dozens of rare antiques and curiosities, award-winning restaurants, a slab of the Berlin Wall, Main Street Station offers a truly unique destination experience. The hotel is conveniently located near world class entertainment facilities, shopping, dining, and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your Main Street Station Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Main Street Station Hotel And Casino
- Main Street Station Hotel Las Vegas
- Main Street Station Hotel & Casino Las Vegas